youtube.com/watch?v=49z9alGtc0U
m.youtube.com/watch?v=rIhG_SkRE2s
youtube.com/watch?v=6IHaE-TXbZQ
youtube.com/watch?v=toNA6BcPDDI
youtube.com/watch?v=y0_jjCypUjI
youtube.com/watch?v=PY4t-Gw1fbw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for stoner metal

Best power metal album to come out of Europe.

daily reminder

second for anime

First for jazz metal doesn't exist

Of what?

worst (forced) meme ever

The fuck Jack Owen is in Six feet under now.

The original chart is actually pretty spot on

The original chart was mostly good bands, too. It was made to get (You)s, which it somehow still does. There is no reminder of anything, there is no punchline to anything.

brain tentacles

>Downgraded Walls of Jericho
>Best

closest thing to jazz metal we can get is either pic related or that blackjazz album by slightly excentric norwegian nu-jazz band Shining (which isn't even metal)

Even Incantation is more related to jazz than fucking Blackjazz

Post em

The original chart was actually spot one, why would it gain so many (You)'s every single time if it wasnt

Nice chart.

T H I S

t. glamshitter

+Obituary, Entombed, Demolition Hammer, Impetigo, Bolt Thrower, Suffocation, Ascended Dead, Grave, Soulside Journey, Mayhem

Good shit dude

+Death In June, Atheist, Darkthrone, Ulver, Sigh, Nocternity, Gorgoroth, Altar of Plagues, Ulcerate, Cough

Not too shabby

>He doesn't know about weeb jazz metal
youtube.com/watch?v=Z9X1Ta1jN8E
youtube.com/watch?v=mTAE1o8TliY

>Blackjazz
>not jazz

Because it had good bands on it. People either flipped their shit, or went along with it. The term itself doesn't mean anything, nobody here's ever given me a clear definition for it. It's basically just saying, "This is gay."

>Marilyn Manson with harsh vocals and a saxophone
>jazz

+Bathory, Ascended Dead, Carcass, Eructation, Black Fast, Xysma
Solid shit there, dude.

Thanks man, if you like newer death metal with an older sound check out TrenchRot

Sure will, thanks.

What does /metal/ think of Cobalt?

I dig 'em. Gin's probably my favorite, but Slow Forever really wasn't bad either. The new vocalist is a great fit.

I fucking love Brujeria but Weebgrind? You're being ironic right?

new album was fucking boring and too long

Thanks for tha recc

How's the fuck did these guys raise $500,000? Do you really need that much money to record midi samples and power metal guitars with a dash of ~Le brutal vocals/drums~?

>The term itself doesn't mean anything, nobody here's ever given me a clear definition for it.
In broad strokes, a nu-male is a young man who has been seduced by this (mainly internet-borne) phenomenon of reddit-tier, SJWesque third or fourth wave feminism. Everything manly and primitive is below them and must be eradicated, being submissive towards women to the point of being proud of being ashamed of being men is encouraged if not mandatory, they like to "subvert" cultural tropes (relevant example: turning black metal into soft rock) and are always ready to go on a meaningless tirade full of big words that tries to explain how everything is offensive and below their standards except for whatever the third/fourth-wave feminist hate machine is currently spewing out.

This isn't a comprehensive definition, but that's what it meant when it first started gaining traction. Nowadays, especially in metal, a nu-male is anyone who wants to be methul but can't handle the primitivism it almost always comes with it, or think it's not intellectually challenging or emotionally compelling enough.

Delicate flowers posing as dilligent academics is what I'm aiming for here

Wintersun sucks

New album since wen?

Already posted mine in the previous thread, but whatevz

+ Dismemeber, Disma, Entombed, Bolt Thrower, Suffo, Los Crudos, Darkthrone, Impetigo, Grave, funcore

really great stuff senpai. Also is the "new" D.R.I. ep worth a shit?

++ Xysma
+ Wormrot, Brujeria, Piggy D, Carcass, Bathory
- WOO WOO

>How's the fuck did these guys raise $500,000?
Fans are retarded.
>Do you really need that much money to record midi samples and power metal guitars with a dash of ~Le brutal vocals/drums~?
No, but saunas are expensive.

dem saunas are not gonna buy themselves

their 2016 album

Their s/t is solid, even though Time 1 sucked and Jari is a prick, fuck you.

Finns are the 1%

>Also is the "new" D.R.I. ep worth a shit?
Kek. The only worthy song on it is Couch Slouch

What the fuck is "primitivism" referring to? How does any of this correlate to the music, or the criticism of music, in any way? The only thing more vapid than a "nu male" is somebody that would dismiss entire genres or bands because they don't want to look like one on /metal/.

There is nothing wrong with weeb grind friend

>WOO WOO

what

nice goregrind btw

i guess he means the primal characteristics of metal

>Sonic Mass
This is such a criminally ignored album. Anyone else (but me and you) think it's not just a great album overall, up to date and fresh, but also probably one of the only two or three actually successful comebacks that have been so en vogue this decade?
>Their s/t is solid
I used to think so, but if you sit down and listen to it with honesty, it just sounds like a melodic flower power metal band covering mid-era Ensiferum. I'm so sad that Kai left Rotten Sound to join such a suckfest.
The rather heterogeneous mix of techniques, production values and executional approach that are usually gathered under the vague umbrella term of "BR00TAL"

>There is nothing wrong with weeb grind friend
Only the faggy imagery gets on my bad side. The tunes are meh

>Delicate flowers posing as dilligent academics

Your post is pretty indicative of you being one, yes.

Does anybody like A Perfect Circle around here?

Fuck Wintersun and Jari's faggy sauna

Probably.

New tool album when

Some of it is way better than others I will give you that

Go-zen is still the best weeb grind

youtube.com/watch?v=49z9alGtc0U

Yeah. Just spotted it on Bandcamp, wew

>The rather heterogeneous mix of techniques, production values and executional approach

And those are? And the absence of these is what makes a band "nu male" metal?

>hates glam
>cannot argumentate his opinion
Why extremecucks do this?

Their s/t came in 2004 and has no relations to what he does now, so fuck off.
It's one of my primal guilty pleasures, let me be, user!

Any good melancholic black metal?

+entombed, suffocation, bolt thrower, lil ugly mane, mayhem
-$uicideboy$
+pharmakon, death in june, atheist, ulver, gorgoroth, cough
-death grips, orchid, wu-tang clan, sigh, vektor
+grand belial's key, the body, bathory, cromagnon
-organ:, tribulation
+dystopia

In other words, yes. The "this sounds like music by and for cavemen" attitude towards most extreme metal, even sometimes by fans of other kinds of metal like NWOBHM or Power Metal (sometimes even the speed/thrash crowd disregard stuff like brutal dm or raw bm because it's too "primitive")
Well, the insanely low-tuning and gurgling vocals that are pretty common amongst the technical and brutal dm bands that started popping out before the mid-90s, for one. It's not that these specific elements are what's defined as "brutal" nor that the lack of these elements automatically make the music metal for nu-males. I'm just trying to give you an idea of the kind of person who gets called that and what are the ways they're more likely to respond to metal in general. I'm not even explaining it from the point of view of someone who uses the term in a pejorative manner. It's just a cold and detached observation and analysis of a phenomenon.

Is Alcest the only good blackgaze band?

Nu-male greatest hits collection

Botanist's last album

>venom
DELET THIS
rest is spot on though

Fen are alright

It's also virtually the only blackgaze band because everyone, and I do mean everyone else just copied Souvenirs[...] and just modified one or two musical elements like timbre and what not

+DSO, Dismember, EW
-Burzum
Have you heard Isengard?

why he left deicide?

Why is Orchid negative?

>Sonic Mass is such a cmininally ignored album.

Totally agreed. I just heard it recently because I also thought that "this album cant be good due to the 20 year gap", but its really great. I like how its basically sounds like 2000s era Killing Joke.

WOO WOO symbolizes The Body

+ Electric Wizard, Dismemeber

NO WAIT DELETE KING DIAMOND RIGHT FUCKING NOW

And people don't like these brutal dm bands because feminism? People do like Nails, Leviathan and Cobalt, because feminism?

Are you ok?

>dio
Cease from living

Sure.

>Negative WU
wew

>lykathea, gorguts and cryptopsy but no gojira

Gojira wasn't on the pink chart, either.

Which is fine.

This Eructation demo comp is fucking awesome. Great early 90s Swedish death metal.
Thanks to the guy who posted this a few days ago.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=rIhG_SkRE2s

youtube.com/watch?v=6IHaE-TXbZQ

@71934419
This makes no fucking sense

Can you guys reccomend me some jazz metal?

Best Quebec black metal bands?

>there's nothing wrong with autists

Sigh and Atheist's Unquestionable Pressence

Ved Buens Ende and Deathspell Omega after SMRC

Forteresse

>not even nu-male shitposting can kill /metal/ for good

I guess we are a walking zombie forever

Ephel Duath and Shining (nor)

>nu-male shitposting

What else does this general post?

youtube.com/watch?v=toNA6BcPDDI
youtube.com/watch?v=y0_jjCypUjI