What did Sup Forums think of this movie? I just watched it recently, thought it was fantastic

What did Sup Forums think of this movie? I just watched it recently, thought it was fantastic.

Best action movie this side of the millennium. Hold up very well upon repeated viewings and the intimate details of the world and characters begin to show through. We don't deserve something this good

Feminist propaganda

Got worse and worse each time I watched it, hoping against all hope I would find something to enjoy and be able to understand the heaps of praise being thrown at it by moronic autists who do not understand what makes a good action film, let alone a good film at all. Miller is the ultimate hack and either is so old and stupid that he no longer understands the character he created or he willingly threw away any lingering bit of artistic integrity. This is the finest example of trash ever created.

It's going to influence the way action movies are written and edited for decades to come. Really fucking good.

wasted potential desu, interesting world design though.

If you think thats a bad action film, what would you consider a good one? genuinely curious

Plot:

>lets drive through this canyon
>now lets drive back through the same canyon

I still can't believe they did this. I can't think of another movie where the 1st half is getting from point A to point B and the 2nd half is getting from point B to point A.

The action is God tier, however it gets old. Especially once they turn back. Like we literally just saw this. Everything else I the movie not action was shit.

Great action, awesome editing and sound, and it does a good job of fleshing out its characters and world without wasting any time. An excellent film overall, probably the best of the decade and maybe the best Mad Max film.

>maybe the best Mad Max film.

18+ only please

My favorite big guy movie.

I liked it.

Althought the movie loses some of its impact when you watch it again on a small screen.

If you didn't watch this on the cinemas you missed a really good experience.

Also the way that Joe gets killed was underwhelming as fuck.

For you.

I'm just a guy who actually rewatches the classics to see how they hold up. Road Warrior is a little slow.

A boring slog that only gets good exactly half-way through and even then it doesn't get better than "the usual."

only really good bit was the sandstorm desu

>Good job of fleshing out characters and creating as world
If by that you mean pulling shit out of their asses and just throwing on the screen then yes mission accomplished

Shoot Em Up

All is lost. There are no good filmmakers anymore left living. Nothing. I kinda like some horror stuff. Some scares. This visit got me once. I like some of the comedy stuff. American Gothic? Freaks of Nature? That's just crap too though. I've started watching that shit Lloyd Kaufman puts out. I mean, I enjoyed this one, but nothing does it anymore. I might as well go back to drinking and fighting with indians. They are always real, kick your ass, and if you can still hear it after will make you laugh. Hey, maybe I have a movie idea there?

I love movies with old style Synthwave soundtracks. Check out Southbound.

It's a stunt demo for video game players who own katana swords

its fucking awful

in my top 3 worst movies ive ever seen

not even joking its that fucking bad

Good movie but not as God tier as this materpiece

Characters were boring stupid predictable cliches. The action was good, but nothing else was.

Nah it wasn't. The feminist shit wasn't in your face at all cause furiosa was the only one who was any use at all.

This. Actually, I'd place Mad Max over Fury Road too.

The Road Warrior > Mad Max > Fury Road > Beyond Thunderdome

Wasn't exactly subtle either.

>has only seen three movies in his entire life

It's true though. It's definitely at least second best, I don't know how anybody could think Mad Max or Thunderdome are better than Fury Road, though I could see Road Warrior.

This years sucker punch.

Road Warrior has more buildup to the giant explosive finale, charming character moments and unintentional humour that makes it more entertaining. Fury Road, although the action was awesome, all of it were basically the same giant chase scene, the storyline was pretty straightforward, everything just felt lacked of charm from the previous trilogy. Although I agree it was more enjoyable than the original and Thunderdome

Anybody who doesn't think the first Mad Max is the best one has shit taste.

Fury Road is slick and well executed action but a totally empty movie outside of that. With the focus shifted away from Max almost completely the movie has practically no conflict outside of 'flee from/kill the bad guys.' I don't mind the idea of a Mad Max movie focusing on somebody other than Max, but ideally Miller would do that to tell a story he couldn't otherwise tell since Max's potential is more or less tapped. It seems more like Furiosa exists to facilitate more action than anything else. More action is fine but I always saw Mad Max as more than that. Given the attitudes on display in this thread and the rest of the world I don't blame Miller for making Mad Max a straight action franchise but I'm personally very disappointed with the result.

In the original movie we have Max torn between The Mobile Force Patrol and his family, he can't decide if he has a responsibility towards either or if he can make both work. Eventually Toecutter's gang kills his family but rather than forcing him into committing to the MFP and giving the Australian people 'back their heroes' like the MFP chief wanted he quits and hunts down the gang in straight up dirty revenge rather than justice. That's interesting. That's something I want to watch multiple times. Not to mention that while the scale doesn't really compare the action scenes in the first movie are very well done. Toecutter's gang come off as genuinely weird and dangerous and the car chases feel fast and grounded. A fleet of trucks barrelling across open desert is one thing, but rural Victoria is interesting in its own way. The roads are long and meandering, the scenery is kind of pretty and the smaller scale makes things personal. Also being Victorian I drive along the same stuff so it's cool to see it in a movie, but I don't think that makes me too biased.

Mad Max > First half of Thunderdome > Road Warrior > Fury Road >= TD pt 2

I'm a pretty big guy tbhfam

excellent post

/thread

>Great action
debatable, it wasn't engaging at all, when an action movie makes you bored there's a problem

>awesome editing
it was absolutely disgusting

>and sound
no comment

>and it does a good job of fleshing out its characters and world without wasting any time.
it was the most plain and simple of all the mad max movies. I couldn't care less about any of the characters. so much wasted potential.

literally this.

I agree with some of the general sentiment but it's a very sweeping statement with very little substance. If fans of Fury Road don't know what makes good action that begs the question 'who does?' You have to figure that user thinks he knows but if he can't put it down it doesn't vie anyone much reason to put stock into what he says.

It's like a contest to see who can say the least while covering the most subjects.

why did they turn Mad Max into a fucking Fast and Furious Poster

I give it 5/10.

Didnt do much for me. I wanted more Max focused considering it is a Mad Max movie.

This so much. I have no idea how people can call this the best movie of 2015.

The action wasnt that good at all. I wanted to see Max drive his car but instead he sits at the back of a truck over ruled by women... the fuck.

Also the way they killed the villain was so lackluster.

It was a fun watch, love the whole crazy music video car chase feel made up for the rather thin plot.

Nah, the whole "who destroyed the world' thing could apply to wimins as well since they didn't use their "awesome" wiccan druid wisdom to save the world from nuclear apocalypse. If it's feminist propaganda it was sly enough to get past me.

I agree. Max 1 has the best story and story is everything to a movie instead of pointless action.

The editing sucked I agree. Too many 2x speed moments

It was really good. I don't think it was feminist propaganda at all. More than anything I felt the film portrayed women as the failures of society.

No, really? I'm thinking I coulda slid 6' party sub by you then. I really liked the old movies like said too, but this one was like a piece of Max's life that he had no real traction in.. even the old Conan novels had parts where Conan was just along for the right. I don't know if that provides real context or not, but it worked for me.

> wimmin do stuff=feminist propaganda.

wew, lad. I hope you have plenty of room for that sandwich.

Great visuals. Just wish there was more meat on that plot. Was glad it kept taking Oscars away from standard Oscar fair.

huh? Kidding. When will this shit be over?

Oh...my bad. As for the shit to be over. I say soon.

It was just a completely different action film from the previous films in the franchise. Max and the story were uninteresting and underdeveloped completely, whereas the setting, and design were great. The pacing was also maintained well throughout, and by pacing I mean of course the entire movie was a car chase.

The highway is a character in a Mad Max film.. I mean I'm still watching movies that do it to this day and I'm hooked. I watched a horror movie recently with the road as character, did I mention that in this thread? Southbound it was called. It had a narrator like the old Wolfman Jack sort throughout. There should be Mad Max fan fiction stories. No? That's not a thing. What the hell?

You guys wanna write one, kinda like a pass the bottle thing?

It doesn't even act like a mad max movie
It's mad max in name only imho

If it wasn't called mad max I'd like it but they tarnish the name with it

Thomas Pynchon is that you?

Ya I get it, I agree. So, how would you start a Mad Max movie? Where would you put it, in the timeline?

I'm not from Long Island. Not anymore.

It would be great, we'd get a cheap mexican band to do a cheap knock-off of Hotel California, just shitty enough to get past the huff, for a start. Night, on the road, but the engine would be the sound a weak little four cylinder. And Max would be all bloody, with a Blue Healer pooch liking a little blood off his thumb, which is rested manically on the shifter- it's standard of course. Boomf! A shot? or just a blown tire?

yeah thats not the plot you fucking idiot.

>Wasn't exactly subtle either.

i wouldnt even call it feminism.

there WAS a matriarchal society in this movie but its a world filled with crazy gangs, cults and groups of survivors trying to re-build society in some way so they fit in pretty well.

So what am I the only one aware of how weird this thread is getting? I come here because I just want to discuss movies, but at least this stuff is better than debates on whether or not there is a feminist agenda secretly running the world.

Fast cut! to the roadside, you actually see the little Honda civic swerving off the road, but away from focal point and away. But, the POV focuses on what was behind Max and pooch.

It's one of these new, light home-build prop planes, but it's just running dead center down the road, and the driver has this god-awful huge rifle, you think it looks likea 50 cal barret..

That's enough of that.

KEK

LAST YEARS SUCKER PUNCH THO

Thomas where'd you go? Is this thread your research for Bleeding Edge 2?