Can somebody explain why you only need a 25mb connection to stream 4K

Can somebody explain why you only need a 25mb connection to stream 4K.

4K films tend to be 60GB average which would equate to 11MB ish per second over 1.5hours

so why 25mb not 88mb+ connection?

Wrong board i know but i need answers.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mZsUMKjpEZ4
strawpoll.me/12124886
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because they buffer.

maybe you don't need that fast of a connection, first check for folds in your internet cable, those can cause slower connection

100 time this. My dad does IT and he always does this if netflix is slow.

For streaming you need the upload speed. Also, you don't send all 60 gb at once, it goes in packages. So if you want to send 11MB to the server, you need little more upload speed than that. Let's say around 15MB/sec

Maybe don't upload a pic to Sup Forums with your IP address in it

Didn't want that much of an in-depth explanation.

also the frame rate matters

Your both fucking retarded and so is your dad.

And also, streaming servers use "late sending" of data. They firstly collect enough data and then they begin to send the data to the end users who are watching the movie. Also, The server doesn't start to send data to everyone connected to the server at the same time.

Ooooh shit.

You still need the upload speed for streaming from Netflix? They recommend 25mb/s for 4K I just can't get my head around why such a low speed considering the file sizes are 60GB unless the 60GB includes data that doesn't need to be streamed.

It's because 4K doesnt really exist. It's just a marketing ploy. Your eyeballs can't even see that high resolution.

its not like you can do anything with it
its public anyway

Basically this

fuck are you guys really so retarded or is this just a bad troll?
The bitrate for 4K Netflix is far worse than a 4K bluray. So 4K netflix is not as good of a quality as 4K bluray, because the compress the video more agressively. That's why you dont need a 100mpbs internet connection.

youtube.com/watch?v=mZsUMKjpEZ4

Wtf are you talking about 60gb???? Ever heard of compression. Different codecs. Idiot. Netflix would be burning through bandwidth if it was streaming 60gb of data per 4k stream. God fucking damn it. If you don't understand how all things internet and technology work. Then just sit your fucking ass down and watch your chopy ass moive on your shitty as speed when you have 4 other people using your bandwidth at the same time. This is why nukes exist.

Compression and codec. Data rate of video greatly depends on how it was encoded. It could either be ALL-I, IBP/I-Frame, raw, 8 bit vs 10 bit etc... Thats how they can get a high resolution into a lower bitrate, by sacrificing other traits.

Amen to that

You compouter iliterate fuck. It's not dangerous to post your ip. Unless you're hosting a very poorly protected server. And in case of a ddos you can simply restart the modem and get a new ip.

Netflix 4K is about 18mbit per second, on average.
That is about 12GByte for a 1.5 hour movie.

The 60GByte is for a Blu-ray. Netflix just reduces the quality a lot.

DDOS commencing!

Unless you have software with a vulnerability listening on a open port. Then you sr are fucked.

>ddosing someones IP address
you're fucking retarded. ddosing an IP address is different from ddosing a website.

Needless to say the only one retarded in this conversation is you

Jesus fucking christ no it's not it's the same fucking thing. Somebody fry this bitches router/modem.

Because of compression. Also learn the difference between megabyte and megabit. Internet connections are measured in megabit while files sizes are in megabytes. 25 mbits are only 3 mbytes so yeah, lots of compression going on as with all streaming videos.

Yeah, by trying to educate a fuckboi like you

You guys are kidding, right? Makes me wonder though how folds could get into a cable in the first place. Do you keep stumbling over them routinely?

I wasn't even the original one who posted, I was just noting how mentally disabled you must be to not realize it was a fucking joke

Can confirm. Also if you're still having problems I've found that taping a couple ethernet cables together usually does the trick. More wires, more internetz, everybody knows that

There is a difference between Mb and MB.

>doesnt understand how ports work
>doesnt understand how routers and modems work
how's middle school treating you?

strawpoll.me/12124886 vote cats and ur gay

Network/server/software engineer here. I've never raged this hard before. But people who have no grasp and can never comprehend the complexity of what happens after they fucking click a button really pisses me off.

The guy is literally asking about it because he doesn't understand, and you get mad for him not understanding it instead of explaining like a healthy person. You are the reason people are afraid of asking questions.

good, retards should not blatantly display their idiocy

>Doesn't understand router/modem can be crashed with a huge amount of useless request.

Fuck off.

Fellow developer here. Why is it a requirement that everybody be as autistic as you and I? There's a reason we get paid to do what we do, to understand and make this shit work for the consumer so all they have to do is click a button. If everybody had to spend hours learning all that crap before they could use their fucking TV then it wouldn't exactly be a very good product now would it.

Because a 4k stream is compressed to fuck. You watch a 4k stream and a 60gb rip side by side you'll notice the difference.
Steams are always heavily compressed

This is not an excuse. Search engines exist for this very purpose. So little bitch boys don't get there egos bruised when asking questions.

>Steams are always heavily compressed

exactly, which is why we were able to have the first trains. thank you technology amirite

The only thing that you can't compress are steal beams

Holy fuck my sides.

I agree with you fully. What pisses me off is when one of these fucking couch potatoes acts like they want to understand our wizardry when they have no business trying because it is futile. If there was a genuine interest then you go and fucking search it and master it yourself. So really they just need to shut the fuck up and enjoy what we created for them.

Because if I have to hear "All we have to do is..." in one more requirements meeting where we have to do way more than whatever they think we have to do, I'll go insane.

We discretize so well that the average person just plain cannot appreciate what is going on underneath that button.

The IP address in OP's picture refers to a company in London. It also has a Wikipedia history.

Assuming OP actually made that picture, how fucked would he be if someone mailed the company, with dates and times of this thread, not mentioning the content of course, just saying that someone from there was accessing the notorious CP board Sup Forums?
Depending on how dumb they, They could check their firewall/proxy logs, identify OP's PC, and fuck him over.

/thread
audio sux too

listen to 007. he knows his shit

Fair enough, I can empathize with that reasoning

so much low self esteem
get over yourselves.

This. This right fucking here is why everyone on the fucking planet thinks our jobs consist of using a wysiwyg application. Fuck you pansy ass bitches.

Ever heard of compression...?

weeew lad. it won't hurt you to read up on things every now and then instead of regurgitating memes

buffering you stupid American

Underrated post.

Bait is that you?

This is what brings me back to /b rare threads like this.