WE

WE

Other urls found in this thread:

nfsa.gov.au/preservation/handbook/base-polymers-and-decomposition/film-base-polymers/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cellulose_acetate_film#Decay_and_the_.22vinegar_syndrome.22
youtube.com/watch?v=yN-Z5OaOGDA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

WUZ

Someone's twitter feed doesn't and shouldn't count as television/film

Here's your (you) sage and move on

What point is he trying to make? Slaves are responsible for film now?

A
STALE
REDDIT-TIER
CIRCLEJERK
MEME

lmao cucks sjws what did he mean by his fucking problem

They do realize that like make wagecuck jobs today, that cotton picking would've been automized and they would've been sold off to another nation to live in poverty forever if we had not let them free right?

Damn for a minute I thought that was a screen grab of Scatman Crothers in The Shining and I rolled my eyes at yet another wildly wrong theory.

WE WUZ SLAVES

I dont think he means it like that

its just weird that its made from cotton, stop with this race-bait shit

>Wow! I had no idea

REALLY MAKES YOU ________ .

>Cameron Bailey

Why do niggers always have whiteman or arab names. I have respect for the ones called Bgokxbbab

>"we" enslaved you
>but you should be grateful because "we" eventually let you go
How about just acknowledging slavery was bad and moving on? What part of you thinks it's easier or better to just dismiss the entire thing as not that bad or a good thing in the long run?

High School reading comprehension required for that tweet user.

Go read through his twitter feed and then come back and say "I don't think he means it like that"

Blacks were enslaved by other blacks and brought to America on ships owned by Jews. The amount of Americans who actually owned slaves was some number in the low single digit percentages. White people didn't invent slavery but they fucking ended it. At least in all nations with Western values, countries without the benefit of being overseen by Europeans and operating with Western values still practice slavery today.

>and moving on?
"we" have and dont deny that although slavery is bad you were better off as slaves in america than a slave in africa

There's more white slaves today (July 12th) than there have ever been black slaves in the United States.

>How about just acknowledging slavery was bad and moving on?
>and moving on
>moving on

Nobody will ever "move on"
It's a game of goalposts. The Oppressed are never satisfied, otherwise they'd cease to be the Oppressed, and where would they be then?

Better to simply not play the game at all.

>Tracey Nolan

Who is this nigger?

the director of TIFF

doesn't count, they're white, they still have their white privilege over their nigger owners

>nigger owners
Niggers can't own slaves. It's a mathematical certainty of the universe. Fuck, last week we found out they can't even outwit radio control vehicles.

I know this is autistic, but since I study plastics and textiles
>celluloid
>made of cotton
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE etc.

t. libertarian NEETcuck virgin

WE BUILT THIZ SHIIZNEET

DA HOLE WORL RUN ON COTTON

HAHAHA

Fuck this genuinely got me good. Stupid fucking niggers

Fuck off nigger

Jesus fuck, you only have to type "celluloid" into google to see how utterly fucking wrong this stupid, greasy nigger is.

He said he studies textiles though

Dudes not even American.

Television

and

F
i
l
m

nfsa.gov.au/preservation/handbook/base-polymers-and-decomposition/film-base-polymers/

>"This was the original film base material that was used from 1895 to approximately 1950. Cellulose nitrate was manufactured using cotton linters, a by-product of the cotton industry, that were reacted with a mixture of nitric and sulphuric acids."

it's stupid that i have to use the same board as people who don't know anything about the medium of film

>.au

first celluloid company was build in 1890, how many slaves where there who picked cotton at this time?

WHO'S THE STUPID GREASY NIGGER NOW?

Americucks doing it wrong, cut the fucking middle man and start making it with niggers.

>These are produced from a cellulose starting material, the most common being wood fibres. The fibres are reacted with a mixture of acetic compounds and sulfuric acid to connect the acetyl groups to the cellulose skeleton.
>the most common being wood fibres
Cellulose is a carbohydrate, found in most vegetable matter. You can make cellulose out of many different things, cotton being one of them, but also: hemp, wood, and a variety of other plants. At least read into what you're posting, before posting it
>the city of you

The one that can't read or basic history

>mfw

AW HEEEEELLLL NAWWWWWW, YOU GOTTA BE SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT...

...ING ME!

Do black people think that white people hadn't developed a method of gathering cotton until slaves came along to show us how to do it?

>"The fiber is almost pure cellulose" - Cotton wiki
celluloid is made from Nitrocellulose

now what % of worldwide cellulose production goes on to make Nitrocellulose? probably not much, and what % of worldwide Nitrocellulose production is used for film? again probably not much, and what % of worldwide cellulose production uses cotton instead of wood or other plan material again probably not much

Shhhh we wuz pioneers

around the time that celluloid started to become a hot commodity (the 1890s on) was when an invasive species fucked up the cotton industry in the united states. so yeah, a lot of the cotton used in nitrate film from early hollywood would be coming from african or south american countries

not that it's really related to what you wrote i just thought i'd tell you

There are afrocentric people that literally believe that Africans invented bathing

i wonder if what the hell film was really made out of, i wish there was a "how it's made" from 1910 or whatever. is it really just random wood fibers and stuff?

i'm glad we could all learn some stuff in this thread today

You ever been near a black person? 8,000 years of not bathing means they smell pretty funky.

>wow I just realized so much shit today is made at the expense of modern day slaves but also cotton was sorta used for film over 100 years ago also after slavery was abolished in this country, really makes you think......

>Tracey Nolan
BRAVO

>cotton

but it's not made from cotton.

On the real I don't get why some black have that distinct black person smell.

Why are niggers so stupid?

wtf i love celluloid now

It's the smell of cocoa butter and fried chicken.

I find it hard to tell the difference between Armond and Denzel but having lived in Atlanta I know that smell of a black instantly.

Icelander here. Is this true? Niggers smell bad?

What distinct smell? All they smell like is sweat.

It's weird that you can't differentiate them since that typically comes from being exposed to a lot a black people or really just people in general.

Were you OTP?

Like a wet diaper.

you should also read what you are copying and pasting, you're describing a type of film that is different from the one i described.

in case you didn't know, in the history of film production, there have been many different 'standards' for the composition and design of film bases. 'nitrate film' was manufactured using some by-products of the cotton industry apparently, which is what we're discussing in this thread. 'acetate film', which is what you're describing in your post, wasn't brought into widespread use in the motion picture industry until 1948.

the history of film base and the film industry is pretty interesting if y'all ever wanna read about it. it's why so many of the films made before ~1950 are now lost forever.

Not all the time but sometimes black people have this weird distinct musk about them

that is a really cool profile picture. am i the only one that thinks that?

do they store nitrate film in salt mines because of that? Or is that another kind of film

Yeah I like that technique of photography (if it's even an actual technique)

Chinamen, Chimps and cats all look the same to me too.

the war was lost

It's like he's a businessman. But he's also in touch with African landscape (except he's probably never been there or speaks their language)

I get where you're coming from, it's just a matter of not learning to distinguish features between different ethnicities. It's like how babies can learn to distinguish chimps and stuff like that

I think he just got a cool shot of the reflection of the window

Yeah, most likely. I don't doubt that blacks, cats and chinese are the same vice versa

oh yeah that's one of the places film is stored, i think that's more for 'acetate' and 'nitrate' film than the modern polyester kind.

the reason being, according to my understanding, that ambient humidity and heat will accelerate the process of the film separating into its more base elements. i totally explained that in a stupid way, here just read this en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cellulose_acetate_film#Decay_and_the_.22vinegar_syndrome.22

this isn't as much of a problem with modern film.

the really cool thing about nitrate and acetate films is that even when they look like they're totally beyond repair, there's still a lot of work that can be done to save them depending on what kind of material you have access to.

if you have time this is a really awesome way to get a basic idea of film preservation and the challenges that we face today. it's a little bit boring at first but once they get into it (~15 minutes) it's pretty cool.

also thanks for seriously responding to me

I'm pretty sure asians think all white people look alike

what did he mean by this?

Is there some sort of significance that this piece of trivia holds eluding me?

What are they implying?

in my city they all smell like this

youtube.com/watch?v=yN-Z5OaOGDA

forgot my damn second link

That modern black actors are just like... slaves, man, working for the white man.

Communist revolution now!

So what Donnie Darko is saying is that cotton is black culture.

Regarding the restoration process in remember on the TWBB bluray they had some actual film from that era that they touched up and it looks like it was shot today it's pretty cool.

I feel like even though we have standards for video today they'll eventually become obsolete and we'll lose a lot of footage and whatnot even though we have this idea that everything is permanent which results in us letting our guard down and things just kinda slip by us.

Also no problem, I don't really discuss things seriously on Sup Forums but I'm vaguely interested in this kinda stuff

I'm on mobile right now so I can't watch the vid but I favorited and I'll be sure to check it out.
Thanks!

slavery was not bad for the owners. it was cruel and morally wrong but economically its was a good idea. its one of those things that suck if it happens to you but is good when it happens to others but since we now live under the golden rule we can't risk it.

He had a blast though :)

>what did he mean by this?

he meant he is an angry reddit faggot

>its just weird that its made from cotton,

Celluloid isn't made from cotton idiot

I think it's so funny when niggers dress up in suits for their twitter pictures and profile pictures. It's like those Indians who wear top hats and cumberbunds because they think it makes them dignified. And it's entirely because they saw white people wear them, and they stole it from them after raping and killing them.

Blacks are the new native americans. Just downright savage animals.

ah, that's actually the saddest thing. we kinda fucked over the film industry in the transition to digital when it was our best bet for the future.

files sitting on a hard drive right now are much more volatile than the reels of polyester film sitting in a controlled vault. they literally have a lifespan of a century, if not centuries. they look amazing and it's just a totally different way of storing information. a pixel is not the same as a pigment with light being emitted through it.

i've been fortunate enough to see dozens of film screenings over the past few years and it's staggering how different it is as an experience. i hope that it is something we can all enjoy together for future.

if you have the ability to, i urge you to attend local screenings. it's kind of wonky finding them but something like " film screenings" in google is a good start.

cheers

it's true tho

so were cameras and light bulbs. The white house is 78% cotton.

Yes, exactly. They say this whole country was built by blacks, so why not film too.

>be white in the United States of African-America, 2026
>walking home from work
>enter store
>raise Black Power fist to the clerk
>say “Black Lives Matter”
>he returns customary salute and greeting
>I start browsing for chips
>see pretty blonde up the aisle
>get bold and decide to talk to her
>ask for her number
>other people in the store are watching us
>her: “I d-don’t think white people are allowed to date each other”
>me: “technically it’s not illegal yet”
>she looks around at all the eyes on us
>her: ”W-well it should be! Black lives matter!”
>she moves to another aisle
>now everyone is eyeballing me angrily
>get nervous and make my way to the counter
>older white gentleman enters store
>says nothing
>clerk raises fist and says “Black lives matter”
>white guy walks past and starts browsing
>customers get nervous
>clerk gets furious
>white guy finally looks at the clerk and says “All lives matter”
>hear “ohhhhhhhhhh shit” from all over the store
>I turn around and put my chips back on the shelf
>all the blacks in the store crowd around older white guy
>”Th-that includes black lives!”
>”dis racist muh-fuh”
>his last words are “I mean you people no disrespect.”
>now I sprint to the door
>I really want to help the poor fool, but I also want to live
>run out the door and into a pair of cops
>”Whoa whoa, easy white boy. You forgot to salute as you exited this business.”
>I tell them a guy is being murdered in the store
>cops look inside
>”Citizen, that’s just a white man. So are you. Go home. It’s nearly your curfew. That in there is none of your concern.”
>start to walk home
>oh fuck, I forgot again
>turn around and salute and say “Black lives matter”
>”Don’t you forget it again,” cop says
>Lucky he didn’t ticket or arrest me

I thought horse hooves went into celluloid, and that's why vegans won't watch movies.

call it what it is
cultural appropriation

What did he mean by this?