What haven't terrorists tryed to blow up a nuclear plant ecer?

What haven't terrorists tryed to blow up a nuclear plant ecer?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hWToW9ZNOpo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because of all the bullets that will kill them before they get into the parking lot.

All american nuclear plants are built in a way they could resist to a direct plane crash.

Good luck abdel

As a nuclear plant welder I can promise you they would be very surprised by how out gunned they would be. There are belt fed .243s in them there walls

What don't they build scyscrapers that way?

Because most terrorist are actually dumb as fuck, 9/11 was an exception, most attack are just monkey grade operations.

Bruh.
Dont tell anyone we on Sup Forums or we get ffd

Hahaha I'm in L7 reading these... perfect

I have better: What don't they build planes that way?

Defense in depth equals:
>mote is deep
>water is cold
>alligators are big and hungry

>terrorist
>9/11
kek

>what is Chernobyl
'
How do you manage to breathe?

Lol, you can't EVEN blow one up.

Not the way ur probably thinking, anyway...

Nuclear plants are 100% incapable of being mushroomed.

Fuel-grade Uranium is VERY low refined. Like ~3-5%.

I know this stuff, because I'm sick of fucking Liberals and Environmentalists saying Nuclear is dirty and should be shut down.
No, we need more Nuclear and less Fossil Fuels.

Dumb shits.

Also, Fission byproducts can be used to irradiate water to create Fusion fuels b/c the neutrons get absorbed and make the regular water to Heavy Water.

>Chernobyl
>Fukashima

>STEAM Explosion
>Radiation leaks and stuff
Also, Fukushima wasn't as bad as Chernobyl.

Although, they could go in and take the radioactive dust and stuff, and use that to help make heavy water for fusion research.

I'd love to see that Elephant's Foot in a tank one day, producing more Tritium than we know what to do with. Fueling Fusion reactors for years, maybe even getting us to Cold Fusion.

IDK why they don't try.

Foil is on sale at home depot at the moment, FYI.

this post is pretty much correct

these are what happens when something fucks up. and it the radiation what is biggest problem not the explosion. the explosion is when shit goes critical and shit can't be fixed.

How fucked would people be if the terrorist attack all major power stations in the us at once and knocked the whole grid down

samefag

yes i am the person that posted that?

>fucking Liberals and Environmentalists saying Nuclear is dirty and should be shut down.

No, that was due to Russian lazyness and poor design, along with being more concerned with covering up the disaster, and not fixing it. It wasn't terrorists.

pretty sure Bruce Wills would save us like in Live Free or Die Hard

your not allowed to post more then once?

Very high security plus many fail safes to prevent meltdown.

The reactors themselves are in giant concrete containment structures designed to withstand blasts, so an external attack like a truck bomb wouldn't be effective.

1) Heavily fortified to resist outside damage. 2) damage would never cause a nuclear explosion like you would imagine, reactors are pretty stable and simply shut off or melt into the ground.

I think everyone is pretty much certain that would be the end of society here and over much of the rest of the world.

However, it'd be next to impossible, AND 96% of terrorists are stupid as hell.

But either way, plants are way better guarded than that.
Don't be fucking stupid, user

Easier said than done. They're guarded pretty heavily.

>your

Well, that would basically be impossible, so not at all.

Good one

Nuke plants cannot by themselves blow up but they can melt down

Gay frogs

and the chernobyl plant continued to run for somthing like 15 more years after the meltdown

This
They would need to go under cover agent 47 style and put extra uranium in or some shit (more complicated and most likely not uranium but you get the idea, also 47 would not do that)

How the fuck can you comment on his intelligence when you yourself think Chernobyl was a terrorist attack. How the fuck do you manage to breathe?

haha you got me.
terrorist need to watch more movies

>What haven't terrorists tryed to blow up a nuclear plant?

Why haven't "terrorists" killed any bankers or Jews or executives?

it would take a lot of knowledge and inside information to actually be able to effectively do anything of the magnitude that you're imagining

this isn't possible when you're a mental retard who is too in to cave age quotes about akbar than science

/thread

>Also, Fukushima wasn't as bad as Chernobyl.

Do you realize that Fukushima is still spewing out radiation every day and night, and that the nippers @ TEPCO have zero clue what to do about it? They can't locate the fucking cores. They're pouring seawater over it all to keep it cool, and that seawater drains back into the Pacific. There's been talk of moving the capital to Osaka since TOKYO WILL BE CONTAMINATED FOR THE NEXT FIVE HUNDRED YEARS. This will not be good for real estate values.

Not as bad as Chernobyl? Are you insane or just stupid?

I have best: why no build air like dat

We need a terrorist group to kill all the Jews.

Wut

chernobyl is still spewing out radiation as well.. 30 years later....

the same reason ISIS never bothers israel. The CIA and (((mossad))) control the terrorists.

fukisma fallout 60 kms away, chernobyl... 500 kms. cherynobyl put out 5 times more fallout into the air

fukishima to take 30-40 years to clean up, cherynobyl uncleanable

its kinda sad that we don't have a solution to our energy need other than risk nuclear melt down and spewing radiation. or burning oil coal and gas that spewing co2 into the air.

id live just about the same as i do now really... would have to walk to the woods to go hunting instead of taking the quad...

we do, its solar, tidal, and wind power combined... but the power companies would have to buy less coal and gas... the government cant allow that

Because CIA doesnt has interest in destroying own country

False

the power would be down in areas for weeks they'll have to turn it back on to find the areas that were affected and no one would know what happen because there no media and little communication. generators will be sold out everywhere in days and then the fuel will sky rocket in price because people would buy large amounts and petrol station wont know if they are getting more fuel.

You know 9/11 documents were releases and its now official that it was an inside job?

Fukishima is right next to the ocean, pouring radiation into the earth with water constantly...it will be worse than chernobyl especially after another tsunami and all that radiation is getting lost in the ocean, that will never be cleaned.

/thread

Because They're pussies

I actually gave you the benefit of the doubt, user, and I cannot confirm most of what you said.

This is a list of things I was able to confirm:
-

Things that seem probable, but were also unconfirmable:
-It is still spewing out radiation

Things I cannot confirm, and there is no news of:
-Tokyo being contaminated for 500 years
-Moving the capital back to Osaka

Things I was able to confirm as FALSE:
-They don't know where the cores are
(They have pretty much determined them to be in in the containment systems)

>Not as bad as Chernobyl? Are you insane or just stupid?
It produced less than 1/3 the Iodine contamination of Chernobyl.
And only few, if any, cancers are expected to develop as a result, whereas people in Chernobyl were receiving lethal doses of radiation within 40 seconds

Please source me something about what you said. I can't find any recent news on it (within a few months), and Wikipedia doesn't list anything regardign what you said either

nice bait

A fellow nuke worker?

Nuke ICE Tech here

The easiest way would be enormous sunlight power plant in deserts near cost which produce hydrogen and pipeline it to whole world. Its just capitalism which blocks it

coast*

Current methods of renewables have been proven to be small scale and inefficient. They're progressing though. Newer technology will be allow for larger outputs in the future. Right now, to maintain the current grids and baseload, nukes, coal, gas, and oil to a lesser extent are much more efficient and cost effective. It's changing though.

youtube.com/watch?v=hWToW9ZNOpo

Ever check out Ivanpah?

Actually, not false. Not entirely.

Chernobyl is already getting ready to have a NEW sarcophagus put on it, because it will need to basically be buried for a few thousand years. The current one is falling apart, and if it collapses, there will be a huge cloud of radioactive dust that will get over the whole planet.

We do. It's called CANDU Heavy Water reactors.
And Thorium Liquid Salt reactors.

>Solar.
Ok, I can accept this. But, we need satellites concentrating it to make it powerful enough to meet the demands we have. Which is FUCKING expensive.
The BEST solar panels are only SLIGHTLY more efficient than nuclear
>Tidal
Wh- ph... phphphphphp!!!!
AAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA!!!!
Oh, fuck, wait... you were SERIOUS?!
AAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAHAHA FUCKING KEK! LMAO HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
Please, at least TRY not to be mentally retarded.
>Wind
Well, it's not as incomprehensibly retarded as the last one, but damn, son, you are fucking stupid as shit.

Also, the only one of these that can be used when we leave this planet is solar.
So, it's pretty much pointless.
We NEED nuclear power.
At least Fission, preferably Fusion though, and hopefully Antimatter

i dont think you know how radiation works...

the govt here is working on tidal power in the bay of fundy, supposed to be a shit ton of powers available...

India has been pushing massive renewable energy they have huge solar plant and are pushing for hydroelectric dams. China is now investing billions into renewable energy. the amount of cost of fosil fuel is going way to high, people can't afford it

they do.

They don't care about destroying targets like this. They almost always go after low-hanging fruit to send a message, rather than damage critical infrastructure that's well-protected because it's too hard to get in and actually destroy these kinds of targets.

Is that why India and China continue to finance and build new coal-fired generation? One major coal company in the US exports up to 80% of its product overseas to those markets.

That tinfoil hat is slipping there, buddy. Tell me, why would the US and mossad control the terrorists? Just to upset the middle east? To what end?

Simplest answer:
Hard targets vs. soft targets.
Nuclear power plant is more hardened than a military installation
If the purpose of terrorism is to spread fear, then shoot up an office bldg/ airport, plow a truck through a crowd, etc.

thorium reactors to me seem like a bunch of hippy that say that it possible but don't actually have a working prototype i could be wrong.

Like you said solar its expensive its like $0.50-$1 per watt and other resources its like $0.08-0.50 cents per kw. but in the long term solar pays it self off but that like 3 year of sun light could take decades to pay it self off. and then no power at night meaning you have to store that power. a normal size home needs like 1-2kw/h that around 12-20kw battery needed for night.

These are liberal lies.
The only way the renewable shit looks good on paper is bc the govn't subsidises it with massive wastes of our tax dollars. Fossil fules like coal and oil are not going anywhere in our lifetimes. They'll improve efficiency but coal and oil powers something like 70% of our total energy needs.

According to some articles i read recently online solar is apparently taking over coal in terms of affordability and efficiency.

tidal is a thing here, the bay of fundy supplies power already, tidal is actually more feasible here then solar is

also thats why i said a combination... and im not anti nuclear, nuclear is the answer but people are too beta to approve it

I've looked at going off the grid or semi off the grid. and its possible where i live. Having like fridges freezers and hot water and other devices that run 24/7 on a solar set up its most effective thing to do. and have like kettles oven and other brown energy users on the grid

how much does tidal actually provide?

like, in terms of kWh/mo?

Solar is a investment. it becoming more affordability but if you spend $10,000-20,000 now. you could be spending $2,000-10,000 5 to 10 years down the track for a similar system. Battery are only rated for 500-2000 recharge cycles

Coal is down from what it was. About 10 years ago (when I started in the industry), it was close to 70% (I think 68% IIRC). Now it's around 50-55% with NatGas up to around 30-35% with renewables and alternatives taking up the rest.

As far as affordability, you don't actually pay much for generation, the costs come from T&D. Generation prices are set by how the companies bid into the market each year. Not to mention line loss (that makes up a decent portion of what the personal consumer pays. Not sure about the efficiency argument. If it comes down to an energy production standpoint, solar is pretty low on the scale unless it's a large facility, but even then you're looking at nameplates somewhere around 300MW (if they're lucky enough to maintain it). A single coal fired unit can produce up to 1300MW, nuclear is even more than that.

Huh. Never knew it was water vapor. Really makes you think

the power company claims an average of 2MW per turbine.
hard to find much more info, my area are running off hydropower for decades now

I thought tidal was pretty high in terms of production??

there is room for 1000s of turbines if needed.

What did you think it was...?

they are only small turbines, more of tester units because people are scared of killing fish

Yeahr but the Problem is the transportation of energy over long distances, imagine 20% of desert Gobi would be powerplant and we would globally usw Hydrogen instead of oil. No co2 emissions and no energy problems

It sounds like no matter which way people go in as far as generation, some large group will be angry.

>mfw solar concentration stations kill 1,000,000,000,000,000 birds

The gov does not want to blow up a nuke plant did you see Japan shit melts bro that craps all over the ocean air west coast ya they could take it out but itr better to take down some buildings

The also put thc in the vapor to get cunts high.

and that is why the terrorist don't bomb nuclear power plants

They do bro. Don't be fooled

Now you're talking about an international interconnected grid. Good luck with those political ramifications.

you say that as an overstatement joke but you obviously know the NSA looks through peoples phones.

Fucking america at best.

Because the point of isis' kind of terrorism is not to kill the west by literally killing them but by killing it by turning it against each other and away from them. Blowing up a nuclear power station would get every single western nation to send in their armies.
Think before you make a thread

The same tinfoil u said at 9/11 which was proven right. So you telling me US invades Iraq which has airforce, intelligence Service, satellites and military infrastructure in months but fights over years against a bunch of terrorists? You are full retard if you think that. Tell me why russia destroyed in month 90% of IS infrastructures and US fights years against them and they growing

still less then a coal plant

>coal kills 970,000,000,000,000,000,072.6 birds a year... and most of those are the big ones

thats actually a great idea but they wouldn't be smart enough to do such a thing.
And you wouldn't be fucked, just lose power and hot water for a few days until they get the temp power up.

If anything a power shut down and a mass shooting at the same time would cause a lot of chaos, but too big of a large scale job.