The main reason BvS got hate

Majority of people who paid to go see this in the cinemas, mainly went to see Batman fight Superman. As dumb as it sounds: they were not expecting any rich mythological plot and dialogue by Lex. This is why the Marvel films do so well: because they promise its viewer lots of scenes of fun action, but Batman V Superman wasn't this. It was more of a political drama film with some action added in.

I think this movie was marketed wrong. Even by looking at this poster with the hashtag "Who Will Win".

I appreciate Snyder for trying to do something different but unfortunately: as it is with the American public - they are so used to the same formula.

This movie felt more like it was made for Europeans - for if you are familiar with European cinema: they take its time with drama, character dialogue and do not rush.

Marvel films, JJ Abrams films - all of these are basic "American cinema" with how fast each scene moves by as the directors make sure every 15 minutes has some action added in somewhere whilst Batman V Superman was very drama/political in the first hour whilst the second hour is when majority of the action happened.

This almost felt like 2 different movies: 1 political movie about Lex/Superman's conspiracy of what happened in Africa and then the more centered Batman movie.

There are other problems I have with this movie as the decision to introduce us to Jimmy Olsen and then have him killed straight away... WHY??

They better make a Man of Steel sequel set before the events of BvS with Olsen but then they can't because Olsen introduces himself to Lois right at start of BvS so that stuffs a lot up...
I fucking hate how the theatrical cut did not at all introduce us to Olsen and just had him as some random guy with a camera who gets killed. Also the idea of having Olsen killed anyway in the first minute in BvS when he is just introduced... WHY SNYDER?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mxV99PYX37c
youtube.com/watch?v=eX_iASz1Si8
theverge.com/2016/7/12/12157310/pewdiepie-youtubers-sponsored-videos-ftc-warner-bros
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

oops I repeated myself in the last paragraph because I was re writing this and forgot to delete that.

It should have been named simply Dawn of Justice

Watch the Ultimate Edition. It's perfect.

it really should have but it doesn't have as much of a draw for the general audience as a title like "batman v superman" does. {btw loved the UE. 9/10}

It has nothing to do with the marketing or the audience, the movie just isn't good.

The Ultimate Edition fixes some of the problems with character motivation, but makes the movie even more bloated than it already was. Universe building destroys pacing in these capeshit franchises

shills

It's not a bad movie if you shut off your brain. In any case, it's a hell of a lot better than Man of Steel.

One of my biggest complaints about TFA was how it simply went from scene to scene, never let you absorb in the settings and characters, it never tries to develop a truly fleshed out world.

It was literally edited for ADD kiddies.

BvS, especially the UC did not feel that way thankfully.

I agree with you, OP. Snyder films are always marketed wrong. When Watchmen was first released it was marketed as just another generic capeflick. It looked like there was absolutely nothing new about it. With Batman v Superman they kept hyping up the fight. The cringey as fuck line Batman says, "It's time you learned what it means to be a man..." made it sound like Batman was going to literally rape Superman.

I have no idea who ran the marketing for that movie but they fucking failed and the reviews are the proof.

This should have been 2 movies

>First movie: Lex/Superman focused with Lois investigating the bullet, the Lex party scene with Wonder Woman; Bruce experiencing nightmare terrors and getting the Flash vision. More Clark Kent focused as he undergoes more assignments assigned by Perry.

>Second movie: Bruce Wayne discovers the true identity of Wonder Woman, more Bruce Wayne/Alfred focused, Batman killing Lex's henchmen whilst more undercover work on Lex's Corp, the Batman and Superman fight along with the final act of Doomsday.

For me personally the Ultimate cut actually seems shorter, because the transitions between scenes are less abrupt.

>One of my biggest complaints about TFA was how it simply went from scene to scene, never let you absorb in the settings and characters, it never tries to develop a truly fleshed out world.
OP here: i entierely agree. I hate the pacing of TFA because it did not let you understand the characters as yes BvS did. I just think BvS should have been edited a bit more tighter; with the batmobile chase being moved forward instead of waiting like almost 50 minutes until we see him in the batmobile.

youtube.com/watch?v=mxV99PYX37c

what movie is this image from? think i saw it a while back but i forgot

Its because its extremely bloated. Horrendously edited. Poorly cast. Baldly acted. Lazily written. Painstakingly dull. Unbelievably boring. Unnecessarily broody. Terribly paced. And that is just the first hour, there is still two more hours left.

The shear number of pointless subplots are simply staggering. Plot holes? You mean mystery elements. The fact that someone read the script and decided it was worthy of spending over 250 million to bring it to the screen boggles my mind. This is what happens when you take five different scripts that have no sense of correlation. Did editing and streamlining the story not cross anyone's mind.

The production is big on making terrible decisions and this is clearly evident in the casting. Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luther is laughably bad giving his rejected Social Network performance as twitching Mark Zuckerberg. Gal Gadot is by far the biggest miscast. Most people complained when she cast due to her poor physicality and zero resemblance to Wonder Woman. Those points are fine, but the biggest drawback is that she's frankly not a good actress. She has the emotional range of a potato. Her big reveal in costume is complete with a 'cool' guitar rift like it's some Robert Rodriguez film. During action scene she is replaced by her cgi double which obviously looks bigger and muscular in comparison to Gal Gadot's actual physical appearance. I just couldn't help by have a good chuckle at that.

Exactly well said. Just watch this final trailer they released. It makes it look like a Mission Impossible/James Bond styled action flick:
youtube.com/watch?v=eX_iASz1Si8

The biggest misstep in the entire production is the appointment of Zack Snyder as director. It seem like he just walked of the set of making Watchmen and nobody seemed to tell him that he wasn't contracted to direct a lackluster patchwork Watchmen sequel. An opening scene that features Jeffrey Dean Morgan being killed with a slo-mo shot of a shell casing exiting a gun; the government against masked vigilantes, a powerful god-like superhuman figure; a man that dresses in a black costume and fights crime with gadgets coming out of retirement; the death of a famous hero; not one, but three funeral scenes. How is this not recycling elements of Watchmen.

Zack Snyder has the inability to direct scenes where no action takes place and he can't mask it with stylish cgi backgrounds like he did in 300. Simply put when there's no explosions it dull and boring. Simple character interactions prove to be a struggle for a director who still gets his philosophy for his movies from teenage web forums. Religious references that completely lack subtlety and elegance doesn't make you movie 'intellectual'.

Other grievances include: a scene and a plot point that revolves around urine; Lex Luther's so called evil plan; Knightmare; a hyped fight that just ends up being a normal fistfight; and actual teaser trailers for future movies in the franchise.

hunger games. he disguised himself as a rock with skills learned from decorating cakes

Why is it that watching the trailers makes the movie look a lot more entertaining than it is when you watch the full movie?

>Baldly acted
Fuck you man my gfs sleeping right beside me and I started laughing really hard and woke her up and now she wants to know what's so god damned funny and I can't explain why that made me laugh like a retard

>Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luther is laughably bad
Okay who would you have cast as Lex instead of Jesse? And do not say Cranston.

Honestly I would have gone with the actor from Chronicle. I loved his dramatic performance in that movie and his acting in Amazing Spiderman 2.

Go to bed, Dane

Nice report, C-

Marvel Shills

They hit it too hard with Spiderman. And along came Midget (Iron) Man.

Marvel is winning right now but Suicide Squad will turn the tables around.

How could you hate him?

Nice try dehaan

I used to think I was a film snob but after the hate this and Man of Steel got I'm happy to be a pleb.
They aren't perfect but either are the marvel flicks everyone sucks off.

Great points friend. Changed my views on the films. Here's your up votes.

I have my own theory on why "James Olsen" got shot.

In comic book lore, Jimmy is "Superman's pal," his biggest fan, but he's also something of a fan*boy*. I think by shooting "Jimmy," Snyder and his team were essentially telling fanboys they can kiss his ass.

Plus which, that might not have even been his real name.

>The general public is dumh
Old news

Three dubs in a row.
WHAT DOES IT MEAN?

This user speaks the truth

It means our Lord is with us.

mother fucker I will shit on a post and prod you with it till the cows come home

If dubs Batman V Superman is pure capekino ans all haters are massive faggots

I kinda feel like it was both of these. Although i liked the movie they definitely had a lot of shit to fit in. On a side note did WW theme song bother anyone else.

he was an undercover agent from the CIA
he probably took the identity of the real Jimmy just to pass some credibility

or who the fuck knows, maybe he is Snyder's fuck you to Silver Age and Donnerfags

>And do not say Cranston
Why not?

Well that's no good for you, buddy.

Hilarious that this is what Snyder h8rs consider to be a passable argument, a list of non specific criticisms that isn't supported by any details from the film.
Then you have tards like this guy who 'll easily eat up any post that seem intelligible even though it's a rambling list of complaints with no leg to stand on.

a d d

No I liked her theme song

That wasn't Jimmy Olsen.

He was CIA and said that he was just using Lois' (and in turn Jimmy's) credentials as cover.

Lois and the audience haven't met the real Jimmy yet.

How about making him a grown ass man instead.

>people said it's because of paid reviews
>WB has been confirmed to be paying reviews for positive ratings of their games
lmao
theverge.com/2016/7/12/12157310/pewdiepie-youtubers-sponsored-videos-ftc-warner-bros

>Baldly acted

It's rather easy, actually:

>Warner Bros wanted to achieve a very mercantilistic goal of starting another capeshit franchise for retards to watch. That was the end goal first and foremost, everything else was irrelevant, especially the artistic merit of movie itself.
>They put Snyder at the helm, not because they like his vision, but because they (rightfully) judged that the only way to have a chance at rivaling Marvel is to make something completely different, which Snyder did...
>But in the proccess of making his own thing he went too far and pretty much fucked up WB's goal to start a capeshit franchise because it alienated the targeted audience by being too different from their expectations

That's pretty much it. The problem is not the movie itself, but that it promised one thing and delivered another which is why it was understandably lambasted by almost everyone. If you make a movie with comedic premise and advertise it as a comedy movie, only for audiences to see comedy-horror mix with not that much comedy to begin with, they will judge movie on standard merits of how good or bad a comedy it was i.e. tearing it into shreds. Obviously there was no grand conspiracy here, just a rage of masses for not getting precisely what they wanted.

Is BvS a good movie if we take genre expectations out of equation? 6/10 for me (60% on RT) for theatrical version, 7/10 for Ultimate one. Visually great, uneven actor work, thematically interesting, but with a horrible script and poorly-written characters. Editing and pacing are bad, although Ultimate version fixes that. Overall: ambitious attempt, but mediocre execution

Is it a good BATMAN and SUPERMAN movie as in my expectations and wishes for such a movie? 4/10. And no, good movie would not be Marvel's copy like they are doing now with Justice League. Good Batman and Superman movie would be closer to DCAU version. Why they couldn't just hire Dini to do the job...

i just saw it after never seeing the theatrical release, so which scenes were removed originally? And why remove any scenes anyway? Wasnt TDKR like 3 hours?

No, it got hate because it was a disjointed mess. It wasn't deep. They misused apllegory atleast 3 times. Lex even got the basic story of Prometheus wrong.

The movie is so confused about it's own direction. None of the scenes flow into each other. Wonder woman was literally only there so he could find the fucking aquaman file. And how fucking laughable was that scene? Where she is clicking on aquaman and the flash. I laughed out loud it was so corny and forced.

They kept the corny forced just plain bad dialoge up until the end with the "forgot my checkbook" then foreshadowed to the next movie afleck can completely ruin.

It was a horrible movie and anyone saying otherwise is trying to look too deep at bad references and jarringly bad scene progression.

>muh misunderstood masterpiece

Pretentious neckbeards like this movie because it's banal, superficial symbolism makes them feel smart and superior to those who didn't 'get it.'

Only problem in the film is Jesse kike berg as Lex. Was really disappointed with how bad he was

honestly we should have a solo batman and sequel to man of steel instead of BvS

it was shit because of doomsday
it was shit because superman was hamfisted into fighting batman
it was shit because wonder woman had no point being in the movie

they showed aquaman and flash for no reason and didn't go anywhere with it

>Horrendously edited

the only actual flaw which costed WB millions and was fixed in the ultimate cut.

Who fucking cares

Shit movie is a shit movie, let it die.

>Also the idea of having Olsen killed anyway in the first minute in BvS when he is just introduced... WHY SNYDER?

Snyder said "We just did it as this little aside because we had been tracking where we thought the movies were gonna go, and we don’t have room for Jimmy Olsen in our big pantheon of characters, but we can have fun with him, right?"

tldr your movie sucks dick zach, fuck off