What does Sup Forums think of this album...

What does Sup Forums think of this album? I tried it the first time couple days ago and I have already listened to it three times in 2 days

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZrU3fhqd9_0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's a good album (although m b v is better), but seriously lurk moar before posting.

I don't consider Loveless and shoegaze as a genre challenging, though multiple listens made me appreciate the album more. I Only Said was an instant favorite. How about you?

I mean... it's one of the most discussed albums of the past 25 years

I know it's Sup Forumscore, I'm just excited of it and wanted to hear opinions

I instantly liked Only Shallow, that fucking riff. Also To Here Knows When

I've listened to m b v once and the atmosphere it creates is enticing, while tamer than the one on Loveless. I didn't have instant favorites or any song that stood out really, so I'll definitely give it more listens.

its shit
wahhhhhhhh
*girl voice comes in inaudible*
weeeeeeeeeeeeeee

To Here Knows When and When You Sleep are just great.

I really enjoy it. The distortion and the contrast with the whispered lyrics kinda make me want to up the volume, in a good way. Want you want it's my favorite song from that album.

Orignal or remastered?

Not OP, but I've only listened to the original once, but multiple times to remastered versions and that's when I started to appreciate the album more. I didn't hear much difference between the two remastered versions.

>(although m b v is better)

lol

People MIGHT take you seriously if you at least said Isn't Anything or You Made Me Realise.

remastered

Can you people btw suggest more albums like this?

youtube.com/watch?v=ZrU3fhqd9_0

not quite the same but you get the jist

Whirr is fucking bad my friend.

Why Isn't Anything? I was utterly disappointed by it, because they sounded like almost every a90's alternative rock band.

I love Loveless, but largely out of personal attachment. I used to listen to it sometimes as a kid, but later listened to it loads in my final year of secondary (high) school. This was when I began to really love it.

I theorise that the best way to enjoy it is actually when you're tired. I was in a boarding school and swatting for finals a lot - like until late at night in study sessions - and on breaks when I felt shagged I'd throw on my big headphones and listen to it. Really strange but nice experience. I'm an Irishfag, so I'd drink tea while listening too, looking out at the black night and the pissing rain while those beautiful hoover sounds soothed my fed up head.

Yeah

>because they sounded like almost every a90's alternative rock band

I don't agree with this opinion. I think you're in the minority with that one.

>I theorise that the best way to enjoy it is actually when you're tired

The first time I listened to loveless it was around 3 am and I was tired as fuck. Fell in love as soon as I heard the opening riff of Only Shallow.

i think the same as ever consider than "isnt anything" its just fomented for contrarians (for being contrarians)
not even try to be "innovative" as loveless o mbv

Insightful critique

9/10, one of my favorites
Come in Alone is amazing

bump