ITT: Things New Englanders Say

"Also"? No, it's "As well"

>fluffanutta
i'm a refugee from the midwest...still haven't had one of these
>being born in the us

Going down Mt. Washington is the harder part. That's when you understand why engine braking is so important and why they only gave you brakes sized for casual use and emergency situations.

AHahaha, just saw this bumper sticker in Massachusetts yesterday

idk, going down, you're in the right lane. going up you're 10" from falling to your death. and yes, i did drive up and down.

lol, fuckin massholes

wicked good

getting back to my original point though, am i wrong to say that new englanders tend to say 'as well' rather than 'also'?

wicked pissa

meh, plenty of roads have you inches from death. Hell, opposing traffic hurtling in the opposite direction at you and everyone around you is possibly more dangerous even if it doesn't look as scary.

But when you're on the brakes and they start not working and smoking and stinking and you're wondering how to not cause an accident and where the next pulloff is going to be and whether or not your brakes will ever recover that's put more uncontrollable factors into the fore of your mind.

As to your original point, listen carefully in case they say "melk" instead of "milk"

I've climbed Mt. Washington but I'd never put that fucking bumper sticker on my car.

>mfw i used to have manual transmission
lol

ikr, i got the bumper sticker. never went on my car

Why don't you now? It's so much more fun and practical outside of like maybe rock crawling or something like that.

Some asshole soccer mom put a stop sign where one is not needed, so I always throw it into the lowest gear possible in the middle of the night so I can come to the loudest, longest stop possible at that stupid stop sign.

And then it's WOT to redline and possibly some burnt rubber to get back on my way.

because i have a reliable care with a warranty. i know, it's sad.

now i can drive to mass whenever i want (rarely)

Are you saying my car isn't reliable? It's just about 20 years old, but probably won't last too much longer because it's always a tough decision between salting the earth in the winter and remembering the last time(s) you hit black ice.

yes, i am. buy a new car. lol.

>in other news

NH has Constitutional Carry!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No! In NE, you don't have to be a lesbian to drive your subaru until it rusts back into the earth, completing the cycle of life.

>constitutional carry
ayolp

subarus are good for about 100,000 miles in my experience

sry, i'm not cool enough to know whatt 'ayolp' means.

and ftr i climbed mt. washington in a subaru

What happens here?

moose sightings?

Bullshit. If you can't get it to 300k you've wasted potential or you have a blowy-uppy one. Currently at 220k. Replaced suspension and halfshafts a few years back to great effect.

ayolp is something like "a-yup" kind of like Hank Hill says "mmmmhmmmm"

whale sightings?
sansquatch sightings?

good on you. my old subaru started overheating at like 150,000. sold it for scrap. now i've got a '12 toyota
so far so good.

Pretty good run then, and a good decision except for that you make it sound like you traded down for an appliancebox.

Just remember to redeem yourself by getting a midlife crisis mobile before you get to midlife. With any luck America will have been Great Again to the point where you can buy a shiny modern one for toy purposes before long.

Delet this.
Car keys

lawl @ midlife. i plan to keep this appliancebox well into superold. i hate spending money. MAGA

stay in boston

could've been a blown head gasket, not the worst thing that could go wrong
Toyota is a good choice though
more of a Honda guy myself

I don't know man. I've been shopping around a bit thinking about the future and it looks like the used market is starting to accumulate a variety of cheap thrills at the price point of applianceboxes. Pick up an old miata or mustang pretty easy although that'd take some time and effort to sort out. I took a used BRZ for a spin a while back and it's a little lacking in the direct mechanical connection but it definitely rides an encouraging line between appliance and hektic on the cheap.

I-its just for college, I swear.

naming their children Jacobi or Bellichick

The Klan.
Annoying white girls on trips to their father's beach houses.
Christian compounds.

In Maine the woods are often referred to as "puckerbrush" or "willywacks" also older people call you "skipper" instead of sir or miss. However to hear things like this you need to be at least in Bangor or further north.

This isn't politics or news. Sage and hide it.

this would trigger my autism

Thanks mod for being kind and moving instead of deleting, warning, and banning.

Why can't New Englanders pronounce t's?

>twenny dollah bill
>poptars snahk
>moundin ( mountain )

also
>car keys

OP here ...my bred is ALIVE!!

Hrm, other names you get called if you move to NH..."flatlander"....

Which board was this on originally?

A political one. Great community for the question, but it does have a signal to noise ratio problem.

mfw a privileged whiteboi from New Hampshire calls suds "soda" near me

"Quarter of [time]"