Is there any way to play classic dungeons and dragons online with random players...

Is there any way to play classic dungeons and dragons online with random players? I hear dungeons and dragons online suck ass and is no where near the playability of the board game
> please help
> pic unrelated

Other urls found in this thread:

roll20.net/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Bump

Check out Roll20

Care to elaborate?

roll20.net/

I keep hearing about it, but I never checked it out myself. Looks like it might be what you're after.

Looks weird but just might suffice

Stop by /tg/ and sift through, I'm sure they'd be more informed

Sure hope roll20 lets you into random rooms to play with random people...im completely new but intrigued by the game

There's forums and ways to find groups. Its totally free. The layout took a bit to get used to but it works for all versions of the game. You'll either have to have the books handy or find a free pdf which takes no time.

Unfortunately /tg doesnt seem interested in my thread

Sounds like a bitch i dont have the money to buy books so DL sounds like the only option

Tried it once, it's awesome, you can create your own chars, items, maps and everything, it has mic and camera support too, it's just as good as the board game, but it's a bit complex to
Learn

Talking about roll20

>>

Roll20 is worth checking out for sure. Haven't used it much yet just started a campaign with some friends. Build maps, add items, free tokens for just about anything you'll need, character sheets for every version, ect ect

Lol fuck building maps, items, ect ill make a character but thats bout it or it's gonna take forever

Working on a 4-player online D&D campaign. Stills and text mainly. It's more like a CYA book, you start together and can break off, your decisions effecting the world you're in. You could end up being against each other if you make decisions that lead to it.
By 'working on', I mean it's in very early stages, and I can't code for shit so I'm learning while writing it all. Might be overly ambitious, but given that I'm just using still images for the settings, the hardest part will be the online elements.

Roll20.
Set up your character sheet, then whenever you do anything you just have to press a button on the sheet and it will roll the stuff for you.
Your admin can add pictures to a screen you all share, or even upload maps and monsters. It's a great tool.

Sounds kick ass keep doing gods work user

You best find a group much less lazy than you because someone has to do it.

>actually seeking contact with D&D'ers

Baldur's Gate was developed so you could avoid contact with these "people".