/asean/

Love Live edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JFHLeGYdYiE
dailymail.co.uk/wires/afp/article-3727726/Malaysias-dying-art-Traditional-kite-making-peril.html
youtube.com/watch?v=zQwG4qXnm-k
youtube.com/watch?v=2q3ZDdR5JAg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pagaruyung_Kingdom
edition.cnn.com/2016/04/26/design/wooden-skyscrapers-timber-trend-catching-fire/
youtube.com/watch?v=YyoeLSJgvuE
domroemer.de/die-neubauten
inhabitat.com/hp-architects-bamboo-homes-float-above-rising-flood-waters-on-recycled-oil-drums/hp-architects-floating-bamboo2/
youtube.com/watch?v=wKHHCso1HWo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I luv you, you slut.

MALAYSIA BOLEH

>Tudung Ngentot.3gp

Its peaceful tonight, surely it will stay that way.

Post your dying arts or crafts.
youtube.com/watch?v=JFHLeGYdYiE
dailymail.co.uk/wires/afp/article-3727726/Malaysias-dying-art-Traditional-kite-making-peril.html

Nice topic from last thread. Let me continue.

Me at Istano Basa Pagaruyung

Who's this cutie?

Guys...

I lost in a quiz last night by one point. The question was "where do women mostly have curly hair?".... Apparently, correct answer was Africa!"

cute girl, shit taste

Zest-O Big is best juice

They're made by the same company IIRC, though.

Why were you sleeping user-kun?

What a qt.

Why are there German flags around and what's that building for?

pengen ngentot gan

What a shame, Barongan is very funny.

>drinking nigger juice

youtube.com/watch?v=zQwG4qXnm-k

thats minang traditional flag

Minute Maid > Tropicana

YAH YAH YAH YAH
YA AMPUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNN

Jungle Juice masterrace

>tfw just got invited to a house party by qt coursemate, but I have to reject because I'm already going to a restaurant with other friends that day
feels gud to have a working social life tb.h.

In case someone is interested, I will just post few more pic, this one is riau cultural center

Dayak Skull art, Hardcore to the bone.

youtube.com/watch?v=2q3ZDdR5JAg

>I, Queen Amalia of all the Netherlands, Curaçao, Aruba and Bonaire with the mandate vested in me by God command all Indonesians to subject themselves to my rule or to be trampled under my feet

We have some old ass tribal tattooist but it's dying cause she old and she just commercialized her culture desu.

Thats the only one I know rn.

WTF

this gril probably isn't filipina

Hey, that is more awesome than Istana Siak.

forgot link

gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=lovelive&no=8130340

It's hot outside. I also ride a horse for the first time there.

It's Pagarruyung Kingdom flag. The kingdom was established in 1347 and the flag until now is synonymous with Minang people.

The building is an exact replica of the old castle and now is a museum.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pagaruyung_Kingdom

And brag about it on Sup Forums, you fucking retard

Most building in ITB and UI using traditional architecture.
This is one of campus in ITB

>princess of orange
seriously, do carebears/telletubies crews in charge of your monarch or something

OP pic is Riho Iida, a Japanese personality best known for voicing Rin in Love Live. She had a gravure DVD shot in Cebu a few years ago, and she also went to an anime con here last year.

>these houses were build by experienced carpenters without any nails and these craftsmen are either long dead or dying.

There is actually a trend for multistory wooden housing now as renewable materials are sought after now and the doubts concerning feasibility and fireprotection have been overcome, its very modern and many great cities now start building the first ones.
Its an awesome trend and I hope it establishes itself, pic related also works without nails-collecting and archiving your old building techniques might actually be future compatible aside from kitschy tourist resorts.
Imagining modern multistory buildings in southeast asian styles for your cities would be fantasy-art tier cool.

edition.cnn.com/2016/04/26/design/wooden-skyscrapers-timber-trend-catching-fire/

Great! this was what I was looking for.

Love Live is shit

>I also ride a horse for the first time there
So you're into bestiality? Disgusting.

Malaysian or Chinese?

What are you?

This one from Semarang, Central Java

Have any from Jakarta?

I am Malay

I can't get a horse prostitute this cheap in Malaysia

do anyone actually take this meme concept seriously?

they used to rule a tiny principality called Orange in southren France

Any pics on what those houses temples look like inside?

When I'm 40, I'm comming to your lands to steal your young beauties and there's nothing you can do about it!

Nor way fag.

just look at your manila slum.
basically the same, not being self-hating or meme-ing.
jakarta and manila are eerily similar

A Monumen Nasional with golden flame on the top
>In b4 Braaaapt

Is it true that it's nicknamed "Sukarno's Last Erection"?

Why do you have to wait when you're 40?

Better yet why come here at all?

You do know Malaysia exists right?

No, it was more of a middle finger to Capitalist and Imperialist Jerks.

Is that SMOG?!

>I, HRH Doña Leonora I de Bourbon, Queen of España, rightful Queen of the Dutch, rightful Queen of the Two Sicilies, rightful Duchess of Parma come face the one true might of the universe and wither under my gaze

Is Serbia a comfy place?

What is wrong about such memery?
While postmodern glassnoodles are bit alienating if too many at once come into every town and pasting oldish looking fassades at hotels is often an unpleasently garish and cheap way to handle your local style, preserving it by making it a genuine practical and aesthethic solution again gives you pride and is in touch with the geography as there must have been a reason people choose to build like this back then.

What about protection from humidity and termites?
Those things can make the cost skyrocket and the only way that I know of is wood plastic composite which we manufacture using plastic pellets, ground rice husk and sawdust.
Some of our construction blueprints used by the Public Works Dept dates back to the 70's, its gonna take some time before anyone pan push stuff in that direction.
>fireprotection
Its not fire that worries everyone but the smoke.

This is Negeri Sembilan State Assembly building. Majority of people in Negeri Sembilan have Minang ancestry.

Coul you post Selangor's State Assembly building, and Petaling Jaya's City Hall (if it has one)?

I think it's more about practicality, user.
There's a reason why Art Noveau fall in favor than Art Deco. Which is why minimalist architecture were on the rage nowadays.

This one based on Betawi Traditional house

What the hell those retractable roof panels thingy are really efficient..

>shields from rain
>makeshift window

This is the new Sultan of Terengganu Palace

youtube.com/watch?v=YyoeLSJgvuE

Here

Selangor's State Assembly building. It's weird and ugly.

PJ. Just a bland building.

>Benis
:DDDDD

Looks similar to the Malaysian parliament building. Interesting.

How close is it to SP and SL?

>termites
oke we dont have those. While some things puzzle me about these modern wooden constructions as well it must have been adressed in some way already, maybe by special coating. Its not like it does not rain here as well.

Of course, the times of elaborate carvings or baroque masonry is over, but minimalist architecture still has a lot of expressive power by the choice of material, shape and patterns-those can be adapted from traditional styles and sometimes blend quiet well.
This is a german example, just skip through the gallery, this is still all in the range of modern taste but blends in with the older buildings.
domroemer.de/die-neubauten

How about some tagalog architectures?

i wonder how can they build 5 stories high without foundation and on uneven flat foundation beside the river?

I DON'T WANT TO GO TO WORK TOMORROW

What's SP and SL?

>our greatest architectural feat are the squatters
Really energizes your synapses.

You tried roti canai there before?

I've never been to Malaysia and I've never heard of "roti canai" before.

>graduating soon
>life is going to become even more dead
Yay. At least I get money.

True, but I don't think that by putting traditional ornaments or batik shapes on a building will make it characteristic enough.
>domroemer.de/die-neubauten
I can't read German, Hans. What is the purpose of that building.

spice things up by starting a small war

Many Indonesian prefer modern / western architecture since they think they are more beautiful and the correct standard in this time. But Indonesia (and other tropical areas of the world) is not region in such a four seasons climate system like europe and other western country. Its sad that Traditional architecture is left behind because it is considered outdated and as the symbol of unintelligent era. Whereas, it is a perfect and green form of architecture that actually wanted by world class architectures

sauce, is meant for common people not for tourists which is nice.
inhabitat.com/hp-architects-bamboo-homes-float-above-rising-flood-waters-on-recycled-oil-drums/hp-architects-floating-bamboo2/

this is nice.

>modern / western architecture
I think that they were using it because it is perfectly applicable in a metropolitan area. Whereas a more traditional approach on architecture are usually reserved for vacation resort.

How a out bisayaryan ones

Master race right?

Dot be disrespectful to the biasyans they
Already invented and eat pagpag

Is there any attempt to fix this?
They don't deserve to live in literal dump.

Did not expect you to read, just see pics, they basically wanted to restore a part of the inner city to a postwar look as a prestige object and living quarter for the upperclass-but did so in a modern way. Maybe my taste got lost in this case but the buildings are both modern, not too garish as if they just pasted old stuff on the surface and look like they continue the style of what used to stand there.

Ideally, a visible compromise between tradition and modernity is not only good for show or extravagant projects but also practical and affordable, but thats still rare and time will tell if some kind of feasible romanticism manages to establish itself.

Its thier bisayan culture
Respect it

Rain is one thing but 90%+ humidity all year is entirely different matter.
Couldn't remember the name I recall one type of timber that is resistant to both but they are mostly grown for the state owned railway company for railway tracks.

That's why Najib is the best

youtube.com/watch?v=wKHHCso1HWo

>They don't deserve to live in literal dump.
they are, all of this racket about jakarta slum prove so

Yeah, in the end this type of building is something that is meant for rich class, which is far from traditional characteristic of a building as something that is easily affordable for the masses.
Speaking of traditional, is there any authentic German architecture?

Every people deserve to live a better life user

There have been actually. Some were given homes but they sold it off because a. uneducated or b. too far from making an income. They also won't leave because they argue they've stayed there long enough despite legal claims. So, their homes are often burned down by rich landowner's employed plants.

I wonder how much the mandatory diversity quota is on that one

>bisayan
What the fuck is bisayan anyway? Some people here aren't flips
Fuck that is no different from Jakarta.
Unless people vote for Ahok the numbah two.

nah mate, they move all the resident from old building to new ones/ people who came to the majlis penyerahan kunci

bisayans are the civilized ones

tagalogs are the one living on those slums

>brown uncivilised monkey insulting another brown uncivilised monkey

The butthurt posters that usually post self hate

They tend to be gettho tier people and the slum dwellers in the cities