Elysium wasn't so bad

IDK why you guys shit on Elysium, shit on Matt Damon, shit on Blomkamp (except when you cuck about District 9, like every movie should be fucking District 9). IDK why Sup Forums does this!
I watched Elysium on BD and: great visuals(lots of effects and well executed); story was GREAT(yea it has tangerines with near future, which is a plus, and a cohesive, fluent and well paced narrative); acting was above good, all the leads doing very well.

Just cause you guys are hate driven and bitter neets with no future doesn't mean a movie is not good.
On the other hand Chappie was shit ruined by Antwoord with are subhuman trash.

I liked all the movies mentioned and rolled my eyes at your fgt buzzwords, fucking kids

if it wasnt for the 'focking prown' man it would be an utter shit. Him and the guns kinda saved that horrible movie.

NNnno no!

Lets not forget about snowpiecer, another Sup Forums underrated movie.
...best movie ever

Why do you guys hate good movie, I don't understand ?!
Just cause Blomkamp is young and might look like one of you neets doesn't mean...

Movie of the decade...

no, you fucking didnt. you didnt compare this great movie to bait-shit Elysium

stunning visuals

its all about the message that Blomkamp tried rape us with. Also tech was kinda stupid like ressurection device. To cap it all expectations were to high

Its half a good movie and half incredibly ham fisted story with no subtlety whatsoever.

>resurrection device
Facial reconstruction?
You're both dumb.

Magical performance.

>Facial reconstruction?
as far as i remember Kruger died, didnt he?

nah, his brain was alive

No, his face was blown off and was in a fuckton of pain, but he was still alive.

I agree with all you said user

well, you were right. the wiki says "Kruger is grievously wounded by a grenade blast". my bad

ITS THE SWEETY MAN

I watched District 9 for the first time a couple days ago, and I really liked it. Is any of bumpkins other shit worth my time?

Space paradise gets ruined by sjw's after they ruined earth.

>Is any of bumpkins other shit worth my time?
anything else does not reach District's level but its ok. Anyway Sharlto Copley is an asset anywhere.

the scene where matt damon mocks the talking robot is like a cringe carnival

they even put it in the trailer

But the movie is the exact same as District 9. It's not bad, but it's so similar in tone, theme and structure to District 9 that it might aswell be called APARTHEID WAS BAD :(

District 9 was fresh and the message wasnt so obvious

Because it wasn't District 9

>D9 wasn't obviously about Apartheid
Really?

Is it weird that I like this movie just as a dumb action movie? Because then the lack of subtly with the message isnt as distracting. Never got around to watching Chappie, is that worth a look or worse?

>that it might aswell be called APARTHEID WAS BAD

But this wasn't the message to District 9.

In fact D9 showed most of the "aliens" were so stupid and primal, violent chimpouts in the making, that lib media actually started scratching their heads and wondering if it wasn't all racist after all.

no it wasnt. it was secondary story. The primary was the Copleys transformations and aliens homecoming.

I fucking love bloemkamp's designs for vehicles/objects/weapons.

Could you imagine a star wars worked on by him? We would actually see some iconic designs emerge from the franchise again.

This. I think his movies are worth it just for his design and special effects work, which is untouchable right now.

If you like Bloemkamp at all it's 100 percent worth it. It's better than Elysium in my opinion.

It was actually about present day immigration. Africans south of Congo all head to South Africa and steal jerbs and sleep on the streets unlike native south africans who sleep in abandoned buildings.

if you can stand listening to fucking yolandi then yeah dude sure go for it

Didn't WETA do a lot of the designs for D9? Their stuff is always top notch.

Didn't WETA do the Hobbit...?

Yea, watch that BD at 35Mbps on 40'display, that's some eye candy right there boi.

>IDK why you guys shit on Elysium, shit on Matt Damon, shit on Blomkamp
90% of stuff people 'shit on' here is perfectly fine or at least tolerable
And with the stuff that is actually garbage, like Marvel and DC movies, nobody listens to Sup Forums's warnings

>implying that elysium is better than capeshit

shig

capekino is a meme you dud

I never saw it

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:25e85ac2295b7da9c7979b40b61e07f3050e7b05

Elysium vs Snowpiercer?
Who wins?

snowpiercer, but only for its originality in setting

both are heavily flawed agitprop flicks

it's pretty flawed but worth a look. I don't get the hate for Die Antwoord, I don't like their music at all but they put on a pretty solid performance

>Matt Damon quips

no thanks

6/10

7.5/10

both underrated by Sup Forums, both still not great and very fundamentally flawed.

Those who hate Blomkamps work because of Sup Forums related reasons do understand that the man is a complete racist? In D9 most of the aliens are useless and dumped on earth by the elders. In Elysium Damon fucks things up for everybody (things were already fucked up for most).

I too love Blomkamps designs and special effects. It's like he understands the usage of special effects way better than many other directors. That's partly why Chappie was a massive disappointment for me. The opening sequence made me rock hard and I was waiting for the last showdown but then everything was kinda meh and plot really silly. It almost went to camp territory but not enough.

>dumped on earth by the elders
I though their shit broke

It wasn't a horrible film, but it sure as hell wasn't good.
>cuck about District 9
Are you underage?

Neil "If you're black, you have to go back" Blomkamp

What's wrong with that?

God I hope this is b8.

This is like a 5/10 film at best.

Jesus Christ, why so bitter user?

>5/10 at best

lol idiot

The film itself just has way too many flaws to give it more than that, despite its somwhat interesting premise.

Fuck off, idiot.

Name the flaws stupid faggot

You should fuck off right now!
Snowpiercer kino army here!

Everybody in the movie doesn't look or talk like his mom!

>In Elysium Damon fucks things up for everybody
But the space liberals were just hoarding resources to hold lavish parties in their orbital croissant. They aren't depicted working hard for noble purposes, you have no reason to sympathise with them. Earth is shitty to begin with but it can evidently support the people living on it. Damon killing himself to activate universal healthcare is not likely to make things worse for most humans.

For an example, they have this working class of people on the train, but they don't seem to actually do anything but sit around and be poor. Get rid of them and you've solved your problem with population.

Another scene I found stupid was the part where Chris Evans discovers he's been eating bugs and acts disgusted when he's literally eaten human children.

Then there's the positioning of the carts, which is just a minor complaint.

And the entire ending was just fucking retarded.

Those are a few of my complaints.

>space liberals
What was liberal about them? They were practically Ayn Rand reincarnate.

>human children
are delicious you bitch!

eating bugs is gross

but shrimp, lobster, crabs & crawfish are fine

Both were enjoyable. Snowpiercer was much more orignal in style though so it gets my vote for superiority.

>eating bugs is gross
especially if they taste bad

Zero subtlety, and the final act kinda felt like a big nothing. I didn't hate it, but I didn't really like it either. As a follow-up to District 9, it was a letdown.

Agitprop? The Elysium scenario doesn't seem unbelievable at all. I can easily imagine 'the 1%' relocating into a luxury space station staffed entirely by robots while Earth turns to shit before global warming and globalization. If the necessary technology existed, why wouldn't they? It's one of the most well thought out premises for a sci-fi film in a long time.

Hamfisted anti-Capitalist sci-fi power rankings:

>Flick: The Hunger Games
>Movie: Elysium
>Film: Snowpiercer
>KINO: High-Rise

I liked Snowpiercer pretty well until the final act, but High-Rise never loses its sense of humor

>Get rid of them and you've solved your problem with population
>small children are taken away
they keep the population balance cause the upper classes can't fuck fast enough

Not liberal humanists, just liberals. Not really different from classical liberals except their ideology isn't limited to straight white christians.

>global warming
Implying it's real?

>High-Rise
was a mess

That irish leprechaun dude was p cool.

It feels like Elysium was supposed to have a pro immigrant/non-white message but actually shows the opposite. All whites (except Matt Damon) and rich people have left earth to live in a space station, where they've developed miraculous technology. The non-whites left on earth have apparently turned the planet into a giant favela.

Best film I've seen in years

I agree, it's a mess.

Climate change, dustbowl, desertification, aquifer depletion, rising sea levels - all these things have happened in the past from entirely non-human causes or from the effects of primitive human activities on their environment, why can't they happen in the future? there's no need for it to be caused by your F150

Blomkamp can be great when he wants to. He just needs to reign in the social commentary a bit and keep his plots focused

Why do you Sup Forums tards see defectuous b movies as the pinnacle of cinema? You're not smart if you do that.

>good director
>half-rate writer at best
>wastes his whole career on shitty vanity projects

I feel like a whole generation of filmmakers has been poisoned by "auteur theory"

I genuinely liked it. It stuck in my head and I immediately wanted to see it again. And I liked it even more the second time I saw it. That hasn't happened in a while. I'm not trying to impress you

>The non-whites left on earth have apparently turned the planet into a giant favela.
I may have missed a thing or two but isn't Elysium about an oppressive space colony armed with millions of security robots and futuristic artillery denying people on earth freedom, technology and access to earth's resources?

Wagner Moura , do you have a prob seeing the color white?

Elysium wasn't good. It got completely sidetracked with the dumb aussie assassin plot line.

OP is probably aussie shitposter

Completely indoctrinated, won't even try to red pill him.

Watch rec 1, Attack the block and see how a sci fi with a high rise building should be done.

I felt the same way. Felt racist for thinking this.

Rec 1 was very good, but High-Rise is EASILY better than Attack the Block. And I liked Attack the Block just fine.

But it's kind of a tough comparison because High-Rise isn't really driven by action like either of those films, it's more of a dark comedy. At this point you might as well throw in Dredd and The Raid if we're just naming entertaining films set in a high-rise

that's not how you hold a gun

Yea, they rule Earth from space and keep most humans at pleb level.

>why did you guys shit on Elysium

In what alternate universe did this happen

Sony had Blomkamp neutered from the start. Hoping his next work has nothing to do with them.
>sony leaks '14

i'm not a normie so i don't know why, but nerds complain because it was meant to be a Halo movie

You missed the part where the guy running the robot factory is bankrupting himself to keep as many of these plebs employed as he can, despite the fact that his robots are perfectly capable of running the factory without any human oversight, like they run Elysium.

The Elysians are the only people with ethics in the whole damn movie.

Then aren't THEY the people whose actions perpetuate Earth being a giant favela? It isn't logical to blame the people on earth since they're being dicked by Elysium. And despite this, the favela people are actually shown going to work, building tools from scrap, helping their friends and worrying about the state of public health. The people on Elysium order missile strikes on poor people.

>movie about healthcare and class struggle
>avoid socio-political themes

u fukkin wut m8?