Why do Amer(fat)icans think this?

It's just a meme

it's not that hard

pic related, works perfectly

It is a meme you dip.

No, it's a meme.

No

I guess so

Of course it fucking is, you autistic retard. Just kill yourself.

fuck no

I'd be too impressed by you getting past the guard towers to be weirded out honestly

Yes, get out creep before my gf and I shoot spitwads at you.

>tfw my falcon was swallowed whole by the popcorn pit worm

Oh look, it's this thread again.

*grabs you by the throat*

do that to me irl and see what fucking happens

M E M E S

not in big european cities

no single policies here

I go alone at least 1/week, just after working, nothing wrong with that

Having worked at a theater, you'll get judged hard if you go to a movie alone on a weekday evening or the weekend. Especially if you look like your typical flabby Sup Forums neckbeard, as any female or attractive male who buys a single ticket will assumed to just be meeting friends who arrived beforehand.

Now, if you go see something on a weekday afternoon, that's perfectly fine, since we'll just assume you decided to blow off work and didn't have any friends available.

If there is a movie I'm really interested in, I go alone. It's not that fucking hard. You buy a ticket, buy your snacks, take your seat and enjoy the movie.

I hate going with other people because they initiate unnecessary conversations during the movie which is fucking distracting.

>Implying I haven't done it irl several times to a bunch of greasy neckbeards

We got this one really bad during John Wick, the back of his head looked like a Christmas tree all decorated and you could tell he felt it but he never even turned around. It was hilarious.

I never found this to be the case when I worked at one. Evenings and weekends you're too busy to give a damn about who's in front of you buying a ticket so you barely take notice.

In fact the vast majority of singles who came through the place while I was there were single women in their mid-20s.

Why do you always think it's americans, you pickle eating aghead?

No, but it is weird to call it "the cinema".

It's how the Brits say it

And Brits are weird disgusting pasty yellowtoothed mole people.

Excuse me?

Indeed we are.

I went to watch The Nice Guys and it was just me and like 4 other couples

when one of them was about to sit in my row the guy said "let's sit there so no one can see what we're gonna do hehe" right when passing next to me, I got mad and let out a sarcastic pissed off laugh at them. Later another couple sat next to them, I thought they probably felt cucked out of doing anything lewd but the guy was breathing heavily at times so who knows

met my future wife at the cinema - going solo - no regrets

Shoulda whipped it out mane

>dat punchline
Perfectly executed

>going to the cinema at all

just watch out for the shooter

I don't live in Europe so I should be okay.

But user, I AM the shooter!

Depends on the movie.
Summer blockbusters/brodude comedy movie by yourself= LOOK AT THAT LOSER LOL
Artsy or foreing film by yourself=you probably share the room with a bunch of lonely neckbeards and hipsters
Late night/morning showing=probably safe
Animated movie by yourself=pedo alert

Everyone report this dumb faggot's post to the FBI and INTERPOL.

ayy

>Having worked at a theater, you'll get judged hard

Anyone who works at a movie theater shouldn't be judging anyone.

It's a job they give to teenagers and the mentally handicapped.

if you want to see the new ghostbusters, you're going to have to

do the staff laugh and sneer at you

>Animated movie by yourself=pedo alert
>mfw I drag my niece to kids movies she doesn't want to see so that people don't think I'm a nonce

who gives a shit what a bunch of people working minimum wage think of you? you people really need to get over yourselves

>buy your snacks

Fucking americans

>Artsy or foreing film by yourself=you probably share the room with a bunch of lonely neckbeards and hipsters

this is what applies to me

I bet they even leave a tip and applaud when the film ends.

Well, you have it tip the ticket ripper. That's just common courtesy. We even do that in my country.

Word.

Yeah that's the difference for me

I wouldn't go see a blockbuster type film on my own, but when it's like a classic re-issue or some kind of event where there's a q+a or introduction from an academic I don't mind going on my own, I'd say more people are on their own compared to with people them

Are there people who seriously do this?

Do you people go to amusement parks alone too?

Comedies are really the only genre of film where I would actively seek out other people to go with. Horrors also, possibly. I think the shared experience can generally elevate them.

>single women in their mid-20s.

Did you hit that shit with your employee discounts?

>foreing

topkek

chicks love getting into movies for free bro, let me tell ya

You're going to sit in a dark room, and quietly watch a film for 2 hours. Tell me, do you really need to have friends with you for that?

Plus 50% off the snack bar. Amirite?

whaat