How would I go about finding a meteor? is there anywhere I can go to see one land?

how would I go about finding a meteor? is there anywhere I can go to see one land?

Other urls found in this thread:

meteorites.wustl.edu/realities.htm
meteorites.wustl.edu/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I don't mean like a museum or anything, I mean I want to see one land

Technically it's on land.

meteors aren't real

do research, and spend a lot of time outdoors where the weather conditions are most conducive and you just might get lucky if

i didn't do research but its probably not likely

/thread.

How much is McDoubles paying you?

i swear it's a conspiracy. All those "I'm going to McDonalds" threads, and now this with McDinakds in the pic.

>weather conditions are most conducive
Wut??
Weather has less than nothing to do with a meteor making it through the atmosphere.

No, there is not. For starters, the possible area one could land in stretches over miles and miles, and it is literally impossible to give any kind of accuracy for a landing spot that would enable you to see it, while simultaneously giving you enough time to get to the site.

You could witness it by sheer chance, but I guarantee you will not be able to track one that accurately as it approaches.

first of all a meteor is what you see in the sky , a meteorite is a meteor that reaches and crashes onto Earth. second, this in the video is not a meteor or meteorite , but a boulder tumbling downhill, because of heavy rain
third ur a fagget.... Meteorites are most easily found on icy surface eg. Arctica and Antarctica and Syberia

It mostly depends on Jupiter.

how about in a helicopter or sutin

Also, check out the windows of time where we pass through the Taurid meteor stream.

If we're ever going to catch a planet killer, it'll come from the Taurids.

Yep.
You just "floor it" in your helicopter to a few thousand miles per hour and chase them down.

That would make it easier, as you could observe a much larger area. If something was coming down and you were already in the air, that might be possible with enough advance warning. Still extremely unlikely, but if you get high enough up then the projected landing area becomes less of a problem.

holy shit, I just watched that, the guy nearly got hit by that meteor

It wasn't a meteor.
It was a giant Big Mac from space trying to come home..., but it missed.

I think you're more likely to see them in the poles.

ITT:
The most scientifically retarded anons ever to inhabit Sup Forums.

Your chances of finding a meteor is extremely small.

See: meteorites.wustl.edu/realities.htm

>is there anywhere I can go to see one land?
No, read up on meteors and meteorites on this website.
meteorites.wustl.edu/

not got time to read all that shit, give me a one sentence summary please

look here, I found one