Post some god tier emo records

Pic extremely related

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c0J5lDToTU8
youtube.com/watch?v=8NEYyMR7uSY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

agree.

youtube.com/watch?v=c0J5lDToTU8

Ok, I don't wanna be that pleb, but vocals in this are so fucking shitty. Don't get me wrong i like screamed/shouted emo vocals, but that is just too much for me.
Instrumentals are pretty fucking nice sometimes tho.
I guess I'll listen to it again to see if it grows on me.

listen to the first 5 or so songs at least, their songwriting is absolutely exceptional. some of the best riffs from this genre regardless if you don't like the vocals.

Yes, I will check out. And I agree that they have some pretty great riffs.

Is For Cameron god tier?

There was a long ass reply but now it got deleted ;-;
I really wanted to hear those records

I love it and think it's pretty good. Some songs are in minor keys and have more of a skramz sound tho.

i love u, OP

The more minimal approach really rubs me up the right way.

I always figured the emo was decent/solid but Sleep Patterns always fucking kills me for some reason.

Another obvious pick.

>I HATE EVERYONE THAT I KNOW
>THEN I WONDER, WHERE DID MY FRIENDS GO?
I like the fact it has so many fucking quotable moments, same with 10 songs.

>if it was aiiiiirtiiiight
>i knoooow youuuuuuu'd chooooke

bumping best thread

youtube.com/watch?v=8NEYyMR7uSY

and when youre feeling blue

>emo

the best threads

SYSC just put out a new single too

"Emily, you don't have to play. You are not her, and I am not him"
Fuck man gets me everytime

fuck, "he is not me" not "I am not him"

I would consider this a mix f lo-fi and emo

I still don't get the appeal of this albumand it's been like, years. it's just obnoxious to me.
And I LOVE shitty vocals. These just felt forced and tryhard for emo, which is an ironic awful thing to tryhard at.

I don't see how you could call anything about that band tryhard.

I love it too, but anything else by Teen Suicide is trash.

what are you talking about dude? this album is really good too. their newer stuff is not good though

An album I've always wanted to get into, but just fucking can't. I've really tried ;-;

Emo has become a joke of a genre, it just hurts to say and see it in it's current condition.
I love it, so many underrated great bands that've come and gone.

A great way out from these twinklegods

they have other good songs on other releases. but i'd say that's the only album i like by them.

no one to talk tooo you

At some point it stops

>"hey this riff is gr-"
>awful whining-scream 'vocals' start
>turn the track off

I swear this is how 90% of listening to Sup Forums's emo recommendations goes

What are you talking about current condition?

The 'emo revival' condition its in at the moment is producing about 1000x more good music than the 'emo kid rawr xD' state it was in 10 years ago.

Do you really want to go back to my Chemical Romance and Panic at the Disco? Because that's what we had in it's previous condition.

RIGHT SKEWED AVERAGE LOW

VERY LOW

Empire! Empire! is the world's most slept on band. I mean it.

The fact that so many books and critics still name The World Is A Beautiful Place & I Am No Longer Afraid To Die the greatest or most influential emo band just goes to show how far emo music has to go before being considered a serious art form.

Both of those bands are reeeeaaally unimportant.

There were amazing emo bands in 2007 you fucking idiot... Seeing Means More/Street Smart Cyclist/IWroteHaikus/Algernon Cadawaller/Joan of Arc/Owen/Joie De Vivre/etc.

I'm talking about the lazy shit that's being pumped out these days. Basic pop punk with vague emo 'elements'.
I just hate to see bands not get the appreciation they fucking deserve. & the ones that do are fucking boring.

"The World is..." is a boring & pretentious version of the Anniversary. Enough said.

"Cam Butcher" has some decent chops but Old Gray has run it's course and SN is on the same teir as the tumblr bullshit Modern Baseball 'emo kid rawr xD' is.

Tiny Moving Parts is taking back sunday, and everyone else is cashing in that sentiment.
Because everyone knows there's a shitload of money in the emo game.

If yer last line was a ruse, then I took the bait you cunt.
We had great shit back then.
But was it acknowledged and appreciated by those out of their scene?
No. Why do you think 'emo' bands break up so quickly?

Go listen to Best Witches or Churchkey and clean up your act.

I love this band so much I bought one of their last shirts even though it was a small and I am a medium.

Well the "emo kid rawr" phase was emo as a style, not as a sound-- that was actually pop punk.
I don't think actual emo at that time had garnered a fanbase like pop punk did with its more radio friendly sound.

Both of them are very mediocre. Either have a couple of very good tracks then the rest is shite.

Definitely one of the worst.

Question: what emo bands would be making bank if they were still around

>pic very relevant

>back to bed

Cringe tier emo*
>Kamehameha
Are you fucking kidding me?

holy shit for once someone shares the same feelings as me
this is the one band I could never get into, no matter how hard /emoe/ jerked it off

was all a joke
april fools!

im
fucking
rustled

there's nothing wrong with p!atd.

fever is well written, catchy and has exceptional vocals.

the problem with Sup Forums and music in general is fags like you that cant even play an instrument or sing calling things bad with no point of reference for skill.

your not creative. why do you bother with criticizing people who are?

nothing but plebs in this thread.

iwouldsetmyselfonfireforyou - believes in patterns

love like electrocution - s/t

the pine - days slipping by

>iwouldsetmyselfonfireforyou

pleb

I loved this album so much, but it isn't emo. It doesn't sound like anything else posted in this thread.

then what is it? folk?

>beta scrub calls everyone plebs in an emo thread

Love like electrocution is dope tho

There are still just as many good albums being made now, but because the genre is more popular there are more albums that are just average.

I still hate that song so much. To A Husband At War and Caught In A Flood With The Captain Of the Cheerleading Squad are both amazing, but that song absolutely sucks

This was a disappointment

this is better than this:

good choice.
Pic related and Kolya s/t are great albums. Also maybe June of 44.

any one else fucking hate tiny moving parts?

they seem so phony it hurts

Don't listen to much straight emo, but dis rite here

was just listening to this
more post-hardcore though honestly

Mineral - The Power of Failing

checking in, stay strong, twinkledaddy

knapsack all the way

It's great but it's TOO SHORT

>If you don't play music you can't have an opinion about it

This is the dumbest thing I hear on Sup Forums, which is saying something.Do you also think you can't have an opinion on architecture until you build a house or dislike a food unless you're a chef?

I guess you grew up listening to Panic at the Disco and have a soft spot for them and don't like hearing someone say something bad about them or something, but I'm sure you can come up with a better defence than "if you don't play guitar you can't have an opinion about music".