Hey b whats your opinion on smoking cigarettes

hey b whats your opinion on smoking cigarettes

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vkzhluraSY0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

pretty degenerate thing to do

It's like sucking on the death stick of death to die a horrible death until you're dead.

it lets you stand alone outside in weird places without looking like some kind of autistic creep.

it also relaxes you while helping you focus at the same time.

though it tastes disgusting and can fuck with your physical health.

a pack per month will allow for the occasional cig enjoyment without major health consequences.

My actual fetish on hot/teen/alt girls.

I need to stop. Fucking waste of money.

youtube.com/watch?v=vkzhluraSY0

the sexiest thing ever on a woman

Such a shitty addiction. It isn't even fun. Just do heroin instead.

Sucks. Did it since 12. Quit at 36.

fucking useless,
doesn't even have any good points

Do it if you want. Your money. Your health. Your life. If it helps you relax and you don't mind the physical effects go for it.

eventhough the addiction part sucks,it looks cool and is very aesthetic

Smoking cigarettes is like having a home phone and waiting till you get home to make a call. There is better technology now, stop being an idiot.

do the people who say smoking cigarettes sucks actually smoke or do they just guess

>it lets you stand alone outside in weird places without looking like some kind of autistic creep.

Pretty much

Smokers are pathetic drug addicts. Being dependent on pacifiers is fucking ridiculous.
Sucking drugs out of a little white paper cock is such a sad and stupid waste of time.

They see spooky anti smoking ads and get scared

No, we are people who have been smoking for 10+ years and realize what a waste of money and inconvenience it is. Man does it suck not being able to do anything for more than an hour or two without needing a cig.

No we see pathetically addicted assholes and get scared.

Quit then fag

I think all smokers should be killed to end this counterproductive habit we humans have.

>end this counterproductive habit
>browses Sup Forums
is u serious

They're amazing when you first start. Makes you feel so calm and relaxed. Helps you focus on tasks.

THEN it becomes a chore to smoke. You lose the nice feelings and instead you smoke to just feel normal. If you don't smoke for a while, you feel like shit. You NEED to have a smoke.

It's also terrible for your skin and your lungs. After a while of smoking, your lung capacity goes way down after a while, and you'll find yourself breathing hard after walking up a single flight of stairs. Oxygen doesn't come as easily. Your skin will wrinkle prematurely, your teeth will yellow, your tongue gets the nasty discoloration, and your breath will not be great.

It's better to just not pick it up at all. I smoked for 8 years, quit last year. I feel much better.

Pros: relaxes you, looks cool, is pretty hot on girls.

Cons: might get lung cancer

I smoked for 20 years and quit 2 months ago, so yeah, its duscusting nown. Had to stop after my niece kept telling me how bad i smell. From the mouths of babes, the truth hurts.

No doubt, they can be satisfying.
Non-smokers will be grossed out, tho.
Sooner or later, as the health effects catch up to you (and yes, they definitely will- it's simple biology), and you realize you're no longer young, you WILL want to quit. The longer you've smoked, the harder it is to quit. Some people simply cannot stop
I'm an old cancerfag. I won't deny anyone whatever it is they want to do with their own body.

But I'll categorically declare that there's no one in their forties or older who has a smoking habit and who doesn't wish they had never started. Seriously.

Very reasonable opinion

What homosexual smokes fags.

Like what the fuck are you thinking when you first smoke a cig? Like you know you fucked up when you start.

Mah niggah.

>But I'll categorically declare that there's no one in their forties or older who has a smoking habit and who doesn't wish they had never started. Seriously.

Yep, that's it.

Also don't think you can just pick up smoking socially or assume you have enough will power to stop once you get started. People have an amazing capacity to block out future consequences when running after short-term gains.

it's bad.

I finally quit Dec. 2015 after smoking for over 30 years. It killed my grandfather, my mother and my girlfriend's aunt.

I know I've done irreversible damage to myself and I haven't smoked in over a year now, and I still really miss it. I often dream that I still smoke.

If you don't smoke, don't start.

I've been smoking a pack a month for years... I'm yet to get properly addicted.

You don't have to smoke daily to be addicted. Try not smoking for 30 days. I bet you can't.

That you'd have to be a witless overly gay cunt to not make your own.

There's always exceptions, glad that you're able to regulate your smoking. That doesn't really apply to the vast majority of people however.

I have before not quite 30 days but I've quit for a couple weeks maybe 3-4 times

keep it up. I smoked for at least that long- I quit about ten years ago. You eventually get to the point where you don't want one, and can't even believe you ever did. The dreams will stop.

>THEN it becomes a chore to smoke. You lose the nice feelings and instead you smoke to just feel normal. If you don't smoke for a while, you feel like shit.

this.

When you're addicted, the only cig you actually enjoy is the first one of the day. Afterward, this user nailed it,

Listen you little autistic creeps: You are going to fucking die of something. Smoking or not smoking makes no difference. You're not going to die peacefully on your bed, surrounded by your loving family and your loyal dog, Jimmy. You're going to be gasping for breath, screaming in pain and die horribly.

So what is my point? Fucking smoke if you want. Fuck loose women if you want. Drink if you want. We all fucking die. You Snowflakes have been conned by your hippie parents into thinking that you can live forever - you can't, buttercup. You also aren't going to be running marathons at 80 years old like that shit the commercials try to make you believe. You'll be sitting on your couch, hoping that the next fart isn't like the last one where you shat yourself and had to take a mid-day shower.

Life is great when you are young, and it positively sucks moose cock when you're old - so if you die at 58 from smoking a cigarette, then fuckin'-A you just bypassed a shit-ton of misery from then until your ultimate demise.

Smoke 'em if you got 'em.

So I've been struggling hard to quit. Been smoking nearly 10 years now, albeit, there were months where I stopped. But now I can hardly do anything without thinking of drinking and smoking to get by

kek

no I know, I just never really let it become a thing were whenever I get the urge... I smoke, I more worked it into my routine.

a combination of both, there are sometimes when i've wanted to try smoking just to be able to be alone outside, it's a great excuse for some inconvinient times.
but yeah if you smoke go ahead do what you want, i won't think less of smokers unless their addiction is clear.
i'm peronally not a fan of the idea of smoking, never smoked don't think i'll ever will, i'm more scared of being addicted than curious about it, plus my family has huge genetic health risks, don't want the possibility of increasing lung cancer

You'll find most people who tell you not to smoke will tell you it's enjoyable to do, but is bad for your health.

The people who don't smoke probably will just remark on it's smell.

they're everywhere man

Filthy habit.

Kys, before cancer does.

Harsh... Yet accurate

Do what you want. Seriously fuck everyone that tells you how to live your life

Dude I totally agree with you here. But the problem is, when you;re older, the damage done from years of smoking limits the degree to which you can enjoy your older years. You can't fuck as good, you can't do the physical things you want to do, and, not that it matters, but your skin looks like shit.

i use to smoke occasionally, the same thing with drinking alcohol. BUT!! smoking is killing me and i'm addicted af, i can't live without a cigarette, i'm doomed... but alcohol is pretty cool, right? let's take some beers.

i really don't get the difference. i just enjoy do both things sometimes. the problem is when you abuse, being a chainsmoker or a barney gumble

>tfw can't get addicted to cigarettes

I've been social-smoking for 2 years now, and I've never gotten that craving for a cigarette. I've always smoked when I wanted to out of pleasure, not when I needed one.

It actually sucks because I want to kill myself and cigarettes would be a pretty nice way to go.

>You are going to fucking die of something. Smoking or not smoking makes no difference.
This is such a stupid line of reasoning. This is why people don't save for retirement or attempt to live healthily when they're young.

Don't listen to this person OP. It's shortsighted and amazingly idiotic.

They speak the truth

it's cool do it

A couple of cigs are fucking great while binge drinking and snorting cocaine

Again, more idiots.
>Seriously fuck everyone that tells you how to live your life
>Don't listen to anyone's advice even if they have valuable experiences that could help you avoid adverse consequences.

colossal waste of money

Insert them analy for maximum pleasure

No, I've just lived a long enough life to see my buddies who ate veggie, and worked out, and saved for their retirement go "poof" one day for no reason at all. 4 of my pals went out like that - granted, 2 were accidents, but shit.

So, my philosophy has always been "live" and when I see faggots going on and on about "being healthy" and shit, I just smh... You're going to fucking die, Sup Forumsro. I'm not saying you shouldn't save your money for retirement - just saying if you honestly WANT to live to 90, you should go someplace and actually SEE some 90 year olds - you'll probably re-think that goal.

Major kek, because IDGAF...

"I disagree with this persons out look on life... I know I'll call then an idiot online" grow up fagget

People never get over ignorance. Its a choice.

Except when they demand extra breaks at work to smoke, want to blow second hand smoke in public places, and have their kids trapped in the car while they puff away. And let's not forget the increase in Healthcare costs because of it

This is how you smoke

You missed the entire point of that didn't you?

Everyone alive in EU and USA over the age of 50 was subjected to more 2nd Hand Smoke than you can imagine - yet Life Expectancy keeps going up - meaning the whole 2nd hand smoke thing is just bullshit. Utter bullshit.

If you're afraid of 2nd hand smoke, don't go camping, fagget.

You know people can be wrong about things right? What if your outlook on life was that drinking bleach was healthy? The philosophy of following any urge you get without a second thought because you'll die eventually is stupid. If I saw you walking towards a pitfall and you didn't see it, I'd try to warn you about it.

I don't know in what kind of shit country you life but where I am from, there is a shit ton of taxes on tobacco because of this. Also, smokers pay a good bit more for insurance

>this is how you smoke
if you are poor

Never knew anyone could miss the point as bad as this one has

Did you even try? In some countries it´s more expensive than a pack of cics

It's not "missing" the point at all. It's making the point that 2nd hand smoke is NOT giving people cancer - anymore than the Diesel Truck out front is (actually, that's more likely the culprit).

don't quit your day job

Nope. Smoking affects people around you. Fact
That's because our technology can keep people alive. If it weren't for smoke, our life would be even longer. Faggot
Only those with private insurace pay more, and the company still has to come up with the inevitable shortfall. Cancer and emphysema cost more than a ffew hundred a month. And taxes do nothing to stop smoking

Cigarettes taste like an old boot and smell like a burning tire dump. Have you thought about trying a pipe? I've been smoking pipes for more than 20 years now, and they're wonderful. Unlike cigarettes you tend not to get addicted, since pipes are not convenient. You can't just nip out for a quick smoke; it takes anywhere from 30 minutes to two hours to smoke a bowl. And you can't just repack and relight when you're done, since pipes have to be left to rest between smokes or you risk destroying them.

And good pipe tobacco is wonderful. You don't inhale pipe smoke, you hold it in your mouth for the flavour and absorb the nicotine through your bucal membranes. The master tobacconists who make pipe tobacco use many of the same techniques vintners used for specific flavour profiles.

Oh, ok. Thanks Dad.

Literally every reliable scientific study disagrees with you. Do you think doctors say it's bad just to talk?

lol its shooped for some reason. shitty roll?

To sum it up OP.

For Smoking
>Relaxing at first
>Helps you focus
>Excellent stress reliever (at first)

Against
>Becomes habit then addiction (have to smoke to feel normal)
>Cancer
>Money cost (Increased price of healthcare and price of the cigarettes themselves)
>Reduced lung capacity
>Bad smell (to some others)

There is a lot of carefully controlled scientific evidence that it IS harmful. This user cites purely anecdotal evidence that it isn't harmful. Correlation =/= causation. I call bullshit.

Nor do I give a fuck what you think.

Horseshit. Utter Horseshit. "we'd live longer if not for xyz" is a fallacious argument used by faggots to try and control people's behavior.

"If only people didn't smoke" - "If only people didn't drink Pepsi" - "If only people didn't consume Trans-Fats"

What the fuck ever, Sup Forumsrah. Stay outta my fucking life-choices. If I want to eat Twinkies while chugging a Big Gulp and smoking a pack of Kool's then fuck you, it's my choice.

I don't begrudge anyone their choices in life, because their life is not MY life. I let people do what they want - only a Ninny wants to control people's habits, and makes up bogus claims of contributory harm or societal cost to justify their ninny ways.

i've never tried a cigarette i kinda like the way it looks,by now i have only smoked hookah and tried a friend's e-cigarette(which is awful i hate electronic cigarettes).I want to try a cigarette but im afraid i might like it and be addicted what are your thoughts

Waste of money, usually done by idiots, smells shit.

I like the taste of a good cigar, but I don't like still tasting it 3 days later.

You're so angsty.

No one is going to force OP or anyone else for that matter to not smoke. No one is forcing you not to eat twinkies or drink pepsi.

You would agree that eating a strict diet of pepsi and twinkies is not healthy though, right?

Oh, I don't doubt that Smoking will kill you - but so will Not Smoking. So will Eating Veggie. My point is that you fucking die, period. Maybe you die at 75 if you smoke, whereas if you didn't you'd live to 80. Whoop-de-doo, I get 5 extra years of not being able to fuck 20 year olds because I'm fucking ancient. Thanks Sup Forumsrah!

I'd rather smoke and fuck and drink, and eat Pork Sandwiches with Mayo and die at 70 than die on a Treadmill at 52 because I'm "trying to be healthy"...

Sheeuuut.

Smoked for a few years. It's pretty shit. I enjoy being able to be physically active without dying or needing a cigarette every 20mins now.

Nothing hardcore about being a slave to a poison.

I'm just reacting to the current ant-smoking mood around the western world.

TBH, I don't know if eating Twinkies and drinking Pepsi will kill you. I had a great aunt who did both and lived to be 93. Go figure...

My point is that since you don't know, you can assume that some things are bad/good for you and either avoid or do them as you please - but if you are doing so because "society" tells you that's what you should do in lieu of something pleasurable, then you're depriving yourself to no good cause, because you will eventually die anyway.

It's more a quality-of-life thing. Again, you want 10 extra years in the Old Folks Home with the doddering Alzheimers lady, or would you rather smoke, drink, and burn-out sooner?

>I'd rather smoke and fuck and drink, and eat Pork Sandwiches with Mayo and die at 70 than die on a Treadmill at 52 because I'm "trying to be healthy"...
I mean a pork sandwich with mayo sounds delicious, but I don't know how that 52 year old died in this hypothetical situation.

Or if you like the taste of tobacco rather than chemicals

well, stop thinking about it. Just quit if you really want to.
I did it too after 6 years. Its so easy

> but if you are doing so because "society" tells you that's what you should do in lieu of something pleasurable, then you're depriving yourself to no good cause
I would definitely agree with you if that was the case. If society said that taking a walk in the park near my house was terrible for you, but there wasn't any evidence to suggest it was terrible, then screw society.

The problem comes when there is a great deal of evidence to suggest that smoking/eating junk food can cause more immediate harm than I think you realize.

>TBH, I don't know if eating Twinkies and drinking Pepsi will kill you. I had a great aunt who did both and lived to be 93. Go figure...
There are always outliers on a scatterplot and exceptions to the rule. My grandpa smoked for 35 years and is still living today with an overall clean bill of health. My uncle, two aunts, and a great uncle have all died early because of lung/esophageal cancer. They were heavy smokers.

>using a filter

fucking pussy

/thread

This is just a pic from the net.
I prefer "Van Nelle" or "Pepe"

I smoked for 15 years and fucking loved it
Gave it up when son was born
Probably start again when I'm old

PFO. He didn't know he had one until his wife told him he "needed to get in shape" lol. True story. Was a good guy - a bit overweight - but enjoyed his life up until he listened to the old lady. FWIW, he could have died running after the dog, or fucking the old lady on New Years too, but shit...

nah don't really, I started smoking a year ago, not really hooked at all, i can stay days without smoking and without feeling anything. You can try just 1 cigarette to discover what it feels, nothing special just u may feel a little dizzy

>it also relaxes you
technically it doesnt. just like coffee, it only "relaxes" you because you need your fix. but youre never on par to a non-addict until youve got your fix

Yeowch. That's awful.

I know this is late, but again you missed the point.. Are you autistic?