Why wont he make another album like this

Why wont he make another album like this

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OdqKQRhi6qU
youtube.com/watch?v=yGz5uFaOsGE
youtu.be/IQfwgzoiq4c
youtube.com/watch?v=Uf8WIlyKu6U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because it is scientifically established that musical artist peak circa age 30. Guess about how old Beck was when this, which is arguably his best album, had the HELL produced out of it, and sees a cohesive sexy playing with different styles (falsetto, reverse tape loops an shiet, polyphonic-or-something refrains, dropped?

the thetans were actually the source of his power

I forgot he was a scientologist

He still is

He fell for the "I'm getting old and therefore have to present myself as a more serious/consistent artist" meme.

this. It's goofy and fun, just like Mellow Gold, and their his best albums. After everyone loved 'Sad Beck' he stuck with it, and he hasn't made a good record since then. Guero was decent, but still.

Even though I didn't like 'WOW,' if it signifies a return to Midnite Vultures style Beck I'm extremely excited.

Except his most recent stuff is retard-tier randumb pop wank; Odelay or Midnite but shit.
Morning Phase wasn't great but is at least a pleasant listen (Wave is the best song btw), and i actually think Modern Guilt is one of the best things he's ever done

Within a couple years he went from producing Thurston Moore albums to being onstage with Taylor Swift, which I guess kind of sums up his recent descent rather well

>In 2006, Midnite Vultures was named the 50th "Worst Album Ever" by Q, despite the fact that they gave the album four stars.[17] Conversely, in 2013, NME ranked the album at number 307 in its list of the 500 greatest albums of all time.[18]

What did they mean by this?

He didn't stick with 'Sad Beck' though, after Sea Change, he went right back to the more light hearted stuff with Guero and The Information, and released the MASTERPIECE that is Modern Guilt

Favorite song off the album? My pick is Nicotine and gravy

It might by pleb, but Sexx Laws. So fun and funky and sets up the album perfectly. GOAT video as well.

The transition on get Real Paid is I think one of my favourite Beck moments of all time
Honestly the whole album's really strong

Sexx laws is great

Mixed Bizness

>not posting the vid
youtube.com/watch?v=OdqKQRhi6qU
one of the best music videos of all time

youtube.com/watch?v=yGz5uFaOsGE
even the B-Sides from that era were great

youtu.be/IQfwgzoiq4c

I still believe he can make another album like this, it would just have to be a bit tongue in cheek with moments of seriousness, like a Serge Gainsbourg kind of vibe.
It's also my favorite album from him too, one of the most fun records ever cut.

>his look never faces the camera
fucking spooky

I haven't listened to Modern Guilt in a while, I'll retry it.

Um ok but it's not actually a masterpiece or anything, just (imo) a really solid, concise rock record with some great tracks (Walls, Chemtrails, Volcano)

not only that, but learn you some

youtube.com/watch?v=Uf8WIlyKu6U