What's the loudest concert you've been to?

What's the loudest concert you've been to?

Swans are gay.

who the fuck

manowar
pretty sure no one plays louder

High on fire was directly in front of matt pike. Dude had a soldano and jcm800. Fucking ascended that night.

Nice mullet you retard redneck.

it's cliche but Swans

shit was incredible though

>leaving the house
You do know this is Sup Forums right

In 2015 I went to NY to visit a friend and we ended up going to this underground show in Brooklyn just for fun without knowing who was really playing. The first act was this noise guy who was actually too fucking loud for either of us to handle and we had to leave. Never done that before at a show but the music was so god damned loud, particularly the electronic drums. After the noise guy's set was done the next act was setting up. Just a three piece, a drummer on vocals, bassist, and one guitarist. When the started playing it was unbelievably loud. I've never been to a Dinosaur Jr show before but I can only imagine it being similar to the three piece that we saw play. This time we actually stayed for their set because the music was good but god damn it was loud as fuck. The guitar was screeching throughout the set with heavy distortion and the cymbals were like explosions. The final set was this wimpy goth band that had two bass players and no guitars. They were the quietest of the whole bill and were basically bad.

I've only been to two concerts and the loudest one was Dinosaur Jr.

Pretty sure it was an MGMT concert, far back when they were just fledglings

Dinosaur Jr by far. By the time they ended their set list with tarpit, all I could hear was a swirling mass of noise and texture with crackling drums and moaning in the distance. And I was standing directly in front of Murphy.

Shot was intense though, I can't think of another more intense concert moment.

Murph*

Dumb phone.

My Bloody Valentine in 2012 right after mbv dropped.

Apparently nowhere near as loud as their 90s concerts.

Swans

Sunn O))) was a better kind of loud though, they play at a low frequency so it's possible to take your earplugs out and not be in pain, and they just sound better

Dino jr in '92

nigga do u even know whata mullet is?

Boris

I always wear earplugs to gigs

Acid Mothers Temple.
Shit made me realize I needed to start wearing plugs.

This, except the earplugs part. Where did you see them lad? Cheeky Makoto smashed two guitars and left one hanging from the ceiling, ears rang for three days after that one.

Why is it always the Japanese that seem to love head-rattling volumes of loud?

I went to an MBV show where someone near the front fainted.

MBV in '08.

Ministry

and it went from the "awesome" type of loud to the "really painful" type of loud really fast

all the concerts i've been to have been super quiet apparently bcause i've nver had the ringing in my ears after a show

Merzbow. Not as bad as I expected, but still bad enough for me to fuck off from the front row further back.

I also saw a local EBM band whose sound engineer fucked up the sound so that each beat was actually physically painful in my chest and increased pressure in my eardrums more and more. They fixed it in a few minutes, I think eardrums would actually pop en masse if they didn't.

I haven't been to a lot of loud shows, so maybe Japandroids, they were way louder than necessary for the small venue they were playing in

Yep, probably High on Fire is the loudest I've heard so far. I had to move to the back of the venue.

Weedeater at the Triple Rock in Minneapolis was pretty damn loud.

I had ear issues for a week after I saw them this fall. That show was crazy.

I've seen Iron Maiden, Floyd but without a doubt the loudest show I ever saw was a Buckcherry/Fuel concert. Fuck. I couldn't hear right for three days.

Tool - 10000 days concert tour at the Rexall center in Edmonton. Scored some sweet floor tickets.
Not only loud as fuck, but really clean sounding too. Sound guy did an amazing job.
Tinnitus and cotton ear for a day or two after though.....

Sunn O)))

Swans was honestly not that loud. Same for GY!BE.

Is their music that bad that they have to blow out everyones ears?

Full of Hell in a basement pizza place. They were the last of 5 or 6 bands that played, so me ears were already fucked when they started. It was great. Their vocalist was really nice, got to talk to him after the show.

Mudvayne

I guess Explosions in the Sky? Or No Zodiac.

IAM{X} concert

I just saw Dino Jr last night. Loudest thing I've ever, I couldn't hear J singing. My right ear is still ringing (I was right up front). Sadly, didn't get to meet J, but got to meet Murph and got a pic with him! Really nice guy

I've seen both, I do believe Sunn O))) was technically louder. Swans was much heavier though.

>Swans was much heavier though
Depends on what you mean IMO

Bizarre Uproar in Tallinn

Melvins crammed into a tiny bar in a college town; sounded like I was underwater for a week afterwards.

Did they play Loveless? How was it?

Jelly. Wanted to see him in Denver a couple of months ago. Didn't have the funds. Heard he's aces live. Good to see someone else here knows who the fuck he is... good show?

They were in Madison, WI in one of the smaller venues. Wasn't any instrument breaking but just intense playing for a solid hour and a half. They're coming back to the same spot later in May so hopefully I can check them out again.

MBV 2008 London Roundhouse if i recall, i think the You Made Me Realise "Holocaust Section" is on youtube, either way, apparently the show was 130Db or so and people were covering their ears the entire time, some woman even began crying as it was too loud and left

Lamb of God was the only concert I went to that I consider the loudest. The kick drums and bass were so deep that anytime they struck it was like an attack on my chest. At some point I thought I was just going to drop dead. Was pretty cool

I saw rustie play a DJ set in this little club in Sydney once. I've probably been to louder concerts in general before but in this tiny room the shit nearly burst my eardrums. The dudes ears must be broken at this point cause he was still indicating to the sound engineer to turn it up while blasting 'I'm in love with the coco' at astronomical volumes