Why do people hate this so much? It was better than the original to be quite honest

Why do people hate this so much? It was better than the original to be quite honest.

Are you John Carpenter or Mike Stoklasa? They're the only people on the planet who think Escape from L.A. is better than Escape from New York.

it really was better but these assholes just parrot the critics stance on the original

why was there never an Escape from Detroit?

i enjoy it until the surfing and basketball scenes

The first one's still better. I think people didn't know how to react to the second one when it came out, since it's like a sequel/remake/parody combo.

It has some goofy shit in it, which some people will accept and some won't.

Because documentaries don't pull in as much profit.

This.

Just an aside, Kurt practiced that three point shot exhaustively, the shot made in the movie is legit.

This is the greatest ending in the history of action movies and no one will ever convince me otherwise.

>mfw this thread reminds me of that kid that tried to get everyone at school to call him Snake after this came out

>I stop enjoying it when it gets better
why tho

EFNY is to EFLA what Mad Max 1 is to Mad Max 2.

>being to fat to attempt the 10 second shot clock challenge

10/10

Still have this movie on VHS, watch it at the cottage on rainy days.

Underrated post.

P O T T E R Y

The ending scene almost makes up for everything else terrible in the movie.

The first in the series?

fucking kek

>people start calling him snake mockingly
>tells people to start calling him Plissken

Could've worked.

Not true I think this one is better.

Escape from NY is serious

Escape from LA is fun and comfy

Thought it was awesome in my teens. Watching it 10+ years later, not so much. Elements of it are cool, but as a whole it's pretty bad.

bomb=dropped

Really Really desperately hope we get a reboot with Timothy Olyphant.
And its not a rehash of the previous stuff, no "escape from" anything, just Snake being a badass criminal.

>i enjoy it until it becomes kino

every single time

The surfing scene was stupid and dragged around there, but there are many fun moments. In particular the beginning and end are baller

I saw L.A. first and liked it more than N.Y.

I don't know, I just had more fun with the sequel.