>the last samurai is a white manlet

Wow.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satsuma_Rebellion
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Steven pls

>kills a noble samurai Asian man
>marries and fucks his widow

this movie is one of the most blatant examples of white hollywood racism against asians pervasive today

www.kulturemedia.org

Everyone is going to try to tell you that you are wrong and the other guy was the last samurai. But don't believe them.

samurai is plural

What a great film. Cruisekino.

The other guy is the last samurai.

Tom is just a witness to the event

>white manlet

So standard Asian height? Sounds like smart casting to me, OP.

Azns do this too. Tony Wong is only half-Chinese so he can only get roles as serial-killers and baby-killing psychos.

This really is a beautiful and tragic movie.

Tom is actually considered a giant in Japan. average height is 5ft.

literally who? also that's like what? one or two movies compared to an entire industry actively trying to socially and mentally denigrate asian men and women to fluff up white egos.

Why can't hollywood do that? Every movie industry pushes its own thing. As far as dealing with foreigners go this movie's really the opposite anyway. It lionizes what was an archaic and regressive ideology and makes the story far more romantic and tragic than the real thing.

>Why can't hollywood do that?
>Why don't people like racism
back to Sup Forums with your dated status quo

>As far as dealing with foreigners go this movie's really the opposite anyway. It lionizes what was an archaic and regressive ideology and makes the story far more romantic and tragic than the real thing.
they made the tragic end of a noble Japanese caste some sort of self-discovery journey of a white man savior while actual japanese were just background to prop up his heroics. it's a self-masturbatory white fantasy and it's shit.

Let me tell you something that might be a bit dangerous. I was raised in Japan. I was schooled in martial arts. I was given the title of master. They take a movie “The Last Samurai.” They have a 5-foot-2-inch little guy, whether he was straight or gay, I don’t know. I don’t care. He had never been to Japan. He doesn’t speak Japanese. He has never held a sword. They make him the Last Samurai. We got 450,000 phone calls [laughs] from everybody in the world saying, “That role was perfect for you. How did that happen?” Most of the people I know didn’t like the film and didn’t go see it. It’s just a classic example of Hollywood and the politics.

>tfw you're in the mood to shitpost back and forth but the other user isn't willing to put in the effort
you pulled the 'back to Sup Forums' way too early now there's nowhere for this to go.

And now the thread's saved again. You tell 'em Steven.

nah it's obvious you were just parroting pol rhetoric and now ran out of steam because you've been found outside your echochamber

>Billy Connoly was in this film for no reason

I've never seen anybody on this site other than me mention Tony Wong before. Lazy shitposting (or what I perceive as lazy shitposting, I'm not perfect) legitimately upsets me.

I thought he was pretty good for what he did. They needed a strong performance to show the good side of western military tradition and Connoly was really good for that. He only really needed to make that one point then his character wasn't really needed anymore, and I don't think his character would have worked if he went out any way other than dying in battle.

If you dont like this film, I dont like you, straight up.
pure cruisekino

I don't think you understand this whole idea of having protagonist going through great unknown to find out what is really important. It's the western film !! Very sensitive ones like "The Searchers". Watch contemporary pieces like this "Last Samurai", "Dances With Wolves", or "Avatar". Any dumbass should be able to see what is going on underneath of its surface.

THAT

ITS SO THE LITTLE ASIANS DONT GET INTIMATED

THERES LIKE TWO YAO MINGS AND EVERYONE ELSE IS 4 FOOT 11

this, tbqh

Personally I really liked the film, especially the themes of loyalty to your Sovereign.
Katsumoto was fighting for the Emperor and at the same time he was fighting the Emperor's courtiers and ministers who were suppose to be the Emperor's.

The white dude really fucking annoyed me, especially the whole "I killed a squaw and now I have ptsd" bullshit that movies have when referencing Indians in period films.

The last mafia don - starring jackie chan

Eh !?

Japanese are manlets.

I fell sick I had to much to dunk. I think I might their up

>I'R GIVE HIM A TROUBRE HE CAN'T REFUSE

you allright m8?

>The Last Nigga On Earth, starring Tom Hanks

Yeah I feel a little better. I too some deep breaths and drank some water
Drank to much thi

Abolishing the samurai was the best decision of Meiji period. No-one liked those power-hungry freaks whose favorite past time was chopping up random peasants and being rich gay fucks.

m8, the samurai were among the people who wanted to modernize japan.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satsuma_Rebellion

>using modern weapons
>french advisors
>totally the same thing as nips in lacquered armor.

They should have let Saigo invade Korea and get all the unemployed ones get themselves killed, they ended up invading it anyway

>the first weabu
>not being a longhaired white manlet

hey BRAH you seem like a real faggot