Return of the Jedi

Just finished Episode 6 to find Hayden Christensen in ghost form at the end... why George, why?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=N7-y-A3D5bk
youtube.com/watch?v=k7ZW1gtCljs
m.youtube.com/watch?v=2jzZOgLH4KU
youtube.com/watch?v=NkLMSpDJH1A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

thanks for your contribution to this subreddit, really made me think....

Because that was him as a good guy, there's other version if this offends your taste of the ONLY ELEMENT THAT TIES THE 2 FILMS TOGETHER

pottery

Get the original cuts, pleb.

There's even re-mastered versions floating around.

*cough* grindhouse! *cough*

I never understood this

Why werent yoda and Obi Wans ghosts young too?

Why just change Vader?

Check out Star Wars Despecialized Edition project

They don't sell the old versions, and they also show Naboo and Coruscant celebrating after the Death Star is destroyed

I don't see the problem in this, it makes sense. The god awful CGI creatures doesn't tho.

Its like Pottery dude if you can't handle it then gtfo

Star Wars Definitive Collection on Laserdisc

the original makes just as much sense since he was "redeemed" by saving his son

because between luke seeing a fat old guy that looked nothing like burned vader or seeing anakin as he had before he became vader, they decided to choose the latter.

I hate sand

Its coarse

And it get everywhere

Protection is a job for local security, not Jedi

Actually, his death as helmet-less Vader was his last moment living as a good guy, not the young anakin which was actually the last time he was a bad guy.

No lie though AOTC is my favorite Star Wars. I know it's the worst in everyone's eyes but as a young man growing up and dating around that time looking at young vader frolicking around with his bitch was the greatest thing Ive ever had the chance to watch.

I just recently rewatched the OT only to realize they're fucking TERRIBLE.
God I feel so stupid for liking this shitty as fuck franchise.

What? Should Anakin's ghost look nothing like Anakin?

the bitch was fine

This faggot right here.

I love and hate them all equally for their own merits. Except for TFA which I hate for being Star Wars but like for everything not Star Wars related in it.

>ONLY ELEMENT THAT TIES THE 2 FILMS TOGETHER

Literally retarded

That's what you get for watching the post 2004 edition, or anything but the original cut.

what his guy says

i hate the special editions but that is a very fitting change

anakin died when he turned to the dark side
vader was pure evil even in the end
he was just happy to see his son but still pure evil

So if Hitler saved his son before he died he wouldn't be bad at all?

Sith can't become force ghosts and he was a force ghost so he was obviously Jedi.

exactly, anakin became a force ghost
vader didn't

Prime Hershlag is GOAT.

>Sith can't become force ghosts

That's another thing they fucked up in the EU. I'm glad that trash is gone.

Wait so

That's supposed to be Anakin twenty years after RotS

desu i think that goerge had a brain fart when it came to the age of the characters in the films

It was never fleshed out enough for it's own sake.

Young Anakin became Darth Vader.
Darth Vader became Old Anakin.
Lucas tried to mess this up and made Vader become Young Anakin.

Thankfully Lucas has no say in it anymore.
Regretfully we're stuck with equally incompetent morons.

there is no Old Anakin he was never redeemed

There was and he was until Disney.

Lava ages you worse than meth.

Force ghost is the gayest concept in the whole universe

Let's not forget one actually good change

youtube.com/watch?v=N7-y-A3D5bk

You shut your whore mouth. Yub Nub is the best.

That one is cool admittedly, but it's not yub nub and because of that it is vile.

>implying George isn't a visionary

He somehow knew he was going to cast Hayden Christensen 30 years later as Anakin so he found a lookalike in 1983 to play ghost Vader. Apologize to the poor man.

For a second I was worried there won't be any contrarian faggots. Yub Nub is good but this is better even though it's newer. And trust me, I'm saying this as a guy who hates sequels (and ep7) and every other change Lucas made.

Fuck me sideways, I meant prequels.

Which is why Hayden is a good change. Though I wish they aged him up a bit. Make him look like he was in his mid to late 40's and it'd be perfect.

>Not appreciating Georges vision

Plebs, the lot of you.

>not liking yub nub

Sand ages you by 20 years as demonstrated by Old Ben, add lave into the mix and that's another 20-30 years more.

That's not Sheev.

Who the fuck is that guy?
Glad Lucas changed it.

>Thankfully women and jews now have a say in it

That's pretty good if you like Endo Jizz

What is that face trying to convey?

>ignores the line right under which bemoans the jews and women now owning it instead

I'm actually okay with this one. Mcdiarmind is god-tier. When looking at all the horrible things George did, this little change is the least heinous, beyond cleaning up the picture/sound of course.

Considering in the same movie he turned Boba Fett from a cold badass to a kiwi, itd be hard to do worse.

Star.Wars.1977.Silver.Screen.Edition.35mm.v1.mkv

Is that ep 5? Didn't they add a scream to lukes fall on bespin then remove it in other editions?

>he turned Boba Fett from a cold badass to a kiwi
explain

Boba Fetts original voice was cold and manly. It exuded menace and determination.
Lucas dubbed over the voice with Temuera Morrisons, the guy who played Jango and his clones. As much as I love temuera despite him fucking sheep, It was a poor move by lucas.
The dub is also shit.

Too bad it was like a relationship between a bipolar sociopath with a history of violence and a woman who suffered from denial and stockholm syndrome

Lucas changed and added quite a bit.
The lukes quip on dagobah after r2 was spat out pissed me off almost as much as the anakin change.

Anakin change wasn't even that bad. I mean, vader was supposed to be like 45 when he died. That guy was way too old.

>Thankfully Lucas has no say in it anymore.
It's people like you who are responsible for driving him to sell the franchise. It will never be good again. One film with Disney and it's already become uninspired agenda pushing trash. Lucas had a vision, and his vision was pure kino.

youtube.com/watch?v=k7ZW1gtCljs

This shit rustles my jimmies like no other

>that and the godawful Jedi rocks scene

Makesmemad.jpg

Disney never retconned his redemption

OT is prime canon, Anakin was redeemed...his story is over. Rey has nothing to do with Anakin

>Jedi rocks scene

The what now?

Yeah right? Space samurais, green goblin wizards, sand vagina monsters, literal Zelda pig people and slug gangsters are totally acceptable and I can suspend belief for..

But a fucking spiritual force? Get out of town

We don't know that yet.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=2jzZOgLH4KU

Prepare to claw your eyes out.

>Rey has nothing to do with Anakin
Not if the leaks are true.

ok reddit

Who knows what being a cyborg will do to you as you age.
The fact he didn't add Ewans obi-wan or young yoda (from the Eps 2 and 3) is a travesty.
There is no legitimate reason why he should've changed him. It contradicts the established universes rules, made no sense in-universe and made no sense creatively. Lucas was just a dickhead when he decided to add Christensen.

The fact the Sith are still such a powerful threat and the Jedi are all but extinct once again shows that anakin did not bring balance to the force.

A dickhead to who? To himself? You?

Literally who? It was his shit.

the one thing that the special editions do that make them 100x better than the originals is the ending music in return of the jedi.
also it's cool how we get to see all the planets celebrating the fall of the dark side yet a few years later ANOTHER death star and dark sith somehow get built.

Oh god, I forgot about it.

also, what a waste of perfectly good twilek female

lmao this scene is so fucking bad I feel awkwardly ashamed and embarrassed even if I watch this alone in my house, like ive done something terribly wrong.

Please fucking die with this everything is reddit meme, it shows up at LEAST 5 to 10 fucking times a board. Its not funny, creative or even a good meme. When you post your le reddit, everyone legit thinks you sound like a retard who needs to go back

KU NE TAI
youtube.com/watch?v=NkLMSpDJH1A

>not watching theatrical versions
D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

The way I see it, that was the way Anakin looked when he stopped being Anakin and became Vader.

Redeeming himself can be different than bringing balance to the force. He becsme a force ghost and is at peace, OT is still CANON, there is no universe where they arent canon

I wish Lucas still owned the franchise but did the actual smart thing and step down as creative director. No matter what happened, Lucas always had final say. That needed to stop and him selling it to Disney was the worst most gut wrenching decision he could've made.

Read on to see my blog:
I loved SW beyond belief. I've played all but 2 of the SW games EVER made. I own almost every cassette, dvd and bluray. I own every book released prior to disneys acquisition.
I own tens of thousands of dollars of merchandise. I fucking loved lucas and Star Wars. But Disney killed that. I've never felt such a pain as I did when I heard he'd sold the IP. A genuine little piece of my childhoods memories died when Ep7 was released.
tl;dr Fuck you user. I loved Star Wars and you attempting to claim otherwise is an asshat move.

ok reddit

>Star Wars Definitive Collection on Laserdisc
bare-bones DVD edition with "Bonus disc" carrying original cut is actually the same LD transfer.

OT is canon, Anakin died a force ghost, only can become one if redeemed

Yes, he was.

>mfw

I was replying to the last bit.

I know that, I'm saying that Disney continuing the story changes the entire dynamic of anakins fated destiny.

But the last time he was Anakin he was helmetless Darth Vader, dying in his sons arms.
The last time he was young Anakin he joined the Sith.

k, reddit

To the actor that portrayed the original Anakin Skywalker.

The name of their band is even funnier

I don't know why everyone hates yub nub so much. It syncs with the scene and represents the actual atmosphere. If you won wouldn't you be going nuts and drinking and shit?

You mean the extra who was in two scenes in the entire Trilogy?

I think hes fine

You see the original Snee or w/e her name is, in the background. He couldn't even have her edited out the lazy bastard

>switch the actor of a scene an entire generation grew up with to a twink that couldn't act his way out of a paper bag
>he's fine

No matter what you think, the universally acknowledged fact is that christensens anakin being included was a mistake and panned by the vast majority. Your attempt at undermining me simply makes me hard, like your cock when it sees a pretty boy.

That took an odd turn..

Also, I said fine as the actor was prob fine about it

A reminder that Lucas didn't film newfootage for the Hayden ghost, that is the wardrobe check footage they threw in.