All autism jokes aside, was Minecraft a good game?

All autism jokes aside, was Minecraft a good game?

it was a well made, simplistic survival game. it pioneered plenty of games like 8bit 3d worlds and plenty of survival based games. not only that, but it introduced an entire generation to vidya. some are off to better games, some still play mc, and some are fucking moms everywhere.

It was a good game, yes.

Yes but pretty juvenile. If you want minecraft for adults, play factorio.

no

>Minecraft
>no autism jokes

pick one

I enjoyed it, and played the fuck out of it with mods. It scratched that building itch for me, but anymore I prefer Space Engineers for building and Factorio for autistic assembly lines.

I feel like that's mostly the cancer community. On its own, Minecraft can be fucking terrifying. That first night in a vanilla world hiding out in a dirt hut, and digging out to fight off spiders with a wooden sword in the morning? Tense as fuck.

Most people I know just play Minecraft in creative mode, but I never really thought it was all that fun, unless you just wanted to build stuff. Younger me really liked the survival mode and seeing how many days I could make it without dying. Don't Starve is a much better game for this though, so I don't really play MC anymore.

But overall I'd say 7/10 game

It's not fun, but it's better than xbox originals etc. Played this on console with my girl at the time. She showed me how to play and I tried building her castles and stuff. Kinda not the best creative game out there everything is all cubes.

Good game. One of those games you wish you could forget all about so you can play again without too much knowledge about it.

Nothing beats playing it for the first time, being terrified and struggling for survival. Now its too easy. Can have a house banged up with torches etc before the sun has even gone down

Great game you faggots not just good

I hate MC on consoles. Mostly because I got so used to the keyboard and mouse controls but the really dumb down the actual crafting mechanic, and personally I don't like using a controller to build with

I usually have diamond equipment by the 5th night now. Too boring.

it was actually an ok game, if the active community was older, maybe the devs would push more updates appealing to such crowd

but what takes the game to another level are the redstone circuits imo

It was and still is great. Most of the negative comments come from people whos imagination in that game stopped at, "Okay, I have a dirt hut and zero creativity, what do I do now?"

If you cant find/create your own fun, then its definitely not for you. I probably put more time into Minecraft over the years than any other game. Then again I can actually build stuff without needing to look at other peoples builds for "inspiration" aka just copying someone elses design.

It's cool. But I sorta get bored after I've built my first shelter. Because then, you know, you've sorta won.

None of the enemies can break into your home, not without mods. I'd like to have to take more measures to survive and be on edge all the time rather than, okay I've built a box with torches in it and now I'm safe.

I understand creepers can blow your shit up, but that's if you go near them. I liked it better with the MO creatures mod and those ogres could beat their way through your house. Also a good update was when zombies could bash through doors.

But they need more things like that so you aren't just instantly safe when you make a little wooden hut.

redstone circuits

mah nigger

You should give Ark Survival Evolved a try. Similar to minecraft in that you have to mine resources to build things but the creatures are much more aggressive and dangerous.

Yeah but what i'm saying is that the extent to which you can automate is limited and seems to be despised by the developers. Players are always finding fun bugs that let them make new farms and mojang keeps squashing them.
Watch factorios trailer, you'll see what i mean

Yes very

Minecraft started as am adult game

fucking steam greenlight trash. all those games are trash and overcomplicate minecraft's formula

the devs have given up on the adult community. The best thing in minecraft is the automation and the devs don't seem to be trying to build on that.
Play factorio. You'll see what I mean,.

>Minecraft itself = good and better with some of the mods
>The majority of its players = cancer

Something that isn't very well known is that Minecraft was actually a completely different game.

It was an indie game made by a friend of mine- a SNES block builder used for role playing

That fat fuck who made minecraft used to be apart of our RP group. When we banned the autistic fuck he made Minecraft~

Minecraft is the epitome of autism, as it was made in an autistic rage

Ark is minecraft for adults whereas minecraft is geared for children.

Space Engineers is where it's at.

actually it was based on infiniminer. a multiplayer 3d voxel resource gathering game

see

you should kys for even mentioning that game. it started off great with ideas. but ended up with devs fucking everyone over. and then asking for people to pay for dlc WHILE IT WAS STILL IN DEVELOPMENT. If you are really telling people to buy and play that game you must still play minecraft on the regular you autistic fuck.

Back in my day it was called Lego and didn't require a computer.

>Pretty good game, though incredibly simple
not that its a bad thing
>A large part can be modded which has kept it alive for long

bad part is it has a huge cancerous following

there, said the obvious

who are trying to improve by saying shit like this

Apples and oranges.
Sandbox, yea, but I can create a solar system of content in SE, not in MC. plus, jump drives.

factorio is also shit because you play it for 10 hours and on the fifth map it doesnt even hook anymore when you got all science and shitty mods

I've never played minecraft because I recognize it as an easymode game for autistic children.

Fuckin i keep dying of madness like day 3 on dont starve

>solar system of content
you mean construct every building precisely once and then be fucking done?

and you think ark is better. just kys now save the world some air and space.

Ark is way better. I've never met anybody who has played both games that doesn't prefer Ark. The only complaint most minecraft player shave for Ark is that their computers can't run Ark so they're stuck on minecraft.

Bet you use woodie

you need to be carted away for sticking up for that mess of a game. And competently blinding yourself about it asking for paid dlc while in development. Or maybe you just don't understand what dlc use to mean. [Downloadable content (DLC) is additional content created for a released video game]

What were the graphics like?

To be honest, it's one of my favorite games even though I haven't played it much in ages. Playing with my friends on raiding servers and just fucking around on private servers was some of the most fun I've had in a game. Singleplayer has it's own charm with a feeling of loneliness that I really like.

Going from games being so linear to playing a game with a completely destructible environment and such a focus on creativity was amazing (granted I was 12 when I started playing it). The first night experience's frantic survival, wonder, and curiosity are just the start of getting to know the game. You can never truly replay it again, once you know how to survive and how to craft everything, a certain charm is lost. Mods of course remedy this, but they complicate the game and part of it's charm is it's simplicity.

I still go back and play MC every now and then, sometimes the most recent version and sometimes an older version (usually beta 1.7), and it's still pretty great, but those first few months and year or two where just something else entirely. This thread is making me want to get some friends together and just fuck around like old times, good job OP.

It still is a good game. But it's really fucking great with some modpacks. Still play Blood and Bones modpack with friends and we're having a blast.

I've only played vanilla Ark but I find it amusing that you're too poor to afford dlc.

lol one guy bashing Arc because of paid DLC, yet not talking about the content itself of the base game.

I haven't played Ark at all but if you can't see the cancer in modern DLC practices you really need to open your third eye buddy.

Probably rage quit after being killed by level one dilos

Fun for a day just don't go online, you'll get cancer

>im going to pay dlc for an unfinished game
>that the game isn't shit tier over filled with dinosaurs that glitch out
>that it not being optimized for so many still isn't a problem. (I have never had that problem)
>that the devs didn't say fuck off to their fan base
>you defneding a shit teir survial game that thinks more dinosuars will fix the game. and not fix the game itself.
>that the survial system isn't limiting as fuck
kys the both of you

I still play minecraft. It's one of my favorite games. I think that's it's good for children, but adults can make use of circuits and shit, which can get pretty cool. When I played it on a private server with friends, we played with some mods that contained beekeeping and more automation options which was really cool. We each had our own thing going which worked for the "community." I personally don't think it's as easy as everyone here is saying until after you've secured a location. Just my two cents.

You also have to give the game a purpose. I make huge projects and when I'm done with one, I move on to the next. Do you have any idea how long it took me to find and then bring home mushroom cows!!?? haha

I liked it. It was a fun game, although I had a habit of hoarding gold/diamonds/etc and never using it lol.

This explains it
Plus having a game where the children can congregate is helpful sop they dont fuck up good communities. There will always be bad fans, but i'd prefer they stay in isolated pockets

Plus it helped me pass AP english. I can't sit and read, so i would play an audiobook while playing minecraft so i'd absorb the information without being bored as fuck

Trips of truth.

Also we've advanced from SNES block building to a Java game that was created like 20 years later?

Ark is Minecraft for people who don't mind eating shit.

I do fully get your points but as a survival/crafting game, Arc isn't bad, especially in default mode. Yes the DLC either should have been free or implemented later.

By the way, you are saying Kick Your Self right?? Because KILL Your Self is a bannable term.

Sky Factory 3 came out like a month ago,
which is a new modpack for minecraft.

It's pretty accomplished as a game mode and concept,
but the base game "minecraft" was already old in 2011.

The mod scene is very much alive and well to this day.

>i haven't been banned from Sup Forums many times like everyone else and you should go cry about it.
>that the game isn't up to par with rust legacy and that's a shit tier survival game too

preach. fuck rust and fuck ark harder

>Everything is shit tier
>not providing even "good" tier

o master o survival

Yeah i'd say so.

Can't really blame the game for being a honey trap for autistic kids, but the first time you play it it's pretty fucking awesome.

>diarrhea is the worst shit to eat
>doesn't even give an example of a good shit to chew on

this guy get it.

It's all about the flower hat brah.
I had to put down the game after the 5th time the wolves came. One exploded into fire, burnt down all of my walls and half the rest of my shit.

You're fucking retarded. Kill yourself.

>hexxit

I wouldn't classify it as a game. A bunch of lego bricks aren't a game but you can use them to entertain yourself,
minecraft is just a computer program and I'd say it's a pretty good one

I thought winter break was over

School's out on MLK day my man

I haven't had a "winter break" in 19 years, thanks for reminding me how easy school was.

by the way, so what about those "good" tier, "great" tier or even "god tier" survival games?

I'm still waiting.

Doesnt anyone just use it as digital legos like i do?

great game, terrible fanbase of 10 year olds

MINECRAFT you dummy. everything else is derivative steam greenlight trash.
Directionless games where the developers failed to realise that "make your own fun" requires that fun actually be possible in their shit stick-collecting adventure of a game.

Hello, I'm your first.

Unturned is pretty neat

Ark is Rust for people with a dinosaur fetish

No it's not. It's a unity asset flip. wander around doing nothing as you accumulate a conga line of zombies and you gradually get hungry and thirsty and bust your shins and then die. there's nothing to do in unturned or any steam greenlight survival trash

Good
Astroneer subnauitca Project Solus
Shit
ARK

this

>Astronner
LOL, has potential but the current state is broken. OOOHHH look, a hole to the world, which I can "swim" through

it already beat ark by being Op'd

It was. Honestly, the fact that kids invaded it didn't surpass because the game was rated e for everyone. And, people like pbg found creative puroses with it

It's ok, but it gets better when playing online, and the shit that can be done with redstone is also cool but I will never know how to use it.

it started off being for all ages, then it got too popular and went to the six-year-olds