Daily reminder that the entire conflict of Batman v Superman was solved because their mothers were both named Martha

Daily reminder that the entire conflict of Batman v Superman was solved because their mothers were both named Martha.

Batman no longer sees the alien as a threat and Superman stops caring that Batman is a mass murderer because their moms had the same name.

reminder that people genuinely claim this movie is "Kino", whatever that means.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mxV99PYX37c
forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2016/03/22/review-batman-v-superman-triumphant/#ecd04513cbdd
forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2016/06/28/review-batman-v-superman-ultimate-edition-expands-story-and-wins-praise/#261b16866225
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How did batman protect his mouth and eyes against superman's lazer beams?

youtube.com/watch?v=mxV99PYX37c

duck tape

How did Batman not get massive concussions and shattered ribs every time Superman threw him through concrete walls at 100 mph?

Inb4 super Bat suit. No.

If there hadnt been such a forced rush to get Doomsday into the film to kill superman then it couldve had a decent ending that made a lot more sense

but instead this movie tried to do too much.
cramming three major DC events into one film was never going to come out good, but at least Justice League is set to go so we have a chance to see something actually good.

WHY YOU SAY MARTHA THATS MOMMYS NAME

MOMMMMYYYYYYY

ask ironman

superman went there to ask bruce for help anyway so him being willing to team up makes sense

bruce saw superman's humanity and realized he had good intentions

this is definitely capekino, though it doesn't take too much to rise above the drivel marvel shits out

How did superman not see through bruces smokescreen?

shit flick is shit. yep.

>Implying that the purpose of that scene was not to tastefully show the audience that Batman now sees Superman as a man with a family and not some alien invader.

Martha' is set up in the opening scene with a Citizen Kane homage that establishes the word as Bruce Wayne's 'Rosebud'. But, as it's actually spoken by the father character, you get a complex series of associations where Bruce suddenly sees Superman as a father figure, who then - when Lois intervenes - morphs into a reflection of himself. You also have this strange fear of motherhood with Bruce as he dreams that Martha Wayne returns from the dead as a monstrous bat (that metaphorically gives birth to Batman), but then he resolves himself to saving Martha Kent - who was, of course, labeled a 'witch' for (again metaphorically) giving birth to Superman.

but this is all useless because Batman has no epiphany about the sanctity of life, he goes on to murder another two dozen people not even 10 minutes later.

>iron bat mask breaks
>somehow batmans skull is fine

his brain should be jello

I don't really understand peoples problem with it.

Batman has a reflective moment on the reason why he became batman, he realized he went to far and that him and Superman have something in common.

>reaching this much to explain such bad writing

Not everything has to line up perfectly with reality. It's art. Just because it doesn't have your fairy tale conclusions that wrap everything up nicely in an orderly fashion doesn't mean it's not great. These transcendent qualities can't be noticed by the common pleb that rates how good a film is based on the number of loopholes it has.

Someone explain this one to me, because nobody's discussing it, so clearly I missed something:

How the FUCK did Lex know Superman's real identity?

>comparing BvS to Citizen Kane

0/10 bait

It's not the fact that he has an epiphany, it's that the scene was really poorly written.The whole thing was so contrived.

>his suit was just a metal suit
>not made out of kryptonite like i thought
>he killed people and spent countless hours honing that chunk of kryptonite into a spear he threw away after he found out superman's mother's name was the same as his mom

Batman doesn't see Clark as a man, only as a threar. Batman is so obsessed in proving that Superman isn't a god that in the end he finally sees Clark's human side when he's about to die, and Bruce ironically realizes that he was the monster all along.
"You're letting him kill Martha. Find him. Save Martha."

Gunman shoots Thomas Wayne, who collapses. Gunman then puts the gun to his mother's head. "Get up, Dad! You're letting them kill Martha!", Bruce thinks. The Gunman fires. Martha lies there dying. As the Gunman runs Bruce is faced with two competing desires - "Find him" (the gunman) and "Save Martha".

Superman pretty much spoke Wayne's exact struggle right at that moment. Bruce gets triggered because he is still severely mentally scarred and needs clarification. He has been having twisted dreams and I presume that he suspects he is going insane. but Lois comes in to clarify.

Bruce is then forced to face the reason why he became Batman all while preparing to KILL a man going through the same dilemma that Bruce did back in the alleyway. Superman has a mom who will die soon and the son is helpless to save her. It is that night in the alleyway all over again.

Except this time it is Bruce who holds the gun.

It was made from the same material that that fridge in Indiana Jones 4 was made out of.

Lex has the super power of seeing through plot holes

There was Kryptonite powder in that smoke.

>Suffice to say, there was always more depth and subtext to the “Martha” moment than the complaints are willing to admit or recognize, and those complaints are still too simplistic and shallow a perception of what is, in fact, a complicated convergence of character arcs and narratives. It confuses and shocks Batman, and then the revelation of what’s really being said shifts his perceptions to the point he now sees himself clearly for the first time in years. A singular moment, a revelation that turns a character’s understanding and relationships on their head in a split second, is not a new concept, nor is this the first or most extreme example of such a thing in cinema.

>It’s undeniable that there is much more happening in that scene, and in the context of Batman’s character through time, than the memes and jokes recognize — and yes, often the jokes intentionally overstate things for humorous effect, but I’ve seen the exact same points made in supposedly serious, deeper critical analysis of the film. So I remain perplexed by the stubborn refusal to consider and acknowledge that complexity. I bring that up only because I notice even a lot of the positive reassessments still point to the “Martha” moment as a major problem in the storytelling when it’s among the finer elements in the film’s characterizations.

forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2016/03/22/review-batman-v-superman-triumphant/#ecd04513cbdd

forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2016/06/28/review-batman-v-superman-ultimate-edition-expands-story-and-wins-praise/#261b16866225

No, i'm pretty sure people pick apart the logic of the scene

Pretty much this. As someone who hated this fucking movie, this scene is not hard to understand.

>this passes for good writing in the world of DCucks

I understand it fine, it's still stupid because it's poorly written. Why the fuck does he say "YOU'RE LETTING THEM KILL MARTHA!" who the fuck refers to their mother by their first name? They easily could have framed the scene as something like...

>You're letting him kill my mother!
>Please...you have to save her! Save Martha Kent!

and Batman responds with "tell that to Zod's snapped neck".

And absolutely nobody has been able to give me a solid answer as to why Superman no longer cares Batman is a mass murderer.

DC bros, we'll never be as mad as the underperforming marvelcucks

Here's the bit people don't seem to get.

You can give a scene DEPTH and PATHOS.
Doesn't mean it can't still be badly written, badly framed, and contrived as hell.

Seriously, who the fuck says their mom's actual name, and not just "My mother is being held by Lex Luthor?"

Also, how the fuck did Lex even get Superman's mom to begin with?

Why the fuck can't the (as far as we know) fastest man in the world, with the best hearing and fucking X-ray vision just scan the planet like he did for Lois Lane AT THE BEGINNING OF THE FUCKING MOVIE?

Why didn't Lex go for Superman's mom sooner? What the fuck was the point of the jar of piss, and blowing up the capitol building?

One moment of pathos does not make up for a MOVIE of plot holes, contrivances upon contrivances, and seriously flat dialogue.

Lead.

Posting kino

>Why didn't Lex go for Superman's mom sooner? What the fuck was the point of the jar of piss, and blowing up the capitol building?
Youre literally a fucking idiot

Why didn't superman just fly the ring to mordor?

Daily reminder that the entire conflict of captain cuckmerica: Bucky wars was started because of Tony's mothers death 40 years ago.

MARIA
YOU KILLED MARIA

Too bad no one gave a shit about civil snore tho

MOTHERFUCKING
SUPER
BAT
SUIT

daily reminder that the film from this webm has 92% on Rotten Tomatoes

No, it was the aftermath of the destruction in Age of Ultron that started the conflict. Much like BvS tried to do and failed.

Also, how much money did BvS make in comparison, again?

>No, it was the aftermath of the destruction in Age of Ultron that started the conflict. Much like BvS tried to do and failed.
Marvel tards are actually this dumb

oh geeze

Explain it then. Why did Lex blow up the building?

>He didn't watch the Ultimate Cut

Im not doing your homework for you

Nobody cares about Tony "Iron Manlet" Stark.

Marvels all you're going to have after WW bombs and DC folds.

Ok this is the best argument I have seen for this shitfest of a flick. I, as a child, loved lotr and read them probably 3 times and when the movie came out I saw it as obvious whst other plebs need spoonfed.

I am not that big of a superman fan. I got it all I read enough big superman issues, but my brain didn't fill in holes like itprobably did for the lotr movies.

I can still complain about the shakycam, the abrupt scene changes, the corny dialogue and the forced feeling of it all. But maybe I am over reacting to plot holes that we all know how it happened, but the movie makes abaolutely zero reference to.

The ultimate cut was the only version I saw.

Also way to support your own argument, fagt.

tfw capeshit gives you homework

>The ultimate cut was the only version I saw.
Then you are clearly a mental degenerate autist who seemingly has no clue as to how to follow a series of sequential moving images.

top b8 m8

Don't forget the foreshadowing and metaphor of the swarming Parademons/Marveldrones during Batman's dream sequence. Not only is Snyder a great director he is now confirmed to be a prophet. Someday Marveldrones, you too can join us in the Sun when you are ready

Your sun doesn't make enough money to sustain itself.

Superman didn't shoot him with any iirc.

Okay, fine.
Spoonfeed me like the retard I so clearly am.
Why did Lex blow up that building?

It is a legit question. If lex hadn't smuggled the kryptonite then batman never could have gotten it. Batman was researching the white russian or whatever before the senator says no. And everyone was already pissed at superman it was literally a hearing on why he needed to act within the law.

So what was the point?

If Suicide Squad doesn't do 100 mil+ opening weekend DC is FINISHED

>one megacorporation that doesn't care about me made more money than this other megacorporation
>bet you feel stupid now kiddo

You have to go back.

it definitely will

they went with the fail-safe harley quinn sex appeal+edgy joker

One megacorporation makes good movies. The other makes shit that no one likes except autists on Sup Forums who like to feel superior.

>go see this movie in theatres
>building collapses at the start
>bat manfleck pulls some janitor or some shit out of the rubble
>"...you're the boss, boss man!"
>he dies
>turn to my brother
>pic related is the look on both our faces
>this movie is like three hours long
>fucking Christ, we're only five minutes in
>what have we gotten ourselves into

Nah, it's gonna make A LOT less than BvS.

>supposed to be tough
>supposed to be scary
>weights 90 pounds, carries a bat

Dude, I'm 5'9" & 130 soaking wet and I could beat her ass. Get the fuck out of here.

I will watch only if it promises to be heavy on the quips. Also I hope the villians aren't very threatening so I can enjoy watching it with my wife and her son

Better question is why to they keep pitting Batman and Superman against each other when it's obvious Superman should win in almost all scenarios.

I find Batman an infinitely more interesting character but him and Superman belong in different types of stories.

BvS burned a ton of goodwill from the fans. Only the most hardcore and delusional DCucks pretend BvS was anything but utter shit

wonder woman is the best part of this movie 2-b-h

>reaching

>Batman no longer sees the alien as a threat and Superman stops caring that Batman is a mass murderer because their moms had the same name.
it's because superman HAS a mom
he's not just an alien with godlike powers
he's a kid crying for his mom not to die
just like bruce was decades ago

the name just got his attention

>and Batman responds with 'tell that to Zod's snapped neck.'
shitpost-kino

Really? She has no reason to be involved and she has no charisma, hell she hardly interacts with anyone. She shares two scenes with Bruce, she has a few shots of her lounging around a hotel room and getting on an airplane, and then she shows up to the final battle. The movie would have been better served without her.

Oh, is that also why he screamed "WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME?!" eight times?

>least screentime
>least dialogue
>best character

I love Sup Forums's meme culture (fucking hilarious) but they seriously need to learn how to separate it from actual television and film discussion.

I think I'm just gonna browse these boards for memes now, it's fucking pointless.

But then who would have opened up the aquaman file?

Harley is dangerous the same way Joker is except with more redeeming qualities. I wouldn't say she's supposed to be scary, more like mentally ill bad girl.

I don't understand the Doomsday battle. When they realized he was absorbing energy and using it against them, why didn't they just have a dance off with him to make him burn off said energy?

>I bet your Warner Brother overlords taught you that you need something....that you shill for a reason...
>My board taught me a different lesson....shitposting...for no reason at all...
>They told me BvS only makes sense...if you force it to

>mfw just watched the ultimate edition after skipping it in theaters due to the shitty reception
>it was pure kino

what did they cut for the theatrical version anyway

surely it couldnt of been THAT bad

God, that's the other thing.

When Batman literally sends her a presskit with trailers for the next DC movies. That was the cringiest, most forced shit

anyone got that image where they make Civil War look like BVS with james bucky and james rhodes

user, the answer if even simpler
Its because he's Batman

This. Her acting was terrible too. Ruined the movie.

It's funny how people pretend this movie is some deep arthouse movie about the will to power and the dangers of a man with absolute unchecked power in a post-9/11 environment and he is perceived by the people around him, when the movie literally stops to show trailers for Justice League and the climax is a fight against a CGI cartoon dinosaur as buildings explode around them.

t b h, Batman v Superman has some intriguing ideas and Sheikh Muhamm bin Al-Afleqi is a genuinely great Batman, which makes it all the more frustrating that the movie is utter shit.

>I don't get it and I'm a pleb: the thread.
You didn't have to write so much.

>a fight against a CGI cartoon dinosaur as buildings explode around them.
This. The ending was complete shit. Doomsday was terrible and the CGI was awful. It looked like Civil War was going to do that too at the end with the super soldiers but then they subverted the trope and fought themselves at the end instead.

bruh....kino's just a prank bro. just a prank

Yeah it's on Facebook. Waste of double dubs

>Better question is why to they keep pitting Batman and Superman against each other
:^)

You are really this stupid?

Almost didn't respond, but in the case you're not intentionally shitposting.

Lex blowing up the hearing accomplishes several things:

1) The African woman spilled everything to Senator Finch. The Senator was going to lay it all out in the hearing and reveal what Luthor did, hence "this is a day for truth" Lex killed her to shut her up.

2) The explosion is meant to further antagonize Batman into hating Superman, and to further demoralize Superman. Lex is stroking Batman's hate as Superman is now consistently being put in positions resulting in others' death. Lex wants to correlate Superman with Death. And Superman of course is utterly demoralized by his failure to stop the explosion and save everyone. Of course there was nothing he could do as Lex encased the bomb in lead.

3) Further turn the public perception against Superman, again by tainting him with the perception that death follows him everywhere he goes.

The final epiphany comes after Superman's sacrifice.

>another two dozen people

>actually one guy caught in crossfire as he is shooting a Gattling gun

The kino meme is just as bad as the daily reminder meme.
Faggot.

dude memes

MOMMY

NO HURT MARTHA MOMMY

YOUR MOMMY MARTHA TOO?

WE FREND NOW

>make well thought out post explaining the scene, it's intentions, context and meaning within the film.

>no response by shitposter

business as usual.

>watching kino for plot
Back to Sup Forums you go

underrated post

old stuff m8
found this in the archive
it was posted on March

kek

hey everyone look it's a JL introduction