For the first time after shitting on Kendrick over the past few years I've given this a thorough listen tonight...

For the first time after shitting on Kendrick over the past few years I've given this a thorough listen tonight, and I just have to apologize for shitting this board up with my Kendrick hate posts. I've been wanting to get into Kendrick since the last week and have been trying to play catch up, I heard Section 80. and it was really good, but this right here was just fucking beautiful, every single thing about it from front to back. The story, the way it was told, how the skits were used, tying one track into the next, the absolutely flawless production, and all the small other details. The end little skit which leads back to the beginning just was the cherry on top that really won me over. My reasons for hating him were stupid, such as finding his voice and adlibs annoying, his J Cole tier fans etc. Now I understood, I finally fucking understand why he gets all this praise. I'm conpletely in love with this album, and highly looking forward to giving TPAB another try and Untitled Unmastered too. 5 years late but I'm finally ready to jump on the King Kendrick train.

nigga you gay

He peaked work GKMC so don't expect much going forward.

Can't tell if sarcasm or not but I unironically agree, Good Kid m.a.a.d City was perfect to me

it's downhill from here

gkmc is one of the few actual albums that take the concept of an album and use its structure for an overarching purpose.

most don't

Yeah I doubt anything he does can ever top this, and it's not really his fault because this is just a once in a lifetime kinda masterpiece. I heard like a third of TPAB and didn't like it all, but maybe after this I'll appreciate a bit more I guess? We'll see
No sarcasm at all, I mean every word I said I fucking love this album

you are forgiven

TPAB and GKMC have very different styles. I love both but GKMC will always be my favorite, I think he may be going back to that GKMC sound with his new album dropping on the 7th so I'm cautiously optimistic. But you're right, he can't top this. Every song just fits perfectly. People sometimes say that 'Real' and 'Poetic Justice' are weak but I think they're great and add to the total narrative.

Ive been basing my highly favorable opinion of kendrick on how fucking good gkmc is, but it seems like that was the peak for him. I love section 80 too but everything post gkmc is just nowhere near as good as people say and it seems like hes regressing overall.
gkmc 9/10 classic tpab 6/10 pretentious

Untitlted 01 and 01 sound like something off GKMC.

I feel like Kendrick is the type of artist who wouldn't wanna go back to any style and sound he's had, he always would go for something different and part of me is optimistic like you are but I wouldn't mind at all if he comes with a totally different sound. And wtf do they really? I mean I get it kind of for Poetic Justice, but Real is one of my favorites and it's neccesary for the picture he's trying to paint for the album. I personally wouldn't even want a single lyric changed from any fucking song

Yeah, in an interview with Rick Rubin n YouTube he talks about how he uses sounds for where he's at in life and he probably won't keep the jazzy sound in the future.
>And wtf do they really?
Supposedly Poetic justice is too radio friendly and poppy and Real is dumbed down

Backseat freestyle is pure shit. Context doesn't help at all

>can't appreciate a good banger

It's a bad banger. Most annoying instrumental i've ever heard

I love good kid, but TPAB is on a whole other level. My favourite rap album of all time

This.

I love TPAB jazzy feel to it. For Sale is possibly my favourite tune

Ever since I heard Bitch don't kill my vibe I was hooked. That was the first track of his I have heard. Then I listened to the whole album. I personally think it's a masterpiece. You cannot listen to a song and rate the whole album, it's an experience. If someone hasn't heard it from beginning to end, have no place in criticizing it.

TPAB is amazing, the skits you enjoyed are sort of replaced with a poem that he adds a bar at the start/end of just about every song

Now listen to all his loose tracks before taking to pimp a butterfly, the shift in tone is amazing.

Also Wesley Theory is the ultimate pleb filter.

Whenever I ask Kendrick fans what's so good about GKMC they never come up with an answer

Welcome to the bandwagon OP.

I agree there's a lot of people really sucking him off for the wrong reasons but his work is something I really can't get over. I mean my opinion is TPAB is a better album but GKMC was definitely great and easier to get into than TPAB.

?