Hey, guy with the storage server here

hey, guy with the storage server here
can someone tell me what these small RAM sticks inside my Data General Model 70661 are? Once again could find no resources about them online

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SIMM#72-pin_SIMMs
youtube.com/watch?v=rM87TEZXCfg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

RAM stands for Random Access Memory. Basically they speed up your computer.

>can someone tell me what these small RAM sticks are
those are ram sticks

I know what RAM is. But these in particular are peculiar because of their size, I've never seen any quite like this

They appear to be... ram sticks

Place them on the ram sockets, and check speccy.

you must not have seen a lot of RAM in your days

seems interesting. Have you try prayers to the Machine God yet ?

Uh they're just regular DIMMs compadre

how about you take a picture where the stickers aren't washed out dumbass

They are regulated ECC DRAM (a quite old version, pre DDR) used in old servers. They are worth about as much as the pennies beside them

careful dude those are illegal hacker chips I hope you have a permit for those

is that SDRAM? don't remember, it's been that long since i built a PC

thanks for the real answer. i only found them odd because i had typically only seen newer RAM sticks, here's a comparison pic to show what I mean

No don't, those black squares contain an EMP pulse and they detonate if you plug it in to a power source

all RAM nowadays is SDRAM retard

Looks like EDO DRAM SIMMs

You're beyond help.

It 72 pin SIMMS

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SIMM#72-pin_SIMMs

Yeah, I used to sell RAM and CPUs for a livin in large quantities. Probably recycled tens of thousands of those old sticks.

I saved one because it was mislabled as being 256 GB instead of MB, threw out the rest.

Wouldnt smaller sticks of RAM like this be used in laptops and other electronics with the focus on size and lower heat output than normal parts?

Not to be a dick man, but come on... count the fuckin' pins and spend 90 secs on google... There are times when you ask others for help, and then there are times when you go educate yourself on your own...

>Threw out.
youtube.com/watch?v=rM87TEZXCfg

ECC isnt some old version of DDR...
It stands for error-correcting code and is used on memory types to help prevent the random flips in DRAM.

Op you probably have DDR1 SDRAM.

Nice trips

And not necessarily. The size standard fluctuated based on a variety of factors (cost, delay, availabile power?, etc.)

But we do use smaller chipsets for laptops

I worked for an E-scrap company. I recycled 2k+ pounds at a time. Wish i got the proceeds, but alas. Sold a batch of 64GB DDR3 sticks one for around $15,000 once though.

I really doubt you get your money back from the supplies you have to buy.

looks like EDO ram