Best way to give up alcohol?

Best way to give up alcohol?
Afraid of loosing my job friends and my sanity!
Drinking solid since Christmas. my mind i's shot, appetite gone, body distressed. Only 27. Do I need medical attention?

Other urls found in this thread:

psychedelicfrontier.com/psilocybin-alcoholism/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Get blood/urine work done at least. Living with parents/leaving my job helped. Then again I was only a social drinker.

If you were "only a social drinker" you wouldn't have had to quit your job and move in with your parents

Hahahahah drinking solid from xmas.......you pussy.... i have known ppl who have drunk to excess everyday for up to ten years ....they dealt with it. Fkn pussy

Oh that was unrelated. I graduated and moved to a diff state with them. Lost my social drinking group so it was like, "guess i'm a neet now."

>Only 27. Do I need medical attention?

i doubt it

Some yummy nutritious magic mushrooms could be your saving grace, science says they help with addictions and depression...psychedelicfrontier.com/psilocybin-alcoholism/

Try not drinking for a while and see if that helps.

>Alcohol is bad for you
> Admits Drinking to much
> Do I need medical attention?

The answer is yes op and a way to break the addiction start working out it worked for me.

2,555 days straight for me

>27 years old.
>functional alchy but in no means successful
>recently (past 6 months) started having some serious physical health issues. reversable. but still suck.

spend about 300-600 a month on poisoning my body. more usually.

drunk right now. had a pint of whiskey did almost nothing now im squeezing the remains of a boxed wine into my mouth because i'm such a lush

>been here since 2007

ask me anyhting Sup Forumsros

folders are extensive /r/ welcome

this guy is right proper. like i said ^^^ i've been drinking heavy pretty much every night for 2,555 days

was recently to the doctor months back. was read for bad news. they said i was fine. literally told the doctor BULLSHIT!>?
he then showed me the paperwork. an said i was healthy. i dont fucking believe him

just gonna bump till folks reply

extensive folders on all things nude what you want me to post?

If you want a real and honest answer, if you're feeling withdrawal symptoms when you stop or if you frequent blacking out, you should find a Detox center. Doesn't matter how old you are, alcohol withdrawals are the only drug/drink withdrawals that can actually kill you besides benzos (xanax, etc.)
Alcoholism/addiction in general is more of a mental problem than a physical one. But the physical addiction to whatever your drink/drug of choice is, has to be the first thing to go.

I'm coming up on a year clean & sober from alcohol and heroin myself.

Wait till you get acute pancreatitis I was doing the same thing you where doctors told me I was healthy then bang. In hospital for 7 days I still drink my pancreas is back to normal. But them 7 days felt like death they pumped so much morphine in me I'm surprised I'm not brain dead.

this guy doesn't know what he's talking of. he knows more of heroine though. i only tried it once. it was neat. i don't recommend trying it

i've been through the same with no hospital or doctors.
i'm stubborn and strong. i couldn't almost stand up at work the other day. i pushed through. no one noticed.
i drink so much my joints almost unbearably could stand it. i wanted to collapse. every step was excruciating. anyone else would have went home. but i'll be damned if i miss a day of work because my dumb ass drank too much

This post is me right now. Falling asleep at work as i write this. So sick of drink.

always makes me laugh when children try to compare their weak ass problems to REAL problems.

i sit here a wiser man than you, offering you the realest advice you'll ever obtain and you mock me, a man you know not, and without knowledge dismiss me as a lesser
who
is
the
child?

i was commending, but guess that response ruled that out.

thread is die without me

have a swell night homie

You can die from acute pancreatitis with just a bite to eat user if you ever think you got it go to the hospital it's a medical emergency. I'm Australian so hospital here is free of charge I guess that's a plus for me.

im fucked up my bad. either way were done

i love you

take care
make peace with the other dimensional beings.
stop staring at screens and grow trees

Since Christmas? Ive drank extensively everyday for the last 5 or 6 years. I wouldn't suggest it by any means it's a dumb fucking thing to do, but how are you breaking down already?

Are you a wizard?

I drink every single day
I have a steady job and save money
Only worries are that without alcohol life is incredibly boring
and i Know its true

O my sides

yeah kinda

AMA

amen sir.

amen

Before the Christmas I've bin drinking. I don't give a fuck about your friends

drank 22oz Heineken and 40oz of god like HURRICANE HIGH GRAVITY and maybe like 5 shots of whiskey

Cheers

Some of y'all might give me flak but honestly the stopdrinking sub in reddit has helped me tremendously. You can get a badge that automatically updates the number of days you've been sober according to when you set your own sobriety date. Seeing the number go up is a huge motivator. And the community there is freakin awesomely supportive.

Recovering alcoholic-fag here myself.

I need benzoz man

If you don't have a history of alcohol withdrawal, then you will be fine. If you do have a history with it, and you have been drinking without eating, taper off. The hospital is only for people who have been drinking to blackout every day for years. They get seizures and delirium tremens, and even the majority of people who get that don't die. My advice, don't be a pussy.

Alcohol abuse takes a long time to catch up with you. You can go for 30 plus years before your liver gives up.

The human body is tough.

i know! exactly!

i need to stop soon however
coming up on 3,000 days straight

not good

Yeah.. well, jeez.. I dunno. Have you tried NOT DRINKING?

>doctors it is then.... I need to stop this rattling in my hands and this fucking anxiety. Fuckin crazy dreams. Delirium tremmons. Or what the fuck there called

He was obviously giving you respect you stupid drunk fuck.

You're definitely not high functioning.

Ok dude thanks for the information. It's just that I have work tomorrow and I don't know if I'll be able to do it. But I need to go in. Will the doctors give me valium? I've never asked before.

>don't attempt detox from any substance without medical supervision

Especially shit like alcohol, benzos, heroin. Heroin maybe you can get away with, withdrawal from it won't actually kill you, (though yes, dehydration can), but alcohol and benzo withdrawal can be very dangerous.
>inb4 heart attack
>inb4 organ failure

As far as support for after, idk, AA is sorta bullshit, probably easier and more effective getting daily support from forums/family.

yup

it's tough man i'll tell you what
can't sleep
the sweats. intense like you were working out hella hard but just going through daily activities
social anxiety like a motherfucker

and the drink.
well it just makes you feel right, normal. at ease

These fags are right on the money

>heroin withdrawal won't kill you
are you actually retarded?

i'll be fine thanks

i refuse the right to all medical treatment

Thanks dude. Think doctors is the only hope. Don't want to be a pushy but...here I am

it's an overdose that will kill you

asshole

just smoke weed instead

You're weak. I've been drinking straight for 4 years, and I'm fine.

Take it from me man

Don't use any of the following excuses to keep drinking

>the human body is tough

Yes but the health problems sneak up on you. And if you're drinking everyday you might not notice until you wake up in a hospital. Not fun.

>I'm still young

ALL the more reason to get your shit together. Trust me when you're older you'll have a better appreciation for time and regret having wasted your youth in a stupor.

>so-and-so is a bigger addict than me and they're okay

There is literally always someone worse off than you as long as you're still alive.

>at least I admit my alcoholism so it's not really that bad

Acknowledging that your house is on fire doesn't mean it won't still burn down if you don't seek help.

Fuckin hate weed

Same girl?

dont be a faggot.

Heroin will kill you, yes, but withdrawal will not. As mentioned dehydration from it can kill, but it's pretty easy to drink a fucking glass of water. Heroin withdrawal sucks, and you will feel like you wanna die, but it won't actually kill you.

Don't care man. I fuckin binge

this guy knows whats up

i know i need to get high instead of drink

thank you friend

haven't smoked for years

Get a DUI. It's helped me slow down. Go to jail tomorrow for it.

me too you little pussy. Quit being a whiney little bitch.

My sides

Thanks dude appreciate the advice. I know the feelings. The body's not functioning properly...

Doctor won't give you Valium unless you're going through a massive withdrawl. He will just tell you to take it easy or stop drinking. Might give you some nexium if you got pain in the stomach.

Dui?

thank you sir, i honestly appreciate the response. i'm stopping soon. even without your kind words, i have a strong will. was just homeless last year and such. alcohol gets me through the daily grind. i'll be fine. much love. take care of yourself so you can take care of the ones who matter

Appointment at 4. I need. The valium to actually function I'm work tomorrow! Librium even

Why are you going to jail? They didn't offer you house arrest? Or did you just not want to pay the fee for it?

lol. this is how I quit smoking actually. Didn't get a dui but forgot to re do my licence so did 30 days in jail instead of probation for a year, (prosecutor was a fucking nazi).

Walked out thirty days later a non smoker. Wasn't bad either, I knew there was no possibility of getting a smoke so that part of my brain just sorta shut off. Also jail sucks ass so your mind is otherwise occupied.

Yea, wrecked my car into a tree and couldn't drive off because of the damage. Was almost home, neighbors called the cops because of the accident. Cop smelled the alcohol on me and cuffed me and took me to breathalyze me, blew a .24. Revoked my license that day. Now gotta spend 6 days in jail and pay off fines, happy days. Only drank once since, happened a month ago. Was drinking daily, would easily go through a fifth of vodka or a 20 pack a day, sometimes more.

I'm the guy you responded to. Don't go to the doc unless you are literally freaking out, but even then, just take a few drinks and you'll be fine. The doctor will just discover you aren't that severe of an alcoholic, they'll take bloodwork, and give you vitamins. Then they'll tell you to cut back slowly if you have to. I went to the doc the first time I went through withdrawal because I didn't know what was happening and it freaked me out. Then I had a $300 bill and regretted it haha.

Shit bro. Feel for ya! Jail
Shit buzz

He will tell you to take the day off and rest they just don't hand out Valium like candy user.

Retard alert.

it's the panic attacks that follow it after. I'll be physically shaking in work hyperventilating. I can't go through that shit. Either get the drugs or fuck work simple as..
But thanks.
300 sheeit

ya duis suck. i was asleep in my car and a cop pulled up. blew a .291. spent the night in jail, paid a shit ton of fines, did 14 days of an ankle bracelet, 24 hours of classes, 48 hours of community service, and a year of probation. Glad that insane nonsense is over.

How the fuck Do you get them then?
Nice trips

then dont fall asleep in your car drunk in the middle of the interstate

Because of how high I was above the legal limit. I blew a .24. In the state of Ohio its minimum 6 days in jail. I wasn't sentenced to any community service or probation however. But my license is suspended till June.

lucky bastard. i guess they figured your reked car was enough punishment.

Shit son, I just got jail time, fines and a 72 hour class to go to.

Outside of the obligatory kys pussy

Just stop. It's a decision you make just like quitting smoking.

Once you've got a week or two under your belt you'll start feeling better physically. Immediately after you're feeling better, start working hard to fix whatever psychological or financial issues that drove you to self-medicate to begin with.

I had court ordered NA (narcotics anonymous) one time years ago and learned something in my haze of party years; every single person there was self-medicating. Some were molested and turned to heroin as adults instead of dealing with the issues, others ended up doing meth after the loss of a loved one etc.

There's an underlying issue. You need to identify it and fix it.

Jesus I think you've nailed it right there!
Thanks user.
Respect!

Either say you're going though a massive withdrawal but they can tell if you're bullshitting them reason they don't give out Valium is because most people lie to get them. Trust me they know if you need them or not I got 50 when going through a withdrawal and they won't give me anymore.

No prob

Also I recommend avoiding AA or any other treatment program unless absolutely necessary. It's likely you already have an addictive personality and I've seen many people replace one addiction for another. Their 'meetings' become their life. It's like a cult. Coffee and shitty stories are their God, free time is their sacrifice to him. You don't wanna be that guy.

Right I'll try that. Don't look fuckin great anyway!

I need to work anyway.
My dad goes to those meetings. Not fun. Couldn't stand listening to other people's bullshit never mind mine.

And thanks

>be me 27
>have a gf of 4+ years
>recently pregnant expecting our first baby
>used to drink a lot all day everyday
>had to use discipline and sheer force of will to stop
>now I only drink after 6pm
>got my appetite back
>no more yellow water diarrhea all fucking day anymore
>nice whole bowel movements
>never constantly hungover and dehydrated anymore
>therefore more electrolytes and better hormone balance
>Just generally feel happier to not be perpetually hungover

I still have a few drinks at night though...

I can easily drink nearly a whole 750ml/5th of vodka a night.

Vodka seems to be cleaner and never makes me feel sick in the morning.

My advice is to force yourself to not let drinking be the first thing you do when you get up.

Being a slave to the alcohol defeats the purpose of relaxing and having a drink.

This way it gives you time to eat and do other stuff.

Then later when you have a drink it will be nice and special like it used to be before you became a slave to it.

Congrats....... Yeah just need to copy the fuck on. I drink beer wine anything. Think there beer gets me so sick because of the amount of units I have to go through

Drink so much you die
you'll ever drink again

Bro see a doc get a detox, try to get quit after a medical detox. If you can't then it's probably time for AA. Good luck man

When you start to truly become a slave to the drink you will start buying booze the most cost effective way.

You will end up with cheap clean vodka.

After awhile bourbon and beer will make you want to puke. No good for trying to get fucked up.

The vodka is virtually tasteless and odorless, making it your go to so you can get fucked up.

Trust me..unfortunately I know..

jesus, is that shit true? i'm north of the ninth decile?
wtf. i've thought i might have a little problem, but fuck man, that's only three drinks a night.
is that so bad?