Ex liberal here. not baiting but wanting to know why any non-minority people are still on that sinking ship...

ex liberal here. not baiting but wanting to know why any non-minority people are still on that sinking ship. i get why women/lgbt/immigrants have no other option, and it's sad whats about to happen to them, but one day i just realized its not my problem.

you're a faggot

op here. thats a given.

The older you get the more conservative people become, there's a point in everyones life they start to realize they can't fix the worlds problems by complaining and expecting someone else to do it.

exactly. the world is too big to change and trying to is pointless. learning how to get by in it is much better.

mostly there culture and they want to make a difference so they get scooped up by the left and indoctrinated and emotionally invested.
also the fuck is that.

its sad really. on a primordial level i understand what they think they're doing. but theyve gotten so caught up in their pagentry and sanctimonious bullshit that all they do is become a negative inverse of the same bullshit they rail against.

All I want in life is to be left alone and enjoy myself without dipshits screaming at me that the things I like are evil.

Wasps eating a peach.

only problem with that is evil, enjoyment, and dipshits are all subjective.

no matter what you are or what you do there are people out there that believe you're part of the problem and the solution is to get rid of you.

If everyone had that mindset we would still be in the dark ages.

What do you mean by ex liberal?Theres a bit of a civil war going on in the left right now. Regressive whiners bitching at everyone and people like me who are sick of their shit. Are you like me or do you consider yourself conservative?

are we really any better off now? anything we invent, no matter how altruistic the cause just becomes another way to fuck with eachother. it only took us a couple decades before we were mounting guns and armor to horseless carriages. same with planes. same with rockets. same with the internet. face it. we just made our caves stand out in the rain and our spears fly further and do more damage. that's not a bad thing, but our obsession with arts and culture isn't progress, its just distraction from the truth.

Just want to go camping, drink and talk shit amongst friends after work, but because I don't care about about lgbtpxyz or jump on the latest bandwagon I'm the bad guy, leftists can get fucked.

i have no clue what i consider myself anymore. I got tired of seeing people on the left behaving the same way as the people the claim they're better than. treating people that werent as "oppressed" as themselves as what they called allies, but that's just asswipe talk for seperate but equal.

the right does this too, so i wouldnt consider myself part of that group either. im just out.

OP here. I agree. it felt like no matter what i did or said, it didnt matter and I wasnt being supportive enough because i wasnt part of any minority championed by the left.

I dont think anyone should be judged by anything besides what they decide to do or say. That also means nobody gets a free pass either.

Except everyone can do awfully lot with spreading informative information and not voting idiots as presidents and so on and so on.

Of course if we still die in a nuclear winter, you can at least say it's not your fault that everyone else is stupid as fuck. And other thing people don't seem to realize is that start to be wise with the money. Most organisations wither faster than you can say fuck, if you don't support them monaterally. Of course you are fucked, if you don't want to buy products from Nestle, but to be honest.... Most likely you have been a part in the problem of companies becoming too big and in other issues X.

Fuck yeah, we're better off now you stupid cunt. Medical technology saves thousands of lives every day, and has probably saved yours more than once. We have a better and ever expanding knowledge of the world around us, and society has certainly become a hell of a lot better and more accepting. We even landed people on the moon, for fucks sake. And all of this was only possible because of people who actually got off their asses and dared to make a difference in the world. Your entire way of life was built by those people.

You and I are more alike than you think.

And yes I consider myself liberal

>not voting idiots as presidents
Lucky that Hillary didn't get in then. If you really want to do something to improve your community just spreading "informative information" isn't the way to do it, you sound like an edgy teen that smokes too much weed. Go join your local volunteer firefighters, join a wildlife group that takes care of injured animals, actually going out and helping people in need is what needs to be done.

not that guy, but you have a point. i could be putting myself out there to help the world in ways that don't just serve my own subjective worldview.

Let's make an hypothetical example. You join in firefighters, you save people, good. At the same time you go to a market and buy 10 cheap t-shirts that are from some huge chain store, since they are cheap. Chances are those shirts are from factory that don't give a shit about human rights and you just supported a huge part of global enslavement, which is pretty bad.

What I'm trying to say here is that do what you want to do, join firefighters if you really want to concretely help, but be wise in a small decisions, especially with money. By being informative, I meant that look behind the scenes to know what you are either talking about or spending your money on. For example I bet that most people don't even know what agendas Trump or Hillary are even driving for. I wouldn't vote either of them since I don't know what I would be voting for. Also they both seem to be completely retarded from those few clips I've seen them to speak.

Personally been doing volunteer work for various groups for the past ten years and it amuses me greatly when people say I don't do anything to help people, shitposting the latest trends on social media isn't help. These kinds of people need to do something with their life and actually go out to help people in need.

Because the alternative are war-mongering nation destroying debt-diving money-grubbing rich white men who have appealed to the idiots on the religious right so long that they've lost control of their party and they've somehow elected a turd with a toupee as our president.

I hope he does well, but MAAAAN it's not looking like it.

Pay your taxes and we're cool.

*autistic screeching

>not baiting
If you have to say it, it's not true. That said, I voted for Jill, because the problem with the democratic party is that they're indistinguishable from the republican party. And the problem with the republican party is that neoclassical economics is a waste of time.

>are we really any better off now?
Yes

> anything we invent, no matter how altruistic the cause just becomes another way to fuck with eachother.

Air conditioning? The polio vaccine?

>it only took us a couple decades before we were mounting guns and armor to horseless carriages.

And a couple decades after that we went to the moon.

>same with the internet.

Shiiiiit, where's my gun-mounted Internet?

> face it. we just made our caves stand out in the rain and our spears fly further and do more damage.

Half of us. Sure. Yeah, I'd agree that about half of us are still giving into that primitive animalistic monkey-brain which tells them to operate on fear and that they need really big guns to feel safe at night.

The other half are desperately trying to drag those knuckle-draggers into modern society.

>but our obsession with arts and culture isn't progress, its just distraction from the truth.

Pft, what truth? Sure they're distractions, but the technological improvements ARE progress. Despite the dumb fuckers immediately trying to use them for war.

And hey, nukes have made a mad MAD world and so far it's worked. Developed nations don't go to war anymore. YAY!

I can spend my money on whatever the fuck I like. I'm not the one forcing children to work in sweatshops. Not only that but I'm not personally responsible for all the problems in the world.

Subjective view. Landing on the moon is technical triumph, but has little meaning in single citizen life. Medical technologies save hundreds of a thousands every day, which is the reason we are heavily populated nowadays. weapon technology certainly has made some people a lot more miserably I would say and that's only possible because people actually got off their asses and went to fly robotic drone to shoot some more people.

I mean it's just different times with different issues. People today just keep on exploding on other people, while others drink water directly from river and suffer arsenic poisonings. Pollution has gotten to a point where millions of fishes die from single "accidents" from a factory. Politicians play their own games, while renewing nuclear plants are shackled in old technology which is why fukushima incidents happen.

>whats about to happen to them

What exactly is about to happen to 'them?'

>it felt like no matter what i did or said, it didnt matter

Pft, like ANY of those hill-billies will get ANY sort of legislature that actually helps them. The GOP doesn't give a fuck about abortion, talking about it just gets them votes.

>and I wasnt being supportive enough because i wasnt part of any minority championed by the left.

Eh, yeah, fuck those appologists in the left. Anyone claiming anyone else isn't supportive ENOUGH is a fucking retard.

And liberals certainly have their fair share of retards. The nanny-state sort that want to outlaw pop because it has so much sugar are fucking posion. And those pretending that transgendered fuckwits can dictate what others call them are delusional.

But you called them "the left". What sort of liberal does that?

>>not voting idiots as presidents
>Lucky that Hillary didn't get in then.
She's a weasely business-as-usual politician who assuredly lied and brokered her way into her position. But she's not stupid. Get your talking points in order.

The quicker Obama signs a executive action to tax every white person 10% and give it directly to black and mexican people as reparations, the quicker our precious nation can heal. Every white citizen needs to be taxed regardless of whether they are working or on disability or unemployment for this to work.

>I can spend my money on whatever the fuck I like.

Unless it's cocaine, fissionable material, or thought-crime material.

>I'm not the one forcing children to work in sweatshops.
Right, not forcing. You're the one encouraging it. Paying for it. Supporting it.

On the flip-side, does that other guy think NOT buying the goods from a poor-as-shit nation are going to improve the lives of those sweatshop children?

>Not only that but I'm not personally responsible for all the problems in the world.

It'd be great if the GOP stopped trying to police the world then.

Fair point, I'd definitely say she's weasled her way into and.out of a lot of trouble. Sadly she'll never be held accountable for her actions like any normal person.

>Sadly she'll never be held accountable for her actions like any normal person.
the super-rich hardly ever do.

Welcome to "high law".

It's like how fundamentalist Christians became the core of the Republican party that's really about liberty and freedom, the progressive party which is about equality got hijacked by political correctness.

I just want progressive tax schemes and a future that means more opportunities/wealth/freedom for all, not just the elite, fam

>does that other guy think NOT buying the goods from a poor-as-shit nation are going to improve the lives of those sweatshop children?

This is really good point. But here's the deal. If you buy foreign product and have choice between paying more for reasonable company that isn't basically enslavery; would you do it? That's the main point it boils down to. Buying from massive chain store surely won't change the current state in this matter.

Oops, I forgot to als omention that expensive product can just as likely be from sweatshop as cheap one. It's just really case by case thing where the product happens to come from.

Yeah, I'm saying I'm not sure which one is more ethical.

You can either buy from a rich boy working 30 hours and getting benefits while he bitches about 20% income tax or you can buy from China, whose standards of living have quadrupled in the last 20 years. Seriously, life has gotten SO MUCH better in China. And that's the bulk of humanity right there.

Turns out money fixes shit and makes you happy. Now, they had to WORK for it. How terrible. But China now has some middle class rather than endless waves of dirt-poor rice farmers.

>cocaine, fissionable material or thought crime material
I can and.I will, just to spite you.
>I'm just supporting it
I have no problem with kids working slave labour jobs, where else would I get my Guy Fawks mask.
>would be great if the GOP stopped policing the world
That would be great, it would make it so much easier for my terrorist friends to get that fissionable material across the border.

As a spic, I don't like them either

True enough. But isn't China living in an insane economical bubble at the moment? Also you have to understand that western world lives under very strict rules when it comes to pollution and minimal wages, so local products have very good reason to be more expensive than asian counterparts. Usually this results in quality product, but jews are everywhere.

Also, when it comes to sweatshop. I don't see how they are ethical in any aspect. The main ideology is to have cheapest possible workforce to pocket most of the money from product that's price is under the supposed minimal price. I know the standards of living have risen in many countries, but on the hindsight the bipolar nature has as well. Poorest people are more poor than ever and pollution is making the worst condition even worse.

Of course buying from local minimal wage worker probably goes about same price than high waged asian worker, but these are decisions you have to make yourself. My main point was to say that be informative about how you spent and base your ethical factor on that.

And well..... the biggest issue I suppose is that people don't care. I mean I can get cheapest shirt if I want right? It's not _my_ issue if it comes from worker that probably has no health security or who has to buy water from nestle, since ground water is undrinkable.

fuck that

im a POC/minority and i jumped ship several years ago when they started diggin with identity politics.

i dont agree with probably 40% of the republican policy but the left has become way too rabid nowadays. now i just vote straight down republican ticket

the democrats are turning away a lot of moderate non-whites with their constant whining and bullshit

if youre young and conservative, you dont have a heart
if your old and liberal, you dont have a brain

> it's sad whats about to happen to them
Aw shit, I'm a queer ftm trans from mexico, what's gonna happen?

What kind of horrible person are you, vote Democratic and well provide gibmedats so you'll never have to work a.day.in your life.

>kids working slave labor
>picture shows some punk/hipster dude complete with tattoos

just because you buy something that directly runs or supports some sort of extortion group or enslavement group doesn't mean you are doing so on your own accord. You need to understand the difference between being innocent in ingnorance and actually being a supporter of something. Don't confuse someone who didn't know what they were doing with someone who knows what they're doing and does it anyways.

Funny how that kid has bought tattoos, but still paint in a fucking particle mask. Even if he's using acrylic paint, I would be sure to force someone to get better mask in there or buy one myself.

OP here, heading to bed but thanks for the responses. Might be the most level headed discussion i've seen regarding politics on Sup Forums ever, and ive been here since 2006. it's been a pleasure, thanks.

>thinking that one guy is the only person that works there
>not knowing guy fawks masks are made in sweatshops in shitty south american countries

Was expecting more shitposting, don't think we'll see another thread like this on Sup Forums. Now goodnight faggot OP.

obvious libertarian here but...
>cocaine (none of your goddamn business) fissionable material (scary shit, but you can just dig out of the ground in the right area), thought crime material (vague, but pr0obably also none of your goddamn business)
>support slave labour or don't. your dollar, as insignificant as it seems, is the most powerful vote you have, even if you're poor or poor-ish

That's why I said that you should be informative. I'm not confusing anything, here am I? If you are against big issues in the world, you can make a difference yourself by not buying into products that are from dubious source or from company which ideals you don't support. You can make your own research and tell people informative facts about, for example the past presidental debate and encourage people to vote only by face value. It might not ever work, but at least every single one can make an effort to change the main ideal that seems to be "a single person can't do anything", which isn't really true. Not everyone can do as much as some people do, and why should they? Everyone has their own lives to live besides trying to save the entire world, but being ignorant about issues is kinda dumb, no?

>even if you're poor or poor-ish

Only that poor don't get to vote in this game. Especially in the poorest countries, where you might be shackled into buying from companies that basically are enslaving the market by giving any price they want to weed out the competition.

I agree with those points, pardon the.pun but what I spend my money on is no ones business but mine. If I want something and can afford it, anonfag has no business telling me that's right or wrong.

Except it's everyone's business what you spent your money on. Where you put your money in affects the way I live, so fuck you if you buy coke and make sure dealers are on the streets because they make money out of you. You cheeky bastard.

>I buy fish and chips for lunch
>it's everyones business
Yeah nah, get fucked.

this is liberty in effect, and i agree
your concerns are barely valid, if at all. the bigger concern here is that you agree with the government deciding on who buys what, who reads which book, who bone who. I'm sure you agree with the very rigid terms of the current conservative administration, but wait until times change and theyre coming after you
authoritarianism is hot in america right now, but those of us who believe in liberty are still here too. we might even be friends irl but if they throw anti authoritarian / strong liberty folks like me in jail no one really wins, it's just stalinism all over again. under stand tht in most arenas we tell the government what to do, not vice versa, and they should be scared because they're taking our money like it's cool

ahahahahahahaha

in soviet Russia, government UNELECT YOU

You buy fish and chips for lunch, it means it sells, it means they will sell it as lunch next day. I don't like fish and chips. Yeah, I'm fucked right there.

What the fuck are you talking about.

the thumbnail made me believe bees had extraterrestrial powers

I know is bait but sadly so many people believe the president has this kind of power. They make such a big deal out of who is running the administration when the combined bodies of congress wield more power.