/prod/ - Music Production General

>screw you for deleting all those YT links that were once in the OP, I can't find that post anymore EDITION

Post the tracks you're working on, discuss general music production.

Remember to use:
>clyp.it for WIPs
>soundcloud for completed tracks

Stuff:
>Pastebin - Links, books, videos, articles and stuff
pastebin.com/pYGCLu6q

>/prod/ wiki - looking for contributors
mu-sic-production.wikia.com/wiki/Sup Forumssic_Production_Wiki

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/limezns/calle
clyp.it/p1bolqd0
clyp.it/pbmavq4i
clyp.it/gsoeuwsu
clyp.it/5p1iqs0g
clyp.it/e1dgxe3s
clyp.it/0mqlct1t
clyp.it/j2ygw1ci
clyp.it/0cjqogxl
youtube.com/watch?v=GSl8Q9LOpvw
clyp.it/d1ow5fmu
soundcloud.com/kangkahn/first-encounter-feat-hoozy-nillo/s-Pk9vS
clyp.it/jnecwv4q
youtu.be/5CEocRDSXn8?t=134
clyp.it/qk1fvqi2
clyp.it/tbhs3bhk
soundcloud.com/zolton-2/clockin-in-prod-mayor
soundcloud.com/maccoca/mac-coca-air-knight
audionews.org/viewtopic.php?t=176314
clyp.it/ra1f2kwl
clyp.it/gmdffwrf
clyp.it/rugbvuch
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

YEEEE

soundcloud.com/limezns/calle
would really like some criticism on this one, i spent a while on it

Any thoughts on this? How it could be improved?

clyp.it/p1bolqd0

Post examples of your favorite synth sounds, please.

Mann the drums are screwd up i dont like it.
and 7 minuts is way too long nothing to keep me intrested :S

I posted this a few months ago (not that anyone would remember) but I changed some samples/synths up a little bit. Thoughts?
>clyp.it/pbmavq4i

>Post examples of your favorite synth sounds, please.
Pretty much every synth in the link above. I'm a sucker for 80s sounds. SQ8L was a godsend.

These are all nitpick i think its nice so anyways.
1.Kick not loud enough.
2.In 2:15 that sound that hits has no place there it serves no purpose do a fill or something a little melodic out of it.
but yeah thats it

clyp.it/gsoeuwsu
clyp.it/5p1iqs0g

Reposting from last thread since I didn't really get any feedback.
As I said before, completely clueless, don't know how to stop everything from sounding like like watery shite

Well I'm six minutes in and I'm still engaged, so I disagree with on that point, it has a nice atmosphere imo, but I would agree that the drums need a bit more variation

I'm planning to build around this, what do you think?

>clyp.it/e1dgxe3s

I spent maybe half an hour on this idea, fyi. But the production already seems kinda better than usual. Maybe I'm improving without noticing, or my ears are going to shit lol. I'm not sure if the pads would be better with less or more lowpass though.

>Well I'm six minutes in and I'm still engaged
Mann you have alot of free time..
Same douch btw Reposting since didnt got much feedback either
clyp.it/0mqlct1t

Like it very much but i think in 0:09 you hit the wrong chord or something dunno sound a bit off but this got potential

Thanks, that's good. Yeah, I was adding some dissonance, but it may or may not work well enough.

Anything to distract myself from the fact that I have no friends anymore :^)
>>clyp.it/e1dgxe3s
Music to catch AIDS to

>reggae
stopped listening there

>Anything to distract myself from the fact that I have no friends anymore :^)
But man anything then this listening to a 10 min song with bad drumms try drugs or something ^^
Didnt know AIDS sounded so good but srsly its catchy

wip, lots of excuses for shit but fuck it, one doesn't record excuses

pls rape me, anything less doesn't get cummies into scully

clyp.it/j2ygw1ci

Thanks for the feedback. For your second point do you mean the chords that repeat over the second half?

The voice is soo cheesy XDD

I have no money for drugs, and I d-didn't mind the song fuck you!

Sorry my bad its the chord that hits at 0:08.
IDK what key your in and the notes but try to go down after that up chord

Make good music and start selling

Oh, another guy who fell for the lo-fi meme.

>clyp.it/5p1iqs0g
That high pitched sound isn't really mixed well with the rest. At parts like 0:50-1:05 I'd get rid of it or not make the notes so short. The bass is a bit too shitty and farty tbqhwy. Also work on your singing, it's not tight enough.

>0:08

Do you mean 3:08 or something? I'll have another look at the chords throughout, thanks

Damnit got confused with another user thats what happens when you dont sleep at night..
so ye im talking about the chord thing that keeps hiting over and over 2:46 its just meh dosnt do anything

>lo-fi meme
Not really a choice friend

yeah my singing's a bit (very) awful, and the high pitched thing is improvised too so thanks, I wasn't sure what parts to cut out
I like the farty bass, tbqhwy

Haha alright, yeah I see what you mean will have a go at changing it, cheers!

repost after i wanna see what you did!!!

>Oh, another guy who fell for the lo-fi meme.
LOLLLL

PLZZ Feedback guys thx
clyp.it/0mqlct1t

clyp.it/0cjqogxl

Something I've been messing with this morning.

youtube.com/watch?v=GSl8Q9LOpvw

where were you when ableton changed the game forever?

criticize my wip

clyp.it/d1ow5fmu

i kno it's cheesy

what daw do you guys use?

soundcloud.com/kangkahn/first-encounter-feat-hoozy-nillo/s-Pk9vS

Anything I'm not thinking about?

Ableton

FL

cubase

reason

it's the only daw with virtual cv

clyp.it/jnecwv4q

Changed the kick, haven't thought about the chords but added some stuff to the end, any thoughts?

ableton and reaper

pro tools 12

www.synthtopia.com/content/2017/04/.../roland-founder-ikutaro-kakehashi-has-died/

a moment of /prod/ silence is in order

prod is usually silent for more than a moment lmao

loved these two tracks, user
whoever said you should work on your singing just doesn't get it

Thanks very much, I think my singing suits the music pretty well t.bh, I just need to work on not being so horribly flat some of the time

how do you pirate DAWs, will a pirated version of ableton or FL come with the same plugins

tpb & yea

When you playback your music on FL studio, is there any difference in sound when you listen to it from a music player? Everything just sounds more noticeable when using a music player.

Can air Xpand2 work with Linux?

youtu.be/5CEocRDSXn8?t=134

Starting at 2:14 in this, is this just some creative use of an arpeggiator, or is there something else he's possibly doing here to get this sound?

Renoise. If you make music that doesn't require recording real instruments or Ableton's warping its silly to use anything other than a tracker.

>I posted this a few months ago (not that anyone would remember) but I changed some samples/synths up a little bit. Thoughts?
>>clyp.it/pbmavq4i
Anyone?

>is this just some creative use of an arpeggiator
sounds like it, yes

bump

I was the one who replied to this last thread. This has gotten massively worse. Just do yourself a huge favor and ctrl+N

clyp.it/qk1fvqi2

Any advice on improving this?

cuBASED

the voice is cringe but i don't mind the song, i esp like the drums

Ok, so, holy shit. I finished a track! This thing is kind of a two section ordeal, and I'm not entirely sure still how well they fit together. Is there anything that is protrudingly unfitting or abrasive?

clyp.it/tbhs3bhk

soundcloud.com/zolton-2/clockin-in-prod-mayor

Trying to improve mixing and mastering vocals it's all home made lemme know what can be improved/suggestions

read the OP please... /prod/ prefers anons use an anonymous uploader

>Remember to use:
>>clyp.it for WIPs
>>soundcloud for completed tracks
you can only tell people to read the op if that part of the op is actually included

jesus christ this is so good please help how do I into lo-fi that doesn't sound like shit

checked.
>soundcloud for completed tracks
w-what the hell I didn't even notice. Why has this become acceptable? What makes soundcloud somehow a better platform for completed tracks... that doesn't even make any sense. That's bullshit. I don't want these threads to degenerate into SC kiddy shilling more than they already have. Fuck that.

saturation, HPF, and tape emulators. Bitcrushing is for plebs.

that's really cool, got a nice groove
care to name specific vsts you used here?

Lot of fabfilter and uhbik stuff on this one. Every instrument is a sample except for some stuff at the end so I have to spend a lot of time massaging stuff in to place mixwise.
I use battery 4 for drums, and the lead in the house section is an iris 2 that I think is sampling some heron or pelican or some shit.

Thank you for the production suggestions and a mature response lol

soundcloud.com/maccoca/mac-coca-air-knight

>V A P O R W A V E

Is the NI Komplete Kontrol s25 Good?

I'm buying my first midi keyboard. The only thing I'm worried about is limitations due to it being sorta a closed interface. Will it work with VSTI's in some sort of midi mode if the developer didn't put in specific integration with it?

so many clyp with no feedback... has /prod/ ever been this bad?

Personally i reckon you should put more variation in the bassline and the melody.
I know its meant to be prog trance or w/e but it would be nice to hear the melody go somewhere.
Other than that, sounds cool bro

Yeah, its cheesy alright.

Sounds very 80's, i like it.
Better than some simpson wave songs, vocals sound perfect in the midst of the mix

shit man you're hard to satisfy

I'm not too sure about the piano, sounds very tinny.
IMO i would change the rhythm of the melody cause it's very poppy, unless of course that's the style your going for.

I don't think its as bad as this user is making it out to be

Hardstyle REEEEEEEEEEEE

Has anyone tried Reaktor here? I saw a lecture by one of NI guys and it seems to be very intersting VA modular synth stuff. I don't really have the 200 euros for it and it seems a bit of a hassle to pirate, o I wanna know if its worth getting into.

the singing started off good at the start but like user said, it kinda just gets worse and more sloppy towards the end.
Sounds like you did it in one take and just left it

very interesting. cheers senpai

>vocals sound perfect in the midst of the mix
I feel like that's the most difficult thing for me. I usually can't mix vocals to save my life. Good to know I'm improving. Thanks, man.

i know but he was very helpful and specific last thread

For example in the chorus, from 1:33 to 2:08, the vocals sound like they really work with what else is going in the track.
Keep it up.

If you're interested in dsp and making your own tools and are willing to put the work in to learn it, its great. If you have any more specific questions I can probably answer them I've been using Reaktor for years.

Its also really not that difficult to pirate.

haha yeah, it was supposed to be.
I was more interested in technical feedback tho

I guess reduce the volume, cause it's clipping, unless of course your nick colleti, then its fine

Where to buy good patch cables?

I am quite intersted in DSP, I'm just getting into it but I can do stuff in matlab and PD.

I want to know how to get started with Reaktor, as what releases (pirate) i need to get? I see some factory library, some blocks, some other things. I downloaded a release that s apparently just the update, because it failed to install due to no previous installation. I don't really need every single componen, a basic version would be fine to start.

Is there a recommended version/bundle? Any preferred group? I can't find it on my usual scene site, and I'm afraid to try googling untrusted sites.

audionews.org mate its got everything production related. I think registration is open atm.

audionews.org/viewtopic.php?t=176314 thats the version I got

Would you mind critiquing one more? I just finished the arrangement. Still gotta mix it so just ignore that.
>clyp.it/ra1f2kwl

Yeah this sounds bloody nice, honestly there's nothing that jumps out at me as being completely wrong or out of place, in terms of the composition.
A good mix would just solidify the track nicely.
I don't know shit though, so take what i say with a grain of salt.

Thanks, i'll try that one, although some of the commets seem to have issues. Is it working ok for you?

Yeah I remember I had trouble with some of the later versions but that one works fine for me.

I mean I put distortion on some parts on purpose. I don't think it clips everywhere, I have to go see

Rutracker

There shouldn't be a difference unless you're clipping your master which means that information above 0db's will be lost.

Yes kick is much better now but the end part still alittle bit dull come on be creative a little ;)

Is it bad that i cant stop listening to this XD

Some 90's-style House

clyp.it/gmdffwrf

Rate my mixing and mastering pls

clyp.it/rugbvuch