What did you think lads? Refn's best work to date imo

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c9PCxz3KyFc
ridgecrestcinemas.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Total 4 bags of popcorn and a soda if I ever saw one

youtube.com/watch?v=c9PCxz3KyFc

good AF. Idk if as good as Drive or OGF, but stellar

Visually appealing, driving soundtrack, memorable scenes, good acting and production.

So Ruby really was an actual demon right?

I was disappointed. Visually great and good soundtrack, but the Motel Part drags on too long, keanu seems superfluous and the shock factor seems cheap (DUDE NECROPHILIA LMAO). That being said it had some really great memorable scenes.

i was disappointed too, but its still decent and its clear that he's kinda parodying himself and his recent history as a filmmaker. it just simply doesn't work as well as it could. or even come close. hes too autistic and simply doesn't know enough about women, and it shows.

ogf is still (and probably forever) his magnum opus, and the neon demon is probably his 2nd or 3rd worst movie.

>hes too autistic and simply doesn't know enough about women, and it shows.
Well it wasn't supposed to be realistic in that way, I mean women do act like bitches to each other and the movie showed that in a hyperbolic way

>tfw this film won't make it to my local cinema
living in a small town is complete suffering

It was in my theater for a week. So I don't fucking know.

Can understand why, I live in a city of about 400k in the UK and there were only 8 people in the entire screening when I went to see it yesterday (granted a weekday but still). Am surprised it's gotten as wide a release as it has here.

T H I S
H
I
S

Yeah, I understand too. The one thing I yearn for about "big city life" is not only real, large cinemas, but a variety to choose from.

Here's the film listings for my cinema for like the past two or three weeks:
ridgecrestcinemas.com/

Summer releases are nauseating.

I saw it in Copenhaggen with authentic danes in the theater. They all had blankets wrapped around their midriff and were constantly clucking their tongues throughout the movie.

yeah really.

Fucking movie comes out, finally get a day off work and boom they arent fucking playing it anymore.

>constantly clucking their tongues
is... is that a thing?

Garbage director, garbage actress.

I think they were either aroused or feeling judgemental.

The only cinema showing it in my area is an "arthouse cinema" in the hipster area of town. Not sure if I want to see it that badly.

adderall addicts

Evidently she was a witch out for the blood of the young in order to maintain her youthful appearance. It at least explains her obsessions and reason for owning a mansion despite claiming she was only house sitting

and, most of all, garbage tripfag

I assumed the blankets were either because they were big Refn buffs or they wanted to keep their internal organs warm to resist the circulation problems amphetamine causes.

My biggest issue with arthouse cinemas isn't the clientele, it's that they usually have a far smaller screen and much, much worse sound. That and they frequently don't step the seats properly so you get someone's head in the way. All round bad experience desu.

I'm seeing it tomorrow so i'll finally be able to know. Can't wait.

>scenes drag on too long
>predictable ending
>black swan ripoff

I didn't hate it, but i didn't like it either

>actually watched for plot
How pleb can you get

If i just want pretty visuals i can go to an art gallery

Well if you want good stories you should be reading ancient poetry anyway

Going Saturday. Taking a flask of bourbon. Will report back. Wish me luck.

He got female playwrights to write the screenplay

he changed most of it during filming tho

15 plebs walked out of my screening most I've ever seen

>Black swan ripoff

Fuck you

At which parts out of interest?

can we get a proper webm of this yet?

Saw it on a first date. She loved the make up and the style, the necrophilia wasn't her thing and she could've done without. The cannibalism didn't faze her much. And yes, i got to fuck her.

tldr: based Refn got me laid

>the necrophilia wasn't her thing
fucking

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

B-but user, i'm not a corpse.

only god forgives is the citizen kane of the 00s so no, but it was pretty good

Nope, he didn't.

>implying refn would ever actually film another persons script
he probably just did that to avoid feminists bitching about a man putting words in a womans mouth

yep, he did. just like he does with literally every movie he makes

I want you guys and girls to explain to me Vallhalla Rising. Please.

I thought the mansion belonged to the dead woman she makeups near the start

>Jessie is supposed to represent the ideal beauty
>Doesn't cast Anzujaamu

You had one job, Refn

>tfw no decent rip to watch

a viking ghost repents for the sin of exterminating the natives

Bump by future Batgirl if Refn will be involved in DCEU.

is this a doll thread? this ain't /toy/

But ND is not art, it's a film.

worst girl

test

Why do people lick Mercy's clit so hard? She's looks hot but what am I missing?

i really hated it the first time i watched it (two days ago) and now i kinda want to watch it again for some reason.