Was Nirvana the closest we got to noise rock being mainstream?

Was Nirvana the closest we got to noise rock being mainstream?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FYF2rhxLeAU
youtube.com/watch?v=K7L3ZlkJT8M&t=879s
youtube.com/watch?v=gXQYt9xoju8
youtube.com/watch?v=aEv0jJgQkrE
youtube.com/watch?v=MtR1IYJIxEQ
youtube.com/watch?v=53F5nY68cBM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

nirvana was pretty shit

Nah, they're pretty good once you get over your teen backlash phase

Nah, that would be Sonic Youth's Dirty.

The only people who listens to them are teenagers, what are you trying to get?

t. teen

after nevermind they put out this album called in utero

what about it?

Evidently false.
I'm talking about the phase a lot of people go through in their late teens when they decide to hate everything they liked in their early teens and especially anything that seems to resonate with teens and have themes of teen angst or whatever. Adulthood is revisiting these and realising that some of it was actually good.
See also: people who hate Catcher in the Rye

Wrong but ok.

In Utero is not that noisy. The only songs from it that come to mind as being somewhat noisy are Scentless Apprentice and Tourette's.

what about Blur?

youtube.com/watch?v=FYF2rhxLeAU

also White Zombie's early EPs were noise rock, if that counts

You suck at listening. Serve the Servants, Frances Farmer, Milk It, Radio Friendly Unit Shifter and Gallons of Rubbing Alcohol all come pretty close to noise rock.

Nirvana's for pussies

close but no cigar.
now stop using your shitty as ears as objective ya bish

>close but no cigar
Why not?
>now stop using your shitty as ears as objective ya bish
Ah, ok. Let me just transcend the corporal realm, abandon contingency and fuse my being with the very essence of all that exists so I can objectively compare these sound waves with other sound waves associated with the arbitrary, manmade and subjective label of "noise rock".

Fuck sake, meant to quote

why don't you do that ya bish

>bonus tracks count
You're trying too hard.

Steve Albini's recordings got butchered so the album overall is not as noisy as it could have been.

Here's what noise rock sounds like, user:

youtube.com/watch?v=K7L3ZlkJT8M&t=879s
youtube.com/watch?v=gXQYt9xoju8
youtube.com/watch?v=aEv0jJgQkrE
youtube.com/watch?v=MtR1IYJIxEQ
youtube.com/watch?v=53F5nY68cBM

Those are specific examples of noise rock compositions, not some kind of manifesto of the genre. Also some of those are even less noisy than the Nirvana songs I listed, so you're basically proving my point.

>the phase a lot of people go through in their late teens when they decide to hate everything they liked in their early teens and especially anything that seems to resonate with teens and have themes of teen angst or whatever

And then they realize the post-ironic shit they liked in their late teens was the real edgy stuff that will never be good.

ur gay

say dat to my face and not online n see what u get homies

> Also some of those are even less noisy than the Nirvana songs I listed
elaborate with examples

only two songs were changed

noise rock was pretty big in new york at one time and japan had a lot of noise rock bands back in the 70s and 80s
noise rock is also pretty popular in denmark and norway right now from what i understand

These kids are in their 20s now

I hope they stopped pretending to be niggers