Picked up an iPhone 5s off the side of the road a few months ago, afraid of turning it on in case it gets tracked

Picked up an iPhone 5s off the side of the road a few months ago, afraid of turning it on in case it gets tracked.

What's a relatively smart way to make a profit off this?

selling it is probably the best way to make a profit off of it. generally, if you have goods and someone else wants them, they will give you money for them.

go somewhere else
turn on
factory reset
sell on craigslist

also be sure to turn the phone cameras away from your face when it's on, so hold it sideways, or tape over the cameras with masking tape

Factory reset is easy and it won't even be on long enough to really be tracked. I have done it on a few phones that one friend kept """finding""" and never had an issue. You need iTunes on the PC and there is something funky where you plug it into the PC while holding the power button and it wipes it to factory new.

Wipe it and sell it to whoever.

Yeah sell it how? I don't want to scam anyone by giving them a locked phone. Willing to nerd it up

Wait so a factory reset will actually wipe the whole thing? I was under the impression that there's some iCloud shit that will fuck with the whole operation, total Apple noob here

Anybody that will buy a used iphone that you don't know the passcode for probably already knows how to reset it.

It wiped everything to brand new phone status. If anything, pop out the SIM card too. But it has been a couple years since I did it.

I'm

the phone is traceable without turning it on, youll have to remove the battery

>remove the battery
Kek. This will go well.

Which generation was this? Again I'm a complete Apple noob have no idea what crazy security shit they have with the 5s

Ikr..

Last one I wiped was a 5. I can't remember if the sim card was in it or not. There is a little sim card tray and you stick a paper clip on the hole on the side of the phone to pop it out.

I left the phone totally off until I was ready to restore it. Google it. Get iTunes on your computer and there is a certain order where you plug in the phone and open itunes and plug it in at the same time and it wipes it to factory new so there are no passcodes or info or itunes accts linked to it. It's really easy.

What about all that shit about being blacklisted from service providers if the phone is reported as stolen? Like I said don't want to rip anyone off besides the dumb rich cunt that dropped his phone

Never had an issue. Somebody will jailbreak it if something like that goes wrong.

And the whole "Find My iPhone" thing is linked to the iTunes acct anyway, so once you reset it there is no way for them to track it.

The other two phones are old ones. They are both kinda fucked up tho otherwise I would do the factory reset and turn them on and see if they even show up but I don't think they do.

If anything you can sit on the phone for like a week before resetting it so they won't even be trying to track it by then.

Thanks for the help, just want to make sure cause I'm a paranoid little bitch and all, but there's no way I can get into shit for resetting this and selling it right?

Yeah it's literally been several months by now. I tried to get it back to the guy but he was giving me shit so I finally said fuck him

Nah you will be fine. Only issue I could think of is the "Find My iPhone" shit, if they are actively looking for it then for those couple seconds you turn it on before it is wiped, it could possibly transmit the "last known location". If that is the case, bring your laptop to a Starbucks and wipe the phone there because they won't be able to track it after that. Otherwise if you really did just find it, you are straight. If you stole it, just say you found it and whoever stole it must have dropped it.

Seriously tho, when the 5 and 5s came out with the tracking, one of my friends kept """finding""" them and I reset a bunch and never had a problem.

why dont you look for nudes first

1. Wrap phone in foil so it cannot connect or get signal.
2. Factory reset
3. Profit.

remove sim card, look for nudes

Churs, I'll pop on by our local McDonalds cause New Zealand doesn't like their Starbucks. Thanks for the help for real I wasn't sure what to do with this you have a good one

holy shit, no "give it back [typical nigger name]" comments?

give it back jamal

barrack that is not your phone give it back

Did it have an Oakland Raiders case on it?

give it back T-rone

op are you seriously goin to erase it before looking for nudes

I approached it like a gentleman, there's no need for racial comments in this thread my good sheep-fucker-man.

or you could have been a decent person and tried to return it to it's owner, you fucking human filth

>take cardboard box
>line with aluminium foil
>get inside box
>acquire nudes
>post here

T. Jew

just put it in a shielded bag and do whatever you want with it tyrone

>sheep-fucker-man
nah that's new zealand's thing

QUADS

Considering walmart sells unlocked 5s for $150 out the door, how do u envision coming up with that device?

>Walmart
>New Zealand
>Get fukd ya kunt

Shit, that's a good idea.

I found it interesting that my old phones (last one has been turned off for maybe 3mos) don't even show the last location. That "Find My iPhone" shit is kinda helpful but at the same time it is really easy for anybody not totally retarded to get around it.

>says the jew

ok retard