"No, I don't hate it because of the female cast. I hate it because it looks bad."

>"No, I don't hate it because of the female cast. I hate it because it looks bad."
>75% on RT
>Gets butthurt instead of being thankful that it actually turned out good,

I don't get it Sup Forums
I really don't get it.

To be fair, you'd have to first have seen it in order to judge if you find it a good film or not. I can see how people remain concerned about the movie - the trailers do not make it look good.

Compare the top critics with all critics.

Jurassic World sucked, and that had a positive score.

And while that was also a nostalgia pandering wank fest, at least it attempted to do something new and fresh. This shit is just a remake, with a shitty gimmick tacked on so that they can say it's new and fresh when in reality it's just the same shit repackaged but worse.

Shitty jokes
Shitty SNL over acting
Shitty effects
Shitty covers of classic music
Shitty movie, that offers nothing new or interesting other than "le gurl powah"

The reviews appear to be reviewing a poor film but in the end they give it a good review and a "fuck the manbabies" tagline.

>mfw this movie may be good but ill never know cause ill never watch the stupid mothafucka

Well I DO hate it because it's a female cast. The original was all male. How would women feel if we took a classic all female cast movie and made it all male?

If there was such a movie that is.

Holy shit, imagine Charlie's Angels with men.

I can't wait for the all male remake of Bridesmaids

>p-paid reviews
>t-they just don't want to be branded as sexist
>i-it's only because they include people from Buzzfeed

We all knew this would happen though.

It's a black thing and a woman thing.

Can we make it diverse for good measure?

this

we're supposed to believe they picked the most unfunny and cringey moments to put them in the trailer? maybe that's true and it's just horrible marketing but it's highly improbable. liking or disliking this movie has become very political especially in the US so there's a good chance these reviews are shit

Those last two, particularly the latter, is true. When the people reviewing the movie are the same people who have been writing "If you don't like this movie, you're a bigot!" and "Seeing this movie is now a political act!" articles, of COURSE they're going to give it positive scores.

Even if they don't like it and arn't delusional enough not to realize how mediocre it is, they're going to at least give it the bare minimum positive score to not appear like they were wrong in shilling it all those month and/or hypocrites.

This is a normal person's reaction to the new Ghostbusters
>"Holy shit, this movie looks so bad."
>Sees positive reviews
>Oh, I guess I was wrong. Cool! We got a good Ghostbusters movie!"

And this is a sexist person's reaction
>"Holy shit, this movie looks so bad."
>Sees positive reviews
>"WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT?! MUH SHILLS, MUH PAID REVIEWS, MUH NU-MALES"

>actually turned out good

But it didn't turn out good.

This is literally just giving women even more of what they want. Faggy, feminized non-white men.

>it actually turned out good
That's not what I've been reading

How the fuck can you have your opinions on Rt scores u fucking pleb?
anyone who watched enough movies will tell you just on the trailer about that its trash. the only way this movie can be good if the scenes in the trailer never made it into the final cut.

Sex and the City 3: Noah's Arc

>50% by top critics
>3.5/10 on IMDB

Nice try, Sony shill.

Most of the good reviews are
>yeah the comedy isn't that great but it's not that bad, there are some good parts and the ghosts are nice

Most of the bad reviews are
>worst shit ever, subhuman dog shit

Which are you going to trust?

Kek english. U get my point.

Both seem to be saying the movie is bad though.

>Sup Forums is full of women hating misogynists
What's not to get?

Mediocre isn't bad.

Sup Forums is the same as Sup Forums.

Reviews are only right when they support the majority preconceived opinion on something.

If they don't they're biased shills.

Yes, it is.

IMDB

>it actually turned out good

But it's not getting good reviews because it's good, you retard, it's getting good reviews because the reviewers don't want to face precisely the sort of whiny, aggressive, politically-"correct" backlash that he did for disliking it. After all, if you don't like this movie then you are a sexist, racist, homophobic, cross-burning, black-lynching, woman-beating, literally-Hitler-in-the-flesh virgin manchild crybaby.

I don't want to to watch it because I don't really care about the first 2 movies.

women 45+ didn't grow up with modern feminism and they only seem to like it slightly more than men.

Sorry you are such an assblasted kissless manchild that you get triggered by any form of media featuring a strong woman.

based IMDB basing their rating on individual votes and not some buttmad shill-critic.

It was called The Hangover.

>sjw shills due to feminism
>means good
>literal headlines are just jabs at misogamy or w/e its called
>all the feminists come out of woodwork to write pieces and go full retard
>movie isnt even out yet in USA
>retards acting like its a success already

>females 18-29

kek, the Buzzfeed crowd is trying to combat (poorly) with their own 10/10 reviews

Making films is a zero sum game. If a bad film succeeds then it encourages more bad films to be made

Does Sup Forums dislike the Tomb Raider movies? That featured a stronk wiminz as well but to me at least it was a really enjoyable adventure movie and didn't feel at all like it was shoving some sjw morals in my face.

Yes
Fuck you

Do you have the original pic?

More like
>Most of the good reviews are
>This movie isn't that great but it includes THE FUNNIEST WOMEN ON THE PLANET and you should see it because we'll have to label you sexist

MOMMY PLS DONT DIE

post the mirror image

no

We already knew reviewers would have given it positive reviews for their personal agenda.

The movie is bad and i hope it underperfom.

All the reviews are variations on "best movie I've ever seen will revolutionise gender roles forever 6/10 it was okay"

>75% means it good
>ad numerum

Jokes on you my mums already dead.
>TIME TO FIND NEW MUMMY!!!!!!!!!

The man babies on here are just pissed that its women in lead roles. I know David Manning from the Ridgefield Press really loved the movie and thought it is the best movie of the year.

cunt

Are you tired from jumping to all those conclusions user

Who started this whole misogynistic crap? I really get the feeling that it wasn't actual mysogynists

and? it's got a 3.5/10 on imdb

>Jurassic World sucked, and that had a positive score.
NO.

First post, best post.

Curiously though, I've been hearing that the trailers represent some of the worst parts of just an average movie.

The reviews calling it good all feature the same "screw the haters" rhetoric, seemingly unaware that Sony stoked the fires. And, if the deliberately bad trailers idea is true; maybe sony played us all for fools from the start?

But to hell with the accusations of sexism and racism. To hell with assuming good reviews mean its good, or bad reviews mean its bad.

It's time to form our own opinion. I'd like to suggest "this mediocre summer film is not important." And personally, based on how Sony acted to countless old fans because of a few trolls, I won't waste time or money on something;
>Mediocre
>Unimportant
>Uninteresting
>Exploitatively marketed

Vote with your wallets and don't see it, not even out of morbid curiosity.

i'll wait until after the official release which is the 15th before i'll consider watching it

nice meme frog boy
bring it the fuck on

Haven't seen it yet so I don't have a personal opinion of the film but I was annoyed to see the "it's a feminist movie fuck you men for hating it" tirade over the last few months. Seeing it actually turn out with positive scores makes me think that the people are going to continue calling us out for being sexist because we said the movie looks bad and now have arguments like "see men? Your petty sexist ways did not affect this great movie, feminism wins!"

Like fucking hell it's a Ghostbusters movie, not Patriarchybusters. I didn't care about the franchise before but the stupid war of the sexes behind all this has forced me to pay attention and that has made me mad

>people hate remakes
>especially 80's remakes
>marketers tell people the reason they have a negative view on it is because they're bigots
>now people have more reason to dislike it and actively root for it's failure
Gee this is so hard to figure out.

Sup Forums btfod

This is what you call good reviews?

How is what user posted a meme? It's objectively true that many of the people reviewing the film are the same people who wrote articles defending it. I'm sure that one user with the copypasta that has a list of links suggesting conflicting interests/bias amongst many reviewers will be here to dump any time now.

Do you retards actually watch these shitty blockbusters or is it just an in-joke?

No it didn't suck, or no it didn't have a positive score?

I'm a huge Jurassic Park fanboy that can literally recite the original movie, line for line, from memory and has read the original novels more times than I can count.

Jurassic World was underwhelming and mediocre, especially upon repeat viewings, even if it was relatively harmless.

The movie was bound to fail the moment based China banned it.

samefagin' here.

This post, THIS is what I was talking about... granted not in shitty Reddit form, but the point still stands.

No, I hate it because Devin Faraci is defending it.

I think that's a great reason to hate something.

Devin Faraci should be murdered for being such a pathetic nu-male with a powerful voice.

Two slugs to his faggot chest and one slug to his head.

To be fair haven't Feig's other films - such as Bridesmaids - scored around that? If someene isn't a fan of his previous work, and felt this looked like more of the same, why would they go see it? People kept making this about the female cast instead of just letting people have different opinions.

Wut? Why did they ban it?

their international box office will be fucking dismal

paranormal stuff is banned in china because it's a taboo or something

I legitimately did a fist pump when I heard this was getting great reviews. The stupid "women aren't funny" meme can finally die a quiet miserable death :)

They arn't allowed to watch movies about ghosts, magic, or time travel in China, the government forbids it.

Is that the Saddam looking guy

Laws about depicting ghosts. They haven't even seen the originals.

so china wasn't even allowed to watch big trouble in little china?

that must of sucked for them.

Because chinese religion has a very strong thing about ancestral worship and all that stuff, so movies with spirits, ghosts and related things are not allowed.
They still buy bootlegs and stuff, but this does mean no revenue for Sony.

>Magic
But Wuxia...?

>implying they didn't torrent it

We've had Tomb Raider threads here. And threads on all sorts of films with strong women.
A short time ago there were a lot of big fanwank threads about a possible female version of The Expendables.

But not wanting to watch a female Ghostbusters remake means we're all misogynists and all of that is moot and we hate all women forever.

This is bullshit when one of its top grossing movies in the last few years about fucking Sun Wu kong the Monkey King, not to mention James Cameron is "re" -releasing Terminator 2 in 3D there later in the year.

It's really not a cut and dry NO GHOSTS ETC issue, Crimso Peak for one probably wasn't released in china because of all the sex scenes, not because of ghosts.

Fuck the cast. They'll have better actors/actresses for future sequels. What REALLY matters is the preservation of the essence (and quality) of the franchise.

Star Wars made it. Let's pray Ghostbuster makes it too.

Paid reviews

Suck a fucking dick bitch.

>People's Chinese State Controlled Internet
>Torrents
Nope.
>Bootlegs
Bingo. Except they have no IP laws, so bootlegs and outright copies are a-ok.

>tor

Tomb Raider didn't have a shitty trailer followed by the makers of the movies calling anyone who didn't like them Hitler.

I think you're right.

That guy is talking bs about time travel and magic.

Not about ghosts though.

Hollywood execs know exactly how to play the brain dead liberal SJW crowd and get them all worked up.

wasn't it just a decade ago these SJWs and Feminists were fighting AGAINST corporate greed and hollywood CEOs?

Now liberals are being used by Hollywood to pan their shitty movies... and the liberals have no self awareness that they're being used.

Autism.

It was so fucking bad that all the good critics didn't even go see it, so there's only positive reviews.

How will they even access the necessary software or know it exists?

You don't get it, they cannot access ANYTHING that isn't state approved.

I don't watch shitty manchild crap, sorry fatty.

Why is Tumblr here?