Is traveling a meme?

is traveling a meme?

I GUARANTEE THIS WILL NEVER EVER HAPPEN TO AN AMERICAN AGAIN YOU CAN THANK BUSH FOR THAT

yes

unless you travel to a shithole, there is literally noting different about it. people eat. people shit. people get wasted. people work. people die.

you're a fucking faggot if you travel

why

Yes. Its for upper class white people who get to be "enlightened" by eating and drinking in a different timezone

>being this scared of leaving your comfort zone
How's it feel to be so scared of something that 16 yr old kids do every day?

Only if you've never done it. There's a reason most people who travel describe it so fondly and are so eager to do it again
Spoken like someone who's never experienced it himself first-hand

travelling is an enriching experience you poorfag

I am too poor to travel, what of it?

Iraq.

>you're a fucking faggot if you travel

seriously what is this obsession people have with traveling?

um, DUH EVERYONE likes to fucking travel, its not that big of a deal.....

>tips fedora

>I am too poor to travel,

literally all you need is feet

Traveling is amazing, I like to go to a new city (Rome, Paris, Vienna, whatever) and do the vacation stuff I would do in my hometown. Like eating, drinking, fucking etc. Its just awesome to do it in a new and exciting place.

nigga go to morroco 600 bucks a month

>mfw been to 5 countries in the last 3 months
>going away again at the end of this month

it's good fun, you meet all sorts of people

>staying in a hostel in amsterdam
>two japanese girls sharing a bunk above me
>stayed in the room for 2 days getting drunk and giggling under the covers
>mfw

I dunno, I went travelling around america twice (bongland here)
It literally saved me from suicide and helped me 'find myself' - which might be cliche as fuck but when it actually happens, it's helpful

So no. I think it's only a meme for people to lazy to actually do it, trying to justify why they don't do it

I've travelled a lot. Just another jewish ploy. Thank god I'm redpilled now.

>unless you travel to a shithole, there is literally noting different about it
this is what basement dwellers actually believe, so sad

hot

Any tips on hostels in Amsterdam? Going there in 2 weeks (my 3rd visit but always stayed at hotels before).

Stay in a hotel. Or an airbnb. Staying in a hostel in a european city is paying money for nothing.

Its not a fucking meme. but it isn't life changing either people get paris syndrome because they think Paris will cure there boring miserable lives its all the same shit food is the same, people are the same if you want to see a landmark see it but it won't change who you are. it's ultimately a waste of money though

shut up you illiterate fuck

He's right though. Seeing new places and people is cool, but it won't change your life or anything like that if you're a boring, shitty person to begin with.

Really makes you think.

STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY STAY

This. I've been to London, Paris, Rome, all over Spain ... yeah, the buildings are nice, but it's dull in the end, and the standard of living even in western Europe is startlingly low.

What bugs me is the people who won't shut up about travelling and seeing the world and all this meme bullshit but never actually explore their own town/state/country. Maybe it's because I live in Colorado and there are shittons of places to go and hike and see nature and tons of stuff to do, but most people just blame their boring shit lives and dead end jobs on their surroundings. Chances are, if you're a loser here, you'll be a loser there, too, once the newness wears off.

Yeah people say it'll "expand the mind" or whatever but when I ask them what specifically they learned they just say vague shit like, "it's so beautiful and life fulfilling".

See, I'd rather just stay home and read a book, something from which I can actually learn from and which costs way way less money.

As someone who has spent the last decade travelling the world for work and has visited dozens of countries on six continents, it's pretty interesting and I always feel like I'm learning something new.

Gap year travelling to 'find yourself' is most definitely a meme though.

i want to visit Afghanistan, Morocco, China and India.

Oh Christ, these fucking people.

>i want to visit Afghanistan
You want to die?

Wont there be more backpackers/travelers in a hostel? Even though I REALLY enjoy just chilling the park and reading a book high it would be fun meeting some young people that want to do stuff during the evening with me.

Never been a big travel guy, I go places and I go "Eh that's kinda cool" or whatever then I just look forward to going home
And for me traveling anywhere more than like 2 days is fucking shit, after the third day I just look forward to going back home and sleeping in my own bed

Unless you wanna do heroin (its awesome) I wouldnt recommend Afghanistan.

Its only smells

If I spend all the money and time going to another country and I dont get laid, I just feel like it was a giant waste. So that really kills my desire to travel

So just go to germany and go to a brothel and get laid 24/7. Cause what you're telling me its sounds like the only thing you care about is getting laid (nothing wrong with that IMO), but your destination of travel should be somewhere where you can fuck as much as you want. And Berlin is awesome even without all the brothels.

don't listen to that other goon

best hostels imo are the flying pig ones, there's two in amsterdam, downtown which is near central station and is absolutely amazing, you will meet a ton of people there, go on crawls, tours and it's a really friendly place

there's also the uptown one which is near the museums and vondelpark, it's the same as downtown except a more chilled out vibe

i also stayed in a st christopher hostel but that wasn't that great, vibe was mostly people in later 20's, chavvy brits etc and it's above a nightclub

seriously though, check into flying pig

This guy is right. Flying Pig is well known, well maintained and always popular. You can't go wrong by staying there if you're going to Amsterdam for shits and giggles

How are Japanese girls in bed?

Pretty shit, just like in JAVs

yes lol everything is

kek true
it could happen to an american girl traveling europe though. They have a reputation for being rather easy af and they do

Basically. Only place I traveled that wasn't a meme experience was India. That place fucked me up

can confirm

americans are legit almost retarded

Frank?

amerilard detected
there is literally no noticable diference between the major european capitals, those are meme cities friend. I mean sure you can visit all, but when people talk about this travel broadens the mind thing i think it only applies if you go somewhere actually different.
>unless you travel to a shithole
I agree, shithole more ghetto cities are superior. In italy i went to Rome pretty meh overpirzed-tier and then i went to Naples which is a hot dirty mess. Naples is literally the most based less pretencious city in europe i've traveled to.

I don't understand what you are trying to say here. Do you mean to say that traveling is dumb, overrated or worse than staying? The point of traveling is to get from a place A to a place B. As far as I am aware of, there is no way to get from A to B without traveling. Maybe one day, when we have teleportation devices we can look back at traveling and say "that was dumb", but until then, traveling is what we've got.

Bernie is Linklater's only good movie.

Prove me wrong.

Poor and envious Amerilard detected.

traveling is great because it exposes you to people with a completely different world view, people that would never sit down and argue autistically on 4chins or similar sites so you won't interact with them online. If you don't like that then yeah traveling isn't for you

yes o think

If you want to meet people, hostels are great
I met really cool people
>Spend a week in Amsterdam
>Bond with an Aussie guy and just chill for most of the week
>Last day, he continues with his trip and two Canadian girls move into my room
>Go out with them
>Find a Contiki group and tag along
>They get us to a club for free
>One guy there bought us drinks the entire time
>Don't remember when I had so much fun
The easiest way to bond with people is hitting them up with "Hey, you wanna go out for a smoke?"
I really want to travel again, maybe I'll do a week in Berlin sometimes soon

As someone coming from Stockholm, it is a very big difference between Stockholm and other european cities.

>meme this, meme that, memes memes memes
Kill yourself

>mfw I stayed in a hostel in Amsterdam, bonded with an Aussie guy and a Canadian chick

bruh