Films that were ruined because the first time you saw them was to study them at school

>films that were ruined because the first time you saw them was to study them at school

Why would they make you watch Gattaca at school?

Because the obvious symbolism is easy to break down and write essays about.

we studied books in my school

you are lucky, the only films we got to watch at school were holocaust ones.

I didn't go 2 scool, I went 2 films

To Kill A Mockingbird

Shit film regardless

ok grampa

I never had this happen. In fact I discovered a movie I ended up liking because of school. We watched Stand and Deliver in math class at least twice and most of us ended up enjoying Olmos' portrayal of Mr. Escalante.

Baz's romeo and juliet

Not ruined, loved it, best version of the play on film for my money

On a similar note, we watched the start of this in school and I thought it was boring as shit, must have been 3deep5me. Maybe I should rewatch it

Hellboy 2 was ruined for me because I watched while locked up in a juvenile detention center.

You guys wanna hear about a time I acted like the Joker?

>go to school
>English class
>I wonder what interesting books we are going to read and study
>teacher rolls in a tv
>"today we are going to watch Of Mice and Men and afterwards we will discuss it"

>tfw some wanker wrote on the first page of my "Of Mice and Men" book that Lennie dies at the end

I remember we got to watch Frankenstein (the one with deniro) after we read the book
It was actually really good but we never got to see it all, I should download it or something.

none because watching ANYTHING on tv at school was better than usual school shit

That one A Knight's Tale, the one full of anachronisms

It was fucking amazing

prepare for disappointment

Had to watch that, too. Everyone laughed at the scene where Juliet cries when Romeo dies.

First day in french class we got to watch this and it was brilliant. Took up 3 lessons and the whole class genuinely loved it.

Thank you based Madame Powell, your big thick booty will stay in my thoughts forever.

gattaca is based on the jewish fantasy that genetics don't matter

Exactly this, I hate Gattaca now.

We also watched this in french class, I remember it being another good one although I can't recall the story too well. Something about deep sea divers competing with eachother.

Run Lola Run.

>Loved it the first time
>watched it 6 more times
>now sick of it

>have class for one year called 'media studies'
>'we'll be discussing film, tv and radio for this class, as well as writing the school yearbook'
>Watch the start of 12 Angry Men
>Watch a couple of episodes of Only Fools & Horses
>Listen to some old man talk about going to an Elvis concert
>Spend rest of year writing yearbook.

Nothing was ruined for me because we didn't watch anything

>genetics don't matter
>jewish fantasy

You sure seems to know quite a lot about how Jews considers genetics, Goy.

Let's be honest lads, when the teacher wheeled that TV in, we were happy to watch any old shit.

BUD/S

My class studied the Shawshank Redemption and I grew to appreciate it even more after 3 or so viewings.

Watched that in class too, it was pretty terrible but based Brannagh made up for it as usual

This desu, we got to watch Starship Troopers in middle school, everyone was ok with it.

I had a class called "media studies" too but it was more about mass media and its influence on the common man. Like with the failed Venezuelan coup and whatnot.
Pretty cool class desu.

First day in japanese class we got to watch this and it was brilliant. Took up 3 lessons and the whole class genuinely loved it.

Thank you based Madame Takashi.

Our geography teacher made us watch some strange shit
>Lotr beginning when they're in the shire so we could take notes on the landscape
>total recall on mars when the atmosphere is created, obviously everyone pissed themselves laughing at arnie going apeshit

God what a shitty movie.

Watched Spartacus and Blackadder (lol) in history class

lazy teacher ruined the greatest piece of media ever made

I think it was in english class, teacher turned it off because the whole class kept laughing.

>get shown titanic
>gets to that scene where the guy bounces off the propeller
>teachers starts laughing hysterically
fucking hell

nah this was cash, we did it in the same unit as tkam lol. the scene in the barber shop where he carves that guy was sick

The first time I saw Lubitsch's Heaven Can Wait (1943) was for my Intro to Film & Cinema course and it's remained one of my top 5 films. Fucking beautiful movie.

I rewatched it recently to relive that experience and because Claire Danes was so hot back then.
Watched the scene where she falls over in the bath robe frame by frame just so I could see her tush.
Yeah I know, I'm pathetic.

What's that chair called? Looks comfy

Wheelchair.

Ha

>Madame Powell
madame Powell*.

You clearly weren't invested enough in your lessons if you persist in capitalizing "madame".

Are you this fucking dense?

Or did you just want to show off that you could identify the movie in question?

It's a fantastic movie.

Some of the best there's been in french cinema lately.

>Literally has the movie title in the image filename
I don't think he was trying to show off.

You're underestimating just how stupid half of the Sup Forums posters are.

Only movie i can remember seeing in school was that one with Kirk Douglas as the reporter with a dude stuck in a well or something.

It was neat.

Now I feel like rewatching it
>changing the name
even here in Italy the DVD I have has
>Le grand blue

>Watch/Read Animal Farm for 9th grade
>Everybody loving it
>Boxer is being sent away
>'Boxer, they're sending you to the knackers!!!'
>whole class erupts into laughter
>Emotional crutch of the story is ruined

starship troopers was great

Actually watching Gattaca in school was one of the best moments in my High School

Because my teacher was biased towards me some way and I became this like "Best Student" in her eyes even though I was a shithead moron (still am). I got to fuck with everyone's report cards and I gave the kids I hated such a fucking bad mark

Romeo+Juliet and Dances with the wolves was pretty cool too

first book I ever read was Iron Giant. The movie played just like the book.

Man School was cool.

>the staircase is shaped like a dna spiral
whoah..

>Decide to start reading Shadow Children book series

>Sister sees I'm about half way through book one

>"Yeah I didn't like it when the girl dies at the end"

Fucking niggers man.

When Vincent announces to Jerome that he got the job he's at the top of the staircase, he then steps down to the bottom of it to get back to the realities of his condition. Later in the movie: Jerome needs to crawl up the stairs in order to fake being Vincent. Also: Jerome's second name is Eugene, as a reference to Eugenics.

Muh symbolism.

>half

>every movie we watched in my history classes was the censored VHS recording instead of the actual movie
>told we were gonna watch Platoon
>offer to bring in my dad's DVD copy
>refused because "There's too much language"
>mfw

I've had Gattaca on by watchlist for so long I decided to watch it.
Thank you thread.

Donnie Darko for me. Watched the beginning and ending twice without ever seeing the main bulk of the film. Ruined.

We watched it in Biology. I'm not complaining though, it was pretty awesome.

this is a cute movie, shitty plot but good musical

>Watched Gattaca in school
>Meanwhile I had to sit through fucking Twilight twice, because we got through the literature course ahead of schedule in two consecutive years, and both times the female half of the class voted to watch that on the free day we got
I envy you.

Me too.

At school they made us watch Gatacca, but they also made us watch American History X and Stand and Deliver.

Same

wtf
why
but thats sick, what are you talking about

Was in french immersion in grade 7
brand new teacher
first movie we watch is Pan's Labyrinth
almost got him fired

All the decent Shakespeare movies that I can't remember for the life of me but want to watch now.

Watched the Matrix in high school for theology class. Also watched Ghandi and Ben Hur later on. For a Jesuit high school, theology class was the tits

Roger Ebert's review of it really points how how its not this great movie everyone makes it out to be. The book is also all over the place like the movie.

for a second there i thought you were going to tell a story of watching 'touch of evil' in HS
now THAT woudl've been something

But that can't be ruined because it's already a disgrace

I wish my school had been good enough to show this.. we did see his incredible Henry V though

Ace in the Hole. Pretty great film. I first found out about it when I saw a 3rd Rock from the Sun episode based on it where Dick and Harry get stuck down a hole and I think it was Sally that became obsessed with the press attention rather than getting them out.

A clockwork orange

Definitely not this.

It was astounding to the point where everyone in the classroom, including the jocks and dumb popular girls that can give a shit about movies, all could differentiate that it was a really, really good movie.

Literal 10/10

None, I studied real subjects at school which in turn afforded me the option to continue studying the same real subjects at college and university.

>film isn't a real subject
>on a film board

Nigga wtf

That movie changed my understanding of what movies could be when I first saw it in like 2003. That's crazy that you watched that academically in a classroom. On the first day.

HOW CAN I REACH THESE KEEEEDS?

agree