Do you think that the Japanese language has many wastes?

Do you think that the Japanese language has many wastes?

It could certainly be made easier to use as well as a better carrier for information.

There have been efforts inside japan to improve the language though, hasn't there?

Japanese is the 2nd most efficient language desu

information density per character:

most dense Chinese
2nd Japanese
3rd Korean

just to be clear

this is spoken language

this is written script

And considering how Japanese and Chinese scripts is significantly more visually complex with less ease of distinction than Korean, it's interesting to see they hardly pull ahead of Korean. Sejong really did a good job with hangul.

t. Bill Joong

Regular white American.

japs can cheat and write fucking essays on twitter

Stupid image for a stupid thread.

Just ban non indoeuropen language

串厨

People like you should be removed from the genepool.
If you want efficiency, learn a fucking computer language. Live isn't a race to the end so human languages should be a race to finish. Also, fuck you for posting a graph which dishonestly used the most polite and also syllabicly dense forms of expression as though it was a representation of the norm.

Cancerous fucking American.

That's one butthurt bogan.

Saying "melancholy" in English: melancholy
Saying "melancholy" in Spanish: duele
Saying "melancholy" in Arabic: حزن
Saying "melancholy" in Japanese: 憂鬱
What the hell Japan, how do you write or remember this shit?

kemono friends is the best friends

*writing

By typing yuuutsu and convert it to kanji.

>鬱
Cherry picking at its finest
And then you have shit like 日 and 言

japanese is seriously a fucking meme language

French is a meme homo language
>oui oui, j'adore les grands pénis

I think you need a system like Korea made with their alphabet.
Looks really good and easier to learn

>he says this as portuguese is almost literally the same but with different words
nice meme

Hiragana+Katakana+Kanji+Emoji= native level

Hangul looks fucking retarded

t. Alfredo Nakajima

I don't need to be japanese to understand that changing the japanese writing system would do more bad than good. Especially if they change it to something retarded like hangul

>changing the japanese writing system would do more bad than good.
That would only be true if the Japanese script had nothing that could be improved.

Are we really ignorant enough to suggest that is the case?

>Are we really ignorant enough to suggest that is the case?
Nice argumentum ad lapidem. Japanese needs Kanji.

Changing the writing system would have too much impact on the japanese nation. Do you really think that it would be easy? It took fucking centuries for it to get to this point.

Allright, allright if you are so smart then what do you think needs to be improved in Japanese for it to be easier to learn?

Netherlands doesn't understand that "Japanese with kanji" and "japanese that is changed from its current state" are not mutually exclusive?

>too much impact on the japanese nation
I doubt it

>Do you really think that it would be easy?
Who said easy? Some changes might be easy, other changes might be extremely difficult. Depends on the nature of the change.

That doesn't mean changes wouldn't be good.

Could you elaborate on what you'd want to change then?

>pratically change an entire language
>hurr durr it would have no impact
Just admit that you don't know what you're talking about and we can end it here

I'm not the one who proposed a change. I'm responding to the idea that changes to Japanese script fundamentally do more bad than good. The only way it's possible to have a script that any change is always more harmful than helpful is if it was optimal in every way. I'm sorry you consider it silly for me to dismiss the idea that Japanese script is optimal in every way.

We're talking script, not language.

And I did not say it would have no impact. I'm simply telling you that all changes to the Japanese script are not fundamentally more bad than good.

>I'm responding to the idea that changes to Japanese script fundamentally do more bad than good
What a stupid point. We all know not a single language except Dutch is perfect, and I'm sure you know that the Brazilian meant that most changes to the Japanese language people have proposed would do more bad than good, not that every change fundamentally and in the absolute sense would be detrimental to the language.

>I'm simply telling you that all changes to the Japanese script are not fundamentally more bad than good.
I guess they could be good if they were applied correctly. However, that's impossible. Changing the writing system would disrupt the nation completely. Unless you're proposing that the japanese government would be able to present the new writing system smoothly and integrate it into the language just as well, which would be crazy talk at this point.

>What a stupid point.
One that you weren't able to grasp. Maybe if I wrote it in dutch you would have understood it.

>I'm sure you know that the Brazilian meant that most changes to the Japanese language people have proposed would do more bad than good
No, he made a statement about changing japanese, and then another statement about a specific proposal.

Please see pic related.

It's literally the same arguments you can have with Americans about moving to metric. Some say we should not change in ANY WAY, others may argue that we should not change specifically to metric. All I even quoted from him was the idea that it would be bad to make any changes.

>disrupt the nation
Sometimes you defer comfort today to reap rewards at a later date.

>One that you weren't able to grasp.
I'm not saying the point is stupid because it's not true, I'm saying it is stupid because you formulated it in such a safe way that it is hardly any news to anyone, nobody said the Japanese language is perfect as is.

>that pic
>taking everything that literally
Reminds me of something I read in the DSM 5

>because you formulated it in such a safe way
Is "safe' a code word for clear and direct?

>learning Hiragana, Katakana and grammar
Japanese is interesting and fun!
>learning Kanji
End my life

Guinevere in BBC's Merlin was black

Genuinely sick of the BBC, feel like ever since the refugee crisis and brexit they don't even bother hiding how biased they are.

Almost feel like they're contributing to the rise of populism, people have had enough.

Learning kanji is easy for me; getting the vocab to stick, especially the more abstract concepts, is a lot more difficult.

>no word about king arthur being a woman in the japanese version even though it would have caused Sup Forums earthquakes if BBC had done it
Weeaboos are disgusting

>BBC
>black

checks out

Yes

We should have forced you all to start speaking English after the war

Isn't kanji just cucked Chink written language?