What the fuck happened to rock music?

What the fuck happened to rock music?

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfafJkjxQKr5S2U9q_vDKrC427PCIz6FJ0zC9jFhHE191CFRA/viewform
youtube.com/watch?v=YrVaCpqcRQ0
youtube.com/watch?v=CuNyWCcW50Y
youtube.com/watch?v=Kpi4m64tGak
youtube.com/watch?v=SuoTjYYqe4c
youtube.com/watch?v=FvJPGPTPqEU
kitchensfloor.bandcamp.com/track/bitter-defeat-3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Jews and niggers

You shot yourself niggah.

Niggers ruined music

It was born in the wrong generation

Kurt Cobain ruined it with his whiny garbage music.

Media

Nirvana and grunge were the last hoorah, then it went the way of big band and jazz

Finally someone agrees. Thank you user

Jazz+metal=beautiful things my friend

Dunno some kind of accident

The Black Veil Brides Army takes pride in providing quality shit to its members and are dedicated to upholding our committment of quality logs of shit from andy sixx's asshole.

We have devised a survey to ensure quality control of andy's shit to ensure it is meeting our own set standards as well as YOUR standards which is why we want your opinion voiced. Your feedback is appreciated and will most definitely be considered by Andy Sixx for future log sucking.

So take the survey today!

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfafJkjxQKr5S2U9q_vDKrC427PCIz6FJ0zC9jFhHE191CFRA/viewform
* BVB Army. *
* Data and Research Corps *

I'm not the only one who thinks they're overrated.

niggers invented rock music you faggot

Andy sixx sucked a log of shit out of kurt cobain 's asshole

That 20 gauge was the best thing that ever happened to Nirvana

andy sixx sucked a log of shit out of kurt cobain's ass

Stopped being commercially viable

Kurt cobain's cousin sucked a log of shit out of andy sixxs ass hole

new artic monkeys album otw !!!

Andy sixxs asshole sucking a log of shit out of kurt cobain 's mouth?

Log of shit?

some dude in Oregon spilled his coffee and started crying. this gave him the idea for post 00s music.

also the internet. when the record companies can float some cash to google and facebook to find out what people are buying they can just make more of the same bland horrible crap and label it "New and Improved" instead of being forced to find innovation and talent.

It bit the bullet.
Or in his case. A slug.

His death was because he knew andy sixx wpuld never let a log of shit be sucked out of his asshole

The system (aka the record labels and distribution network) used a "divide and conquer" strategy to split us into competing sub-genres.
That way, they can claim "not enough interest" in a specific sub-genre as justification for not getting behind it to push.

Basically people stopped using drugs creatively.

your reading this your parents will die within 5 years to break the curse you must copy this to 5 pictures good luck. If you love your mom post this to 20 picture. One girl ignored this and her mom died 365 days later. Sorry I can't ignore this because I love my mom

Quads confirm

Time.

>mixing alcohol and sleeping pills
>creatively

best thing that happened to rock music in 20 years was this dipshit shot himself, and we got the foo fighters

The foo fighters still would have happened nigger. Dave Grohl was still recording them shits.

Record company's and get rich quick bands over saturated each respected genre's market.

Majority of forefathers of any type of genre don't intend to construct something that they can cash in on. They hope to be successful by their art and not by their products.

A good percentage of consumers of modern music will essentially listen to anything that they're told is good.

But this is all from my perspective.

you just aren't fucking looking hard enough.
open up and you'll find something good

>foo fighters would've stayed grol's garage project
>never actually been a band
I guess that makes you a retard, and a double nigger, and a shitbird millennial faggot

people always say shit like this, yet have no examples.

This, your problem is that you're not a carefree child anymore and you're not simply looking for those "riffs like old times" but all those good times, music can make these memories a lot more vivid, but if your life is shit, it will only make you sadder.

You're fucking retarded. Dave Grohl said it himself. Nirvana was going to to take a break after their next album anyways. Kurt wanted to experiment with being a solo artist and collaborating with other people. Of course Dave would have still done his thing.

Dave was never a one band guy. Look at all the different groups he's been in/rocked with. It was his destiny. The worst thing that happened is we lost Kurt.

What kind of music do you like?

he already did before nevermind

youtube.com/watch?v=YrVaCpqcRQ0

good song. i don't like the foo fighters that much though. nirvana was mindblowing

...rock?

>Foo Fighters is an American rock band, formed in Seattle, Washington in 1994. It was founded by Nirvana drummer Dave Grohl as a one-man project following the death of Kurt Cobain and the resulting dissolution of his previous band
>Prior to the release of Foo Fighters' 1995 debut album Foo Fighters, which featured Grohl as the only official member, Grohl recruited bassist Nate Mendel and drummer William Goldsmith, both formerly of Sunny Day Real Estate, as well as Nirvana touring guitarist Pat Smear to complete the lineup
I'm sure it would've worked out just like it did if cobrain didn't off himself

this

Rock you monkey. You know, distorted guitars, strong backbeat, challenging vocals, drums and bass.

meh-
incesticide and in utero were breddy gud

Rock died when everyone realised that their dad was listening to better rock.

I mean, nickelback is pretty good

I mean, do you like softer sensitive rock or hardcore shit, moderate rock, folky shit. what?

Try Margot and the Nuclear So & So's and Okkervil River

giant fag detected

it got a taste of money and became a junkie for it.

bleach > nevermind > incesticide > in utero > unplugged
just like they came out

Jesus Christ you are dense...

No they didn't, you ignorant nigger.

Niggers invented depressing blues, from which white people invented rock.

The Foo Fighters are one of the worst bands to have ever existed. I would rather listen to fucking Charlie Pride.

Globalization Xfactor shit, a zombies generation.

I make rock you faggot.

Me too, then follow through and post some fucking bands

>in utero>incesticide>bleach>unplugged>nevermind
not an argument- we wouldn't have the foo fighters
good for you, go fack oaf to Charlie pride

Phil Anselmo and the Illegals
Franz Ferdinand
Ghostland Observatory
Guthrie Govan Erotic Cakes
LAW (sublime's son's band)
Svenny Baby (good band one of my substitute teachers created. They have two records now. I think they're free on bandcamp)
Local H
The Melvins
Ra Ra Riot
Destroyer (i recommend Streethawk: A Seduction)
Zelliack
Mogwai (Mr. Beast)
Modest Mouse (The moon and Antarctica)
Okkervil River
Margot and the Nuclear So & So's
Parasitic Ejaculation
Pears (Go To Prison)
Purple (409)
The Strokes (Is This It)
Ween
The Skins (Surf)
Scars on Broadway (basically SOAD w.o Serj)
Polyphia (Envision)
The Pixies
The Cure
Jeff Buckley
Helmet
Girls (Album, Broken Dreams EP, Father Son Holy Ghost)

>Franz Ferdinand
no
>Mogwai
no
>The Strokes
yes
>The Pixies
>The Cure
yes and hell yes
>Jeff Buckley
no

Better Now (My friend Lilly's band. They are surprisingly great. They have a few EPs out on bandcamp and spotify. They're free on bandcamp though.)
Cerebral Ballzy (as far as i know they have one record that was great. Sounds like oldschool skate punk)
Filter
Fugazi
Ministry
Sick Puppy's (that "You're going down" song)

Gods Joke even though they're a bunch of dope fiends.

edge cuck music

I'll tell you what didn't happen, Sup Forums
It didn't fucking well bleed out after it 'shot itself' in the mouth.
FACT

half of those bands got big in the 80s and 90s you faggot.

i'm talking about the current state of rock. it is dead, and that is a fact. feel free to prove me wrong.

You're not wrong.
The only good "rock" i can give you that's current is shit made by people i know.

inb4 kys

someone once sang in a song that music died

Modest mouse??? hahaha

WELL....WELLLLL.....welll, well, well....WWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
thats everyone of there songs. just ruined the band for you.

Polyphia is badass...but goodlord they are huge douchebags. like the biggest.

Girls was a great group. I miss them, but they weren't hard rock. They were sort of surf rock/indie.

Hahahaha
He does say that a lot.

youtube.com/watch?v=CuNyWCcW50Y

Svenny Baby is pretty dope. They give off a cuck vibe at times though.

Dave wrote the first album (a masterpiece and only good album) in the late 80s.

hahaha good one

new badass bands here

Skullfist
Steelwing
Enforcer

then

Polyphia
anything from Jason Richardson
Periphery is changing the game up for the metal
Pomegranate Tiger
Modern Day Babylon
Wide eyes

Born of Osiris
Lamb of God put out their best album yet last year

Rock is better than ever. its just mainstream rock is what sucks ass so fucking hard.

youtube.com/watch?v=Kpi4m64tGak
album came out in 2016
sorry, no better live audio or album version

half of it became "that energetic fun stuff that doesn't offend anybody" and the other half became metal.

youtube.com/watch?v=SuoTjYYqe4c

I miss these faggots.
Honestly one of my all time favorites hands down.
Girls

>inb4 calling nirvana rock music when it's grunge/garage rock

dude....so gay

breh....right fucking here

youtube.com/watch?v=FvJPGPTPqEU

They have killer tone.

hows that less gay please?

you literally just called it garage rock you fucking faggot.

hahaha i know with their tight pants and shit. Their sound has more drive and Oomph! Shreds and harmonized vocals and leads. good catchy lyrics, but not over done where it kills the track. its a solid track. show me that bands live performance...i would like to see how much energy they have. I imagine them looking down and doing a lil footstomp. hahahahah

kitchensfloor.bandcamp.com/track/bitter-defeat-3

cop this motherfuckers

kinda true, imo it got older and people had to decide why they'd keep listening to it. Some people liked it because it was rambunctious, some people liked it because it was just fun, some people just never really cared unless it was popular. Some people I think kept doing rock and roll the way it was but not enough people wanted the same stuff anymore so it faded into the underground.

garage rock and grunge are parts of alternative, faggot.

rock itself is its own category, while grunge and garage are apart of alternative. nirvana isnt rock

Niggers invented the genre if anything white people stole it and made it shitty

read this guys

It was never good to begin with?

yusss. their recordings are way better, but they put up a badass live performance

Do you play?
I do, but most of my stuff is slower. I have a catchy instrumental demo that i'm very proud of though. I have enough songs to make a record, but i need to get somebody to lay down a drum track for me.

checked

The what is rock? (and only rock)
Following your logic Led Zeppelin isn't rock because it is hard rock.

you're flat out wrong. all these rock genres are under the branch of rock, and therefore a part of rock.

stop being retarded.

OP, it died back in the late 90's as Rock and Roll gave way to Grunge which led to todays emo faggots. Gun's n Rose's is my favorite band and they'd come off like a parody of 80's bands if they premiered today.

My soundcloud is full of shitty rough draft demos that were never meant to be heard by the masses. Most of them were from when i was still learning/finding my sound. I used that app to save ideas before i got myself a proper recorder. I use a Zoom H1. It has great sound for the price. A hundred bucks for good demos.

These are both gr8 bands but theyre a lil folky dont ya think?