Do you take him seriously?

do you take him seriously?

>i don't

One of the few music reviewers that I do take seriously. His knowledge of not only music but of all art forms, art movements, and art history give him the ability to contextualize and dissect music in a way that very few people are able to.

wtf is he doing
did he die

Scaruffi has literally never been wrong

pcp while succ

Rip scruffers

more than shitgua shitfork and fatano but i still form my own opinions on albums and artists

he has so many stupid reviews that I just can't take him seriously

He litrally describes things in the pretentious pitchfork way, the only diffrence is he's a contrarian.

i agree with this , but this is also true. I dont like Blackstar but his review of that album is ridiculous.

how is he contrarian? cause he doesn't suck indie rock's dick? sure he's retarded but he's not the pitchfork level of cancer

He dosent suck indies rock dick but he does suck kroutrocks dick

i'm don't even take myself seriously anymore so why should i care about a middle aged Italian's opinions?

I think you take any music reviewer seriously you're an idiot and a plebeian.

I don't understand this. The amount of times he's written things that are beyond ridiculous and/or flat-out incorrect have absolutely discredited him in my eyes and made it abundantly clear that he knows little to nothing about the music he talks about and frequently pulls shit out of his ass to give the illusion of some deep knowledge. An example of this off the top of my head is when he wrote that Between the Buried and Me are a black metal band.

he also gave Quebec a 4/10 because "they're not even funny anymore"

or when he did a review of BOC music that no one ouside them and their relatives have listened

bump

I don't
but he's right about Radiohead, Bowie and the Beatles

literally this

some opinions of his yes, others no
overall probably not so much

yes

how can one have the physical time to listen to all the things he reviewed? I mean, in a deep or not totally superficial way at least; yet coincidentally he is right about lot of stuff

he's like 65 years old dude

that's almost three times as old as the average Sup Forumstant

what does he think about hip-hop?

he is very biased against hip-hop

the highest score he has given to a hip-hop album is an 8

he has explained this as believing that because hip-hop often focuses so heavily on the lyrics, the actual music is weak because of this.

Public Enemy's It Takes A Nation... is his favorite hip-hop album

You get the impression that he doesn't listen to very much hip-hop.

he listens to a ton though

he has stuff in his top 100 that Sup Forums doesn't even discuss

daily reminder that he factually doesn't even watch many of the films he's reviewed

no but i don't take anyone seriously

everyone knows this, he said this himself

He listens to a ton of hip-hop or music in general?

proof or stfu

both

he listens to all kinds of music

he actually has pretty good taste in ambient if you check out his avant-garde/experimental section

its on his website, but i'm not navigating that web 2.0 garbáge
not even for all the (You)s in the world

Is he just a pleb when it comes to hip-hop then? Just seems like a silly opinion to justify disliking hip-hop if you do listen to a lot.