Simon pegg: hey so sulu is gay, married, and has a kid

>simon pegg: hey so sulu is gay, married, and has a kid.

>homophobes: what the FUCK you can't just make Sulu GAY fuck you

>simon pegg: you know what, come to think of it, everyone is gay. all of them. every last one of them. gays in space.

It should have been obvious, really.

Other urls found in this thread:

slashfilm.com/gay-sulu-george-takei-simon-pegg/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>I will never be Autistic enough to understand OPs post

if everyone is gay why the fuck Cpt.Kirk is kissing every sightly female creature in the fucking universe ?

Because he's a repressed homosexual.

Cool posters though.

oh shit that makes sense
i understand now

>gay, married, has a kid
>5 year mission

That's when you know know they just shoehorned that bullshit in. Takei was right. Making him gay just because he happens to be and he formerly played Sulu is just insulting.

Honestly, the original poster looks better.

The Beyond one seems off with Kirk & Spock's head.
Bad Photoshop or something.

>gay posters
>cool
Yes, they are.

I immediately realized some one was gonna say this after I posted that.

White straight cis males make him do it

>a bunch of people who have never thought about or cared about who sulu fucks: BOYCOTT THIS SHIT IM OUTRAGED

I don't think it's been said how old Demora will be in Beyond. She could well have already been born before the first movie.

>Honestly, the original poster looks better.

It is.

Pegg actually described Kirk as "a fun-seeking pansexual".

>She could well have already been born before the first movie.

Which makes it even more bullshit.

I'll be back in 5 years dear, just gonna travel around and get shot at by unknown species. My senpai Kirk needs me!

When can I respawn?

I feel bad for George Takei, he knew Roddenberry closely enough and respected him enough to not want Sulu to be changed and tarnish Gene's vision, but Pegg went ahead and did it, clearly thinking like he was acting on Takei's behalf.

Simon Pegg made him gay...? What?

slashfilm.com/gay-sulu-george-takei-simon-pegg/

>they wanted him to be gay
>he refused
>they killed him
biopic when?

I love that George Takei hates gay it.

>everyone is gay. all of them. every last one of them. gays in space.
I'd watch it desu

>everyone is gay. all of them. every last one of them. gays in space

Well they are in some kind of space navy. Pretty believable scenario

To ascribe Sulu's sexuality to "Gene's vision" is a stretch, his romantic life is barely addressed in the series. I think that Sulu being perceived as straight was most important to the then-closeted Takei, who has said repeatedly how much he feared being outed at that point in his career, and for many years thereafter.

Gene wanted gay characters in Star Trek, he even said so publicly at a press conference in the '80s. He was never able to do so in his lifetime - the broadcasters of TNG were against it. Berman was too cowardly to ever push for them in the years that followed Roddenberry's death. I don't doubt that he would be for Sulu being gay if he knew George had come out and become a gay rights activist and icon in the LGBT community.

Sulu's gay now, geat. So does that mean we can stop pretending that this whole abrams thing isn't a reboot?

>always wears yellow shirt
>is given a red shirt in the second movie
>dies before the next movie even hits the theaters
TELL ME IT'S A COINCIDENCE, I DARE YOU

The thumbnail tricked me