Alright Sup Forums, i again come for help

alright Sup Forums, i again come for help

I'm the blue screen fag that posted a couple weeks back about how my pc blue screens and the only way i can fix it is reinstall windows temporarily before it does it again, the conclusion you guys came to was it was a memory problem and to check the ram with memtest86.

I did so, but was shocked to see it passed the test no problem and without errors.

This problem has been around since mid october, in the mean time I have switched to an SSD, replaced the PSU and GPU, and the problem persists.

The bluescreens are the ones I get most often:
MEMORY_MANAGMENT
DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION
as well as winload.efi being corrupted.

Since the RAM doesn't seem to be faulty or anything, what am I doing wrong???

Other urls found in this thread:

aida64.com/products/aida64-extreme
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It is the RAM. Simply replace or remove 1 stick to try out. If you are using different kind of sticks it can cause blue screens. If this is the case remove 1 kind and keep the other and try.

Im leaving this thread now.

P.S
It's the RAM.

be specific on what cpu you have

Pentium G4400, alas I am a poorfag

>replaced your hard drive, power supply, and graphics card before just backing up your data and trying to restore your computer.

wtf??? hahaha

bit of a problem, forgot to mention I'm only using 1 stick of DDR4 atm, I tried reseating it in both slots, nothing worked.

Data backup is a no brainer, I have automatic made backups to both a cloud and a 2TB external HDD

watchdog has been known to be the board or cpu

yeah well did you try a restore then?

Replace the stick.

same shit occurs, can use PC for a few more days, eventually while gaming or watching a youtube video, screen flickers black a couple times, before everything freezes and it blue screens telling me winload.efi is fucked. Turn computer off, leave it off for an hour or two, turn back on, can log in etc, blue screens later with MEMORY_MANAGMENT or any other bsod

Watchdog is generally caused by bad overclocks or lack of stability overall.

there's what dumbfounds me, nothing is overclocked and all at stock

Actually, my laptop did this too. Watchdog is a driver conflict. Find updated drivers for your mobo and others and install them. Windows does not check for compatibilty when installing default drivers

what are your internal temps like?

This.

all average, and considering I have a GTX 480 in this right now that idles at 35c, thats pretty good yes?

I'd update all the drivers on your mobo. I mean everything. Go to manufacturer's website, download them, and install them. If that doesn't resolve the problem then replace your RAM.

also, once it BSOD's are you not able to go back in (even in safe mode?) to review the event log?

Have you considered it may be the Mobo or CPU? And you shouldn't be going around reclessly spending money on parts that your are not sure are defective. You should have borrowed some parts from your friends and try them out and diagnose the problem yourself or should have given the whole PC to a repair shop for a diagnostic. That wouldn't have costed more than $10.

I'm also about to try installing windows 10, and see if that may help a little, as currently i'm running 8.1. Also, nice double dubs, checked

nope, no safe mode at all, including command prompt

trying running everest for a system stability test

aida64.com/products/aida64-extreme

Install Debian

Well the RAM is currently being loaned from a friend as well as the GPU, so I didn't spend a dime there, but for the PSU i needed it for the GPU anyway since it was an upgrade from the 730 i previously had in the build. I thought about it but is there a way i can test the mobo or cpu in any way? Like you said I dont want to eat more loss than I already have

Download Adobe Reader.

See

i'm not that gullible dude, I've been around software issues for around 8 years or so now, this is just my first time actually trying to put together a build and encoutnering problems with hardware

Went ahead and downloaded the portable ZIP and about to run it. Anything specific I need to do?

Trying putting the RAM in a different DIMM slot.

Stop gayming and install a real OS
Preferably Debian

Been awhile since I used it. there should be a stress test feature in the software. Just run it and see what it does. I'm bnetting money it's the RAM though. If it's not the RAM then It's the DIMM slots which means it's ultimately the motherboard that's bad.

see

How can I tell if somethings gone haywire or not? All I can see are gridlines, does it give a warning somehow?

Then your motherboard is dying and cannot apply voltage properly anymore.

Clear the motherboard bios back to factory, look up the specs for your cpu and your ram timings and make sure they're right on the board.

nvm, forgot to click start. here's tits for the help

Not same user. No it doesn't. I think the Mobo can be tested at a shop but you could try swapping the CPU and every other part leaving the Mobo as the original piece and use your PC to see if it crashes. If it crashes it's the Mobo, if it doesnt, it's the cpu

thats trip dubs to you ya blind bastard

good eye mate, currently not wearing my glasses so dont gas me

You can also boot from a live Linux from USB to see if problem duplicates.

PC tech here, I just had this issue come in the other day, it's definitely the RAM. You may not even get a fault on a memtest (type memory diag in cortana). Best option is just to replace your ram stick, shit is cheap

would it just be wise to go and buy a set of 2 sticks for 8gigs? I have the money I just dont want to eat another loss

sorry didn't totally read OP. as I said: mem test isn't 100% accurate, sometimes you can run that thing for an eternity and not get a fault, but it certainly looks like it from here.
in the future you should consider dual channel vs single channel ram

and yes, 8 gigs dual channel is a good budget point for where youre at now

honestly it wasnt my choice, my goal was to make a build with the money I had, which wasnt a lot at all. I'm borrowing the ram from a friend (who is my only one who has DDR4)