So I spotted this on Netflix. Is it any good? Is it better than Vikings?

So I spotted this on Netflix. Is it any good? Is it better than Vikings?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vCJUDdEirco
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

T-thanks for the response, guys.

Yes it is good. Has a little bit of a slow start for the first episode but gets great after. Better than vikings? Probably not, but it's not much worse.

It's pretty good I enjoyed it. The battle scenes seemed more realistic than most shows/movies, which may not be as exciting. The acting isn't amazing but it is pretty low budget and it's a reasonable story with some good action.
If you like that setting then definitely go for it but it's probably not for everyone.

It's an entertaining show. I would say it is better then vikings but I only watched the first few episodes of vikings when season 1 first started and it made me too cynical, so I don't know maybe it got better.

Why is it so hard to make a tv show about vikings and not make it cheesy as fuck ?

these guys got it, its enjoyable enough

a bit more campy and low budget than vikings but still a good watch, pretty sure theres another season on its way

vikings does get better, there are some great action scenes in vikings in later seasons and a lot of the stuff with the english fighting for power is really great

I like it way more than Vikings.

Better writing (based Bernard)
Better Characters

Motherfucking Alfred the Great. Uhtred is a H O T H E A D

Second series has started filming btw.

much better than vikings. Uhtred, while being the main character, is also one of the worst. Still good enough to keep you in, but Alfred, and most of the supporting characters are better.

Its pretty good ! Can't wait for the next season. In some ways its much better then vikings.

It took some time to get used to Ulfred though.

>no spears
>anglo-saxons use fucking square shields (???)
>not even close to representing actual warfare from the time.

this series triggers the fuck out of my history autism.

this makes me angry

The only thing I disliked about it is fast it goes. The first season covers something like 2 or 3 books so they had to cut a lot out.

it's alright. the main character is played by one of the most unlikeable actors i've ever seen, and it has one (1) good battle scene in the last episode.

i watched it for the history mainly.

How much le stronk womyn?
It made vikings unwatchable for me

Just one but she is pretty cool. Kind of like Ygritte but toned down

It's like Vikings but good. They rammed the first two books into the first season.

>saxons use square shields and don't know what a shield wall is
>everyone wears fur and leather
it's alright, the books are better though.

Yeah the historical inaccuracy is what bothered me.

>We have to spell out the difference between Vikings and Saxons with shield shapes.

youtube.com/watch?v=vCJUDdEirco

The story telling was pretty good though.

it's alright, worth watching. the battles in the last kingdom are more entertaining than the ones in viking

most of the stuff lindy is talking about is nit picky nonsense, the guy is a twat

What are you on about? At least they attempt to display shield wall battles regularly unlike Vikings.

Well the little things can be jarring and seem so easy to get right in the first place so its more annoying.

out of all the viking era shows and movies, the last kingdom is by far the most "accurate" i've ever watched. there is plenty of inaccuracies in it, but they can mostly be easily ignored

in comparison to vikings it's like a goddamn historical documentary

Uhtred is retard, but its otherwise good