Never listened to a David Bowie song. Where should I start with his albums

Never listened to a David Bowie song. Where should I start with his albums.

listen to heroes
all the rest is garbage

Low
Heroes
Ziggy
Hunky Dory
Blackstar

He's had more great songs than great albums. Low, Heroes, and Blackstar are his best IMO.

you should go chronologically to let's dance

also skip his debut

lol heroes is his most overrated senpai

>Never listened to a David Bowie song
literally how

Starman and Space Oddity are everywhere
Changes was in Shrek
I heard Sound and Vision and Golden Years playing in random shops over the last week

do you ever leave the house

Begin with Hunky Dory or Heroes.

Then Ziggy and Low,

Knew they were Bowie songs just never listened to them fully.

station to station and low

throw the rest out

Start with Ziggy, go back to Hunky Dory through Space Oddity, go to Aladdin Sane, listen to all the albums on the second row in order,listen to Scary Monster then Let's Dance, than Blackstar, then The Next Day.

Ziggy Stardust and Low are the most essential and a good representation of his discography. After that you can move on to Aladdin Sane and "Heroes" which are the superior albums

Start with Heroes if you want experimental rock, if you like it also try Low, if you didn't like the B side try Station to Station

Start with Hunky Dory and Ziggy if you prefer glam rock. Hunky Dory is probably my favorite

>Ziggy Stardust
>Blackstar
>Hunky Dory
>Diamond Dogs.

Bowie's best albums

>what is Station to Station
>what is Outside

i don't know if it's overrated, but it's his best album

station to station is my favorite

>all the rest is garbage
He's talking about Bowie, not your waifu.

Indeed. Although, I'd also add Heroes into there, for no other reason than because my father, who was the biggest Bowie fan ever (so much so that he had BIG tattooed on his arm, just underneath my name and my 2 sisters names, BIG standing for Bowie Is God) requested that we bury him to the theme of Heroes [spoiler]That was 3 years ago today, I just wanted to post in the Bowie thread. Feels bad man.[/spoiler]

oooooh shit
#rekt

what did he mean by this

Shit taste, it's actually
>"Heroes"
>Low
>Aladdin Sane
>Scary Monsters

Station to Station would be included if every song was as good as the title track and "Stay".

Ziggy
Low
Hunky

>Diamond dogs is one of Bowie's best
I'm not saying its bad, I just don't get where you people get this from? It's just an end to his glam rock era.

Ziggy and Low are his best, don't let any contrarian fucks tell you otherwise.
Hunky Dory/Station to Station/Heroes/Blackstar are runnerups
Then finally Aladdin Sane/Scary Monsters/Diamond Dogs and earthling are his only other 7/10+ works

I listened to my first Bowie album yesterday. I went with Low and today I'm going to try Ziggy Stardust. Is this chart accurate?

Station to Station > Low > Heroes is one of the best 3 albums runs ever

Chronological order

I think it's pretty fair.

Just as a note, Low, Heroes, and Lodger all go together. They're known as the "Berlin Trilogy", and all have some krautrock elements.

I've listened to some songs on Hunky Dory, I like it a lot

It's great but Station to Station is not that experimental

Start with Hunky Dory, then listen to Ziggy Stardust. When these two enter your ear, listen to Station to Station -> Low -> Heroes -> Scary Monsters, you can also add Aladdin Sane/Diamond Dogs/Young Americans at this point. When you know all these albums song by song go listen to Blackstar.

Start with Ziggy Stardust, then Hunky Dory, then Low, then go anywhere. Skip the debut though.

And Pin Ups.....and Never Let Me Down

>Is this chart accurate
Not really, how could Scary Monsters, Bowie's New Romantic pop album, be both harder and less glam than his hardest rock album. I mean, it literally has a pop song about fashion.

I think this chart was made by someone who thinks "pop" is a bad word and tried to edit the concept out of his discography to make him sound more "patrician".

There's no real way to get into Bowie because he changes styles album to album. Just pick an album and listen to it and if you don't like it listen to something else. Few, if any of them, are challenging listens but most are really good.