reggae is comfy

this tbqh famalam.

wheres post rock?

next to shoegaze on the meme genre list

What is crunkcore anyway?

Also most pop punk
Also take hip hop the fuck outta there

pleb

what about regular pop which is propagandized and produced strictly for money like all music on the radio these days

>reggae

wrong

Reggae is nice
Hip Hop is too broad

rap and country as well

>Hip Hop is too broad
kek

Its the least varied electronic subgenre

kpop is good though

''no''

>tfw like 2 of these genres a lot
>tfw 1 came from my father's country
>tfw 3 are derivative of music from my father's country
>tfw 6 came from my country

fuck you plebs

kpop is literally just american pop music with cuter girls and a different language

it's shit

smoke weed everyday, mon

i fancy electro-swing quite a lot.

>reggae
>hip hop
>ska punk
you can fuck off with your shit opinions.

>ska-punk
Absolutely not

>fancy
>electro-swing

there's your problem

are the bosstones ska-punk or just ska

country used to be great. hank 1 is the shit

reggae and hip hop are just flat out wrong, ska punk and brostep have redeemable roots, the former being more important / interesting than the latter but still

''just-ska'' are from Jamaica only

Metal

Post-Grunge is worse than all of these (besides maybe Crunkcore)

Hip Hop and Ska-Punk are great, some Kpop is fun

bro country is worse than all of those.

You know one day mike patton is going to combine all of those genres together with circus music and invent nu metal

Memerap
Metal
Techno

ambient is the worst

>metal

>Ranking genres
Wwweeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwww

t.low test nu-males who listen to pop punk and indie

you forgot black metal and millenial whoop

this man gets it

>hip hop
This post is already a meme but
>brostep
Honestly the beginning of the genre was so fucking innovative

why reggae, I'm honestly confused

hip hop >> reggae >>>>>>>>> kpop >>electro-swing >>>>>> brostep >>>>> crunkcore >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ska-punk

>hip-hop above anything
pathetic

Ska punk is terrible and not actually punk rock

>ska-punk above anything

reggae is a meme-genre. everything sounds the same. it's only fun for so long. i hate dancehall, but at least that genre evolves (for good or bad).

:not liking BTMI and Streelight Manifesto

t. owns a sublime shirt

>worst
>k-pop
>implying Gee isn't pop masterpiece
>crunkcore
this fits, but only because majority of genre is made by untalented teens. Family Force 5 proved that it can passable years ago
>reggae
shit bait
>hip hop
retarded bait
>ska-punk
third of ska is shitty for real, but only on surface, if you dig a bit you'll find some amazing stuff
>brostep
it's edm's answer to commercial metal, production-wise it's amazing, musically not so much. far from the worst anyway
>electro-swing
could be true, but it's only because of steampunk aesthetic. i personally don't like swing in a first place and electro-swing doesn't do much either since it's more simple and edm orientiered. but when it's done by somewhat talented producers it is passable.

now let me tell you about aggrotech / cybergoth

>no rap
>no metal
>no australian aboriginal tribal songs

add metal

>no rap

what? Hip hop is there.

This
American third wave ska is by far the worst thing to certify you a pasty kid that got bullied in school and wears checkered patterns

i think you confused reggae with ska or reggae made by white people from washington

Riot Grrrl

and I love punk, but that shit sucks so goddamn hard.

Reggaeton

bitch.

kek fuck off

> kpop
I started out such a hater of k-pop since it seemed to have the same vacuous content of late 90s teen pop. But the truth is, the genre has a ton of range. There's a surprisingly big trip-hop element to some artists. Some k-pop is terrible, but now the genre is so diverse that it really isn't bad as a whole.

> crunkcore
Crunkcore's just funny. I find these bands hilarious and enjoyable, especially Millionaires. They're just so ridiculous. Except Attila - they're just fucking awful.

> reggae
reggae's amazing, kys
nah, I'm just kidding, but keep digging in the classic stuff. Especially Toots & The Maytals

> hip hop
I'm not a big hip hop fan, but IMO this is really hip hop's golden age. Rappers are doing more interesting things than they ever have, and if you're not following them at least a little, you're missing out. The obvious innovator to pay attention to is Danny Brown.

> ska punk
there's a lot of really annoying stuff in this genre, but there are also some truly great band, especially in the underground

> brostep
When it's just watered down dubstep it's fine. It only gets awful when you throw in a bunch of awful, manic, squeaky sound effects

> electro-swing
I know next to nothing about it, but the little I've heard has been incredibly annoying

I pity you for thinking this

>cuter girls

>everything sounds the same

Allow me to share with you some things then.

youtube.com/watch?v=WfWwJCfjbHU
youtube.com/watch?v=usiaMhUkOkg
youtube.com/watch?v=jUnIXakT0oU
youtube.com/watch?v=1nPE-lrJhc0
youtube.com/watch?v=UJzRmt96j08

All reggae. Insofar as the notion that everything sounds the same, that applies to reggae just as much as every other conceivable genre. I have a feeling it's just the reggae you're exposed to that sounds the same to you.

I will say that it is very heartwarming to see Sup Forums come to reggae's defense like this, even though there are never any reggae threads on this board (which is a bit of a bummer, but oh well).

Kpop > Jpop

>I love punk
for some odd reason i want to say your a liar that likes meme bands

This. Even if you're on the whole anti-SJW trend, there were some bands of the riot grrl era that were just fantastic punk bands, notably Bikini Kill, Babes in Toyland, The Gits, 7 Year Bitch, and Sleater-Kinney.

you're such a fucking faggot user. i bet you're teenage. you would have to be deaf to believe this. either that or you're posting without having listened to any kpop or at most 30 seconds from two songs. and only an underage would make such sweeping generilizations without worrying he's unqualified.

you are so comprehensively wrong and the rest of the underaged pretentious teenagers on Sup Forums lap up your pathetic opinion so completely it's disgusting. i despise this pathetic board and your clique mentality so fucking much. i don't know what lives you've had that led you to become like this, but you're pathetic. get your own fucking opinions you worthless brainless cowardly fucks. you don't have to agree with everything this board tells you

post your age faggot. post your fucking age right now. i'm willing to bet your actual age would get you banned off this site.

Linguist here, and I've gotta say that you're one hundred percent wrong. Gookspeak is inferior to nearly every other language in the universe, and Japanese is on the other hand is one of the greatest spoken languages.

>hip hop

I basically agree with you due to the simple fact that hip hop has caused so much social decay, but there are some good artists and cool beats. although "good" artists in hip hop have to be evaluated at a much lower level than other genres, 99% of rappers are dumb as dirt.

society has always been pleb

hermits are the only true patricians

I dare you'll cowards to find music worse than EDM country remixes.

> implying his preference is based on lingual complexity
I've never seen autism so beautifully expressed online. Well done.

Not to mention he's not really a linguist and what he's saying is completely laughable.

no.
Harsh Noise
Power Electronics

Millionaires and Attila are crunkcore? nah the genre definition is a bit more specific than "pop or metal with trashy wigger aesthetics." funny thing is though, no band actually managed to combine crunk with metalcore like the term would suggest, beyond just screaming over generic crunk
>When it's just watered down dubstep it's fine. It only gets awful when you throw in a bunch of awful, manic, squeaky sound effects
other way round, the squeaky, quirky sound producers like koan sound went for is what makes it stand out, when it's repetitive and trying to be dark it's the most boring thing ever and made obsolete by britstep

>kpop
>not great

youtube.com/watch?v=WJua7KEP_oE
youtube.com/watch?v=XGdbaEDVWp0
youtube.com/watch?v=4j7Umwfx60Q

with brostep, I'd prefer mediocrity to awfulness. It sounds like you're the other way around.

I do recognize that those two aren't as representative of the genre as, say, BrokENCYDE, but I do typically see them described as crunkcore, especially Millionaires

yeah generally you could argue being mediocre is worse than being awful because you're making something obsolete, outclassed by many other things
well i don't think koan sound, skrillex, zomboy etc are awful, imo the busy compositional style that you're describing which sort of died down with Riddim just fits way better with the genre's glossy, flashy production style
>I do typically see them described as crunkcore
what, where?

This shit is extremely well-produced, I will give it that.

Nice meme kid

They have nice vocals too, bro

youtube.com/watch?v=lpwG8f9nt4s
youtube.com/watch?v=73QzQYN8FtE
youtube.com/watch?v=UF8m2JIDjKU

>yeah generally you could argue being mediocre is worse than being awful because you're making something obsolete, outclassed by many other things
I disagree with your argument on a subjective basis. If something is okay at what it does, that's much better than doing something not-at-all enjoyable, for me personally. I'd rather see someone only partly succeed at making something good, than seeing them fully succeed at making something shitty.

As for the glossy production, maybe the squeaky, busy sound doesn't sound out of place, but that doesn't justify it if it isn't offering anything valuable.

what does american football and neutral milk hotel make? that isn't on this list..

Take off KPop and Hip-hop and the list is incredibly accurate

>Linguist here
You'd be laughed out of any university if you try to say Japanese is a better constructed language than Korean.

it's offering a squeaky, busy sound that i enjoy and that is sort of unique, valuable enough imo

i value artists that are unique, creative, do their own thing, because subjectively that means it's gonna stick with me at worst or it's offering a whole new experience or perspective ideally. pretty often, music that i think is awful at first but is at least interesting and unique, i'll change my mind after a while of pondering or after seeing the links between styles and thinking "hey why dont i like this too when i think this and that are cool"

Nope. Hardcore, japcore, crust and PV is what I listen to mostly. And riot grrrl sucks shit. So does ska punk and folk punk and celtic punk and street punk and probably some other trash I'm forgetting.

I know this is Sup Forums, but you're at a 10 and I need you at a 2. It's just silly to dismiss everything that isn't intense.

I actually started appreciating folk punk because I was so into crust punk - bands like Days N Daze and Rail Yard Ghosts share a lot in terms of musical sensibilities with heavier bands like His Hero is Gone, even if the former is about as light as punk gets, and the latter is as heavy. There are some really annoying bands in the genre, but there's some great stuff. The whole notion that anything that isn't brutal enough is bad, is childish and moronic.

yeah, I do obviously listen to a bunch of much much softer music too, it's just not what I want from punk music (most of the time). I did download records from Days n Daze and Rail Yard Ghosts though, the comparison with HHIG got me interested so I'll give them a listen later. thanks.

>Reggae
>Ska punk
>Electro-swing

Get out

Crunkcore is worst, Reggaeton is second worst then brostep.

fpootbp

Worst are electro-swing and hip hop.

The worst genre in the history of popular music is arena rock.

This is scientific fact.

there is nothing wrong with reggae

Pre 2015 kpop was good though

APRIL FOOOOOOLS!! XDDDD

like AOR? Shit's awesome.

youtube.com/watch?v=Hq-51WbD3iw

Leave this board plz and never ever post here again

I love ska punk don't care about the haters

Have you met our Lord and Saviour NIGHTCORE?

The most IRRELEVANT GENRES

Post-grunge
Cybergrind
Metalcore
Hard Rock
Brostep
Dungeon Synth
Nu Metal
Ethereal Darkwave
Post-Rock

I wanted to say Fishmans for reggae but they are obviously more focused on the dub, and yet it isn't really raw raw dub. Their approach isn't dissimilar to drum & bass and they are sort of a j-pop band as well so it doesn't exactly fit the criteria

I think hip hop really depends on your mood. I like live instrumentation and I don't like much looped minimal beats so i generally avoid these, kind of like I avoid 60s rock as well, i'm generally in the mood for much more daring music personally :(

kpop is just pop music in korean you fucking idiots

That definition males it a genre.

genre ~ ʒɒ̃rə,ˈ(d)ʒɒnrə/Submit ~ noun
1. a style or category of art, music, or literature.