I bet Sup Forums can't even come up with a counterargument for this one, you sexist fucks

I bet Sup Forums can't even come up with a counterargument for this one, you sexist fucks.

Little couldn't look up to Bill Murray, Harold Ramis, Dan Akroyd or Ernie Hudson?

I thought gender norms shouldn't exist according to liverals. So now little girls have to look up to big girls? That's the same as forcing your son to play with action figures rather than Barbie dolls (which he really wants)

Those are men. Boys have plenty of role models already.

A woman is a major candidate for President now, women run large companies, a woman was head of Sony Pictures while they were developing this movie. It's a little insulting to say a stupid reboot of an '80s movie is the only thing giving young girls hope. It's not fucking 1920. Women have already been doing big things in this country for a long time now

>children dressed as the characters to a movie that isn't out yet

Obviously planted for this photo

no shit tell that to feminists

Are the ghost busters really role-models?

Never really thought of them as something to look up to.

Those girls are too young to be seeing such a vulgar PG-13 comedy. I bet the movie even borders on being R-rated judging by the people who made it.

Not anymore. Theyre all fags now

Maybe the female led films should be actually good. That way, when that little girl grows up, she won't look back and realize that her once favorite movie is actually a pile of shit and her role model was just phoning in a mediocre performance for the big bucks. On a similar note, Captain Marvel when?

Nobody would've said shit about a all male cast.

Entertainment is used to placate the masses, if you genuinely expend any amount of brainpower on caring about the culture surrounding the media and the entertainment industry, you are a fucking plebshit faggot that belongs on Sup Forums

Why would you look up to the Ghostbusters anyway? They only saved New York twice, didn't get paid much, and all of them have fairly shitty lives except maybe Egon and Ray, who are actually doing what they love.

Two female ghostbusters and two male ghostbusters.
Now the little girls AND young boys have role-models and heroes!

i can't believe it's 2016 and we're only just getting films with female leads. really makes you think.

>encouraging kids to engage in celebrity worship and rampant consumerism is good

That's basically what the board is all about now, it's like reading a celeb rag

If your kid has a celebrity as a role model you're a bad parent

Why cant the female led films come up with a new IP, be completely original and stand solely based off of its performance.

Instead of you know, leeching off of the success of great men who did the above.

Maybe it's because even the hollywood execs know a original movie with all grills will be complete shit.

Seriously, take any amazing idea, amazing script, and the people in charge of bringing it to life would rather die than have all female cast.

>some day i'll be in a movie directed by a man that is a blatant cash grab on a movie with a mostly male cast that was directed by another man
Women are always shooting themselves in the feet like this.

Why does everyone act like the biggest problem is the female leads? That shit doesn't matter.

What matters is the SNL sketch writing making the movie too tongue in cheek and the trailers looking like ass. Not to mention having this reboot take place in a new universe so it's like the all time classic doesn't exist so old fans have no incentive to go.

yeah right
eat shit cunt bitch

I want those little girls to shoot me in the dick.

>Why does everyone act like the biggest problem is the female leads?
Because they don't have reasonable counters to the manifold other criticisms made against the movie, welcome to half a year ago.

But if gender is a social construct and norms are all invented, why does it matter who is in the film? Kids should look up to stereotypes and hetero-patriarchal ideas like "female gender?"

Wow, so 2011, Paul.

I'm ok with Kristen Wiig being a role model for little girls.

how is this shit even possible? It'd be like dressing up as Vader for the first Star Wars movie. These kids have no fucking clue what this franchise is outside of the shit trailers.

My penis is more ok with it than I am.

I believe it's called marketing.

>teenage junkie
>dropped out of school
>runaway
>suffers from depression
>divorced
>cant have children

some role model

>These kids have no fucking clue what this franchise is
Mostly awful dogshit?

imagine her heartbreak when she and her friends start talking about how great Ghostbusters is and she chimes in with praise for the strong women roles, then they all laugh at her because they meant the original.

Nah, remember when we 'deconstructed' masculinity and replaced it with self hate? There are barely any traditional male heroes in movies anymore. Unlike women they have to have some inferiority trait nowadays.

I have a great idea: Create franchises with a female lead then instead of rewriting old ones.