Why do some people claim race is a social construct?

Why do some people claim race is a social construct?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1863580/#__sec4title
press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1210/jcem.82.2.3732#_i8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Some people are idiots user.

because when you throw dogs together they get alone despite being different breeds.

are there physical differences? sure. but when people say RACE is a social construct they're mostly referring to racism.

could they have just said racism instead? yeah that would have prevented threads like this. but the point still stands.

judge people based on how they act, not on how they look

Moral of the story according to OP:

>Niggers are sub human, they need to be exterminated.

>judge people based on how they act

This is exactly where racial differences make themselves visible.

People of different races act differently.

i don't know, dude, google it

the great majority of our genes are common across all ethnicities. i think what is a social construct is the idea that races have to have different cultures when they live together, and have to be different with some inferior and superior

but if you're just going to compare skull shapes, sure, race is a genetic imperative. but who cares about skull shape?

Because ignorance is bliss.

It's because it's hard to tell the borders between one "race" and any other. We don't even know how much there actually is, the number differs from 3 up to 16.

they act differently because of widely accepted social constructs that they have to act differently.

in the US, both blacks and whites perpetuate the belief that blacks are stupid, so they act stupid.

if it walks like a duck...

"i drew a picture to make only white people look normal and everyone else look all fucked up, therefore race exists."

>what is cherry-picking?

>cherry picking this bad

this image macro is like a bold faced fucking lie. there's white people who look fucking retarded and black people who look dazzling. fuck off with that shit

because the images here portrayed exist only isolated

by making stupidity a race thing rather than an individual choice thing, you are perpetuating the problem.

>one face for all of Africa, where all the world's remaining genetic variation is
>one face for Asia
>Australoid face that doesn't even look close to Australoid
OP is a dumb shit as well as a faggot today.

You see them differently because you're a white redneck and you're used to seeing only white people.

If you were and alien from another planet you would see them both very much alike. The differences such as color of skin and hair are very very minor.

Because your picture doesn't represent the totality of human variation, you gigantic faggot. Learn to genetics.

They mean that while there are races, 99% of their significance comes from social constructs. People treat races differently, yet there are no good reason why they should. For all intents and purposes all races are the same, yet culture doesn't reflect that. The discrepancy is artificial.

because my ancestors had the idea that they have to erradicate all but white humans and your ancestors thought it was a good idea to be against it. sadly we lost and since than whenever someone is coming with race it's automaticlally a remainder to the horrible crimes we did in the past. only we! no one else!

Race is a social construct, we created it. humans of all backgrounds are a species. the division of those humans is something humans as a species did on their own. you black bears from russia consider black bears from canada to be inferior?

/thread

you really think its minor???
Albino of all race have the same skin color, every single human can tell what race the albino belongs to.

Ironic. Since dog "breeds" actually are man-made "constructs".
Literal selective breeding eugenics experiments, they all started out as the same thing: dog.

have you given up arguing that race is real then? you accept that there are trivial cosmetic differences between people from different regions and nothing more.

Stop watching fox news, lol
You've been brainwashed.

Because the boundaries the races are imaginary, they blur together. No one denies certain characteristics have a specific geographic distribution

tell that to all the white people who get robbed and killed by niggers every year.

The difference is more than cosmetic. Compare blacks to a Japanese. Are they equal? No, the average IQ of a Japan is 108, and the average IQ of blacks is 85.

You don't think that has anything to do with their culture or upbringing?

Same reason people say gender is a social construct.

Same reason people say the world is flat.

Some people are fucking stupid and don't wont listen to reason or scientific evidence.

STFU U FART SNIFFING NIGGER

Science agrees that race is a social construct. Genetic research shows there are no clear demarcations, it's largely sociopolitical and based on cultures and superficial characteristics

well it just so happens that even in different parts of the world that have little to no contact black cultures for some reason always tend to be more violent. thusly it would seem that genetics play a pretty big part in how cultures turn out.

OK, so where do Ethiopians belong? And Samoans? Also notice the differences between, say, Japanese and Chinese or Russians and Germans.

>trivial cosmetic differences

Hormone levels, bone density, athletic and intellectual performance, crime stats from France, the UK, the US, South Africa, Australia.

>minor
>cosmetic
>difference

> Anonymous 01/15/17(Sun)17:58:43 No. ▶
>STFU U FART SNIFFING NIGGER

Trips of truth

Not when it's happening in a dozen different countries around the world.

Black people commit a disproportionate amount of crime.

all races have the same anatomy, and guts and brain

>confusing nationality with race
ishygddt

>Science agrees that race is a social construct.

It doesn't.

>Genetic research shows there are no clear demarcations.

There are clear genetic markers from different races, I don't know how you can possibly arrive at that conclusion. Do you not think we can tell people of different ethnicity apart from DNA? Are you fucking stupid?

>it's largely sociopolitical and based on cultures and superficial characteristics

That's your interpretation of the data.

>intellectual performance, crime stats from France, the UK, the US, South Africa, Australia.
>implying passing tests on paper is genetic
>implying criminality is genetic
>genetics as the new essential explanation for everything
>previously it was class
you are luggage on the human race's back

Humans are a Ring Species.
Wikipedia that

Humans phenotypes dont exist in a smooth continuum. There are isolates, self perpetuated and entirely voluntarily so.

Icelandic people

Bushmen

Pygymies

Masai tribesmen

Etc.

One thing is for certain: you never got a college education.

its 2017, Genetics and DNA studies have advanced a lot in the last few years.

>you are luggage on the human race's back

That's cute, and I guess it's all you can come up with.

Actually different race have different brain sizes.

>college education.

College education is mandatory where I'm from, you fucking stupid cunt.

>Hormone levels, bone density, athletic and intellectual performance, crime stats
Are all things that have zero difference between ethnicities, in all scientific studies ever done.

Very inconvenient for you, yes? But the republican denies the existence of science.

Japanese and Koreans are descended from nomads who settled in the area of the Koryo Peninsula about 5000 years ago. Both languages are atonal and descended from Hungarian.
Chinese is an umbrella term covering about 50 major ethnicities. Mongolians are more close to Japan and Korea in language, looks and culture.
Across Southeast Asia there's another 30 distinct types of face and language groups, with mixes in between.
You've really brought a bag of farts to a shit fight.

CAN SOMEONE ANYONE GIVE ME A SCIENTIFIC EXPLANATION AS TO WHY BLACK PEOPLE ARE SO MUCH MORE VIOLENT THAN OTHER RACES??

>There are clear genetic markers from different races,
How many markers must one possess to be a member of that race? What if you have different markers that result in similar superficial attributes? How many markers are shared by only a single race, and aren't found in neighboring races, especially along the borders?

it varies more between individuals in a given race than it does between the races themselves

kek
>they act stupid because they were told to

is that why you are a cuck cocksucking faggot ?
because people say liberals are all cucks and faggots and so you HAVE to behave like that ?

retard

If you're going to lie about something, it's not smart to lie about having gone to college. You won't pull it off.

>Do you not think we can tell people of different ethnicity apart from DNA?
Did you mean determine ethnicity USING dna?
Because that's not reliable at all. There's Sup Forumstards with Ashkenazi Jew genes because people fuck strangers, mate.
In fact a big smirking criticism of the USA by Euros was that they were mixed with negroes. You live with them, they are 10% of your population and they have all the same rights as you. So you're going to tell me, as a group you have any white purity left?
LOL.

Would you 2 fags stop arguing and answer this

Because they're either ignorant or pushing an agenda.

I'll just pick one because I'd rather not spend all day sourcing for some degenerate who can't perform basic research but:

>bone density
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1863580/#__sec4title

or

press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1210/jcem.82.2.3732#_i8

didn't read the greentext did you, cletus?
Fail.

Itrips yu gatta

>lie about having gone to college.

Fuck me your life must suck. You know college is free in Europe right? Anyone can go.

>bold faced
bald-faced

why is american no oid?

You think being stupid is a choice?

Why does 12% of a population commit over half of all crimes especially violent crimes

Because when we were all in Africa a bunch of years ago, a bunch of people left and a bunch of people stayed. Then, the people left adapted to get lighter skin colors, different facial features, etc. This is what we now know as race, and nothing actually separates us as homo sapien sapiens because we can all reproduce with eachother (unless someone is infertile). Race and biases against other races were put in during tribal days and in old times before real civilization happened, so that's what they really mean.

Is there a point you were trying to make hidden in that garbage?

You didn't actually refute anything I said, you just babbled a little opinion piece on the US.

I'm not from the US, by the way.

Because they're all poor and uneducated unless they're wealthy and educated. You don't see Nigerian-Americans shooting people because they work hard and get good education

>didn't read the greentext

There was nothing to read. No substance, no argument.

You sound like a fucking retard.

>implying
>implying

That's doesn't mean anything. How old are you?

I'm a half-breed so i don't really care about race or racism.

sucks to be you

You can breed a Greyhound and an Alsatian but they'e quite clearly different.

They're both useful dogs, what's wrong with acknowledging their different traits?

studies have shown that mixed race people are objectively more attractive
where's your god now Sup Forums?

Cultural, socioeconomic, societal, and historical reasons
>no must b race itself because these factors correlate with race niggers r bad it's in the blood

You think it isn't?

>studies

Have they, though.

White guy here, I'd rather be mixed than racist. Mixed people can be cool and have interesting ideas/conversation, every racist I've met was a race-obsessed redneck

In at least 6 highly developed countries you could easily google crime stats for?

Just one race?

My oh my, that's some coincidence.

Show me the data

Well, no because it fucking isn't....
Are you actually serious?

Who the fuck would choose to be stupid?

If it's a choice then stop being so fucking stupid you absolute troglodyte.

>Who the fuck would choose to be stupid?
There are plenty of people who know the facts then deliberately choose to ignore them in favor of gut feeling
That is what we call "willful ignorance"

You first.

No, you see (pick any African country) killing each other with machetes and committing genocide amongst their own people.

Black rappers and athletes who "make it" and become rich STILL keep up their nigger ways(and in many way become more criminal in nature). Blacks are far more emotion driven people, and the emotion they tend to gravitate towards is anger and violence.

There's a reason the first thing blacks who actually make something of themselves move to where white people live, deep down they know how their kind are...

Because when people say "race" that's not what they're talking about.

Can you really not google the crime break down for

>UK
>US
>France
>Sweden
>Keep going

yourself? Or do you need everything spoon fed to you?

>Black rappers and athletes who "make it" and become rich STILL keep up their nigger ways
Because money magically changes decades of experience and you just have to scrub a hood nigga real good with a 100 dollar bill and he'll be totally reformed?

You make some really shitty arguments

>There are plenty of people who know the facts then deliberately choose to ignore them in favor of gut feeling
That is what we call "willful ignorance"

You're talking about yourself aren't you?

Ignorance ≠ stupidity.

Yes, it is.

Otherwise we'd say they were different species.

Is this the big mixup here?

And what do you believe they show?

Ignorance is the cause of stupidity user

you're the worst kind of racist. you're the type that turns a blind eye and ignores the obvious truth just to prove you're not. letting people have a free ride because they are a different race is every bit as racist as discriminating against them because of it.

Sounds like a lot of countries where blacks are minority populations and often immigrants or the children of immigrants. some of those countries probably get their blacks from Muslim areas in Africa as well. So tell me how it is that you can totally discount religion, culture, outsider status, income, et al?

Ah, here's the hangup. You don't know the meaning or usage of English words. That'll get ya.

A disproportionate amount of crime being committed by non-Whites.

Uh, what free ride are you talking about exactly?

I agree, words DON'T have definitions.

Newfag