Who would you rather have on your crew?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DzLo-q_CK2w
youtube.com/watch?v=dcJwpR67aPI
youtube.com/watch?v=9v_YRe7lht4
youtube.com/watch?v=qlV3bsafkq0#t=3m29s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Whoever the most logical

Data. Spok can fuck off with his "le no emotions even though I have an emotional break down every episode"

Data can survive in conditions impossible for humans. That alone would make him ten times more useful to have along.

Data is physically stronger, more intelligent and immune to biological weapons

Data is immune to a lot of shit which came in handy plenty of times in TNG

Spock is literally a fedora tipper.

this

Data.

The only thing Spock does better is diplomacy.

who ever wins a set of 4d chess

But spock is and will always be your friend.

Spock as friend.

But Data is a fucking robot. He does everything except fear.

Who would be the more "logical" choice? Data.
Who would I rather have as a companion? Spock.

Data is more capable of solving problems

>neelix looking thing that's not neelix or even the same race
I think this is the main reason I never touched the show.

Spock, because he's less annoying.

This.

Spock

I find Datas quest to be human more endearing than le euphoric logical man

Spock has psi powers which are infinitely more useful than Data's robot strength, which is pretty insignificant in a universe where teleportation, synthesizing matter and phasers exist. Data can get damaged by arrows and spears, he's arguably less useful than a human being with a tricorder.

>a man tries to get rid off his emotions
>a robot tries to have them

Pottery

If I was human, I would find this thread... highly insulting.

Geordie. Why did ensign Ceeayyaee call me, 'a big guy'? Are my proportions not similar to the galactic humanoid average?

ITT: people who never saw Star Trek

Data had some malfunction almost once every 3 episodes, he's way worse than Lieutenant "I go fuck crazy once in 7 years" Spock

spotted the retard. Spock went crazy almost every episode

by "almost every episode" do you mean "2-3 times in 3 seasons"?

Oh Data! It is an idiom, a colloquial expression. He meant that you have a great tolerance for pain. See, if I pitch you, you don't even blink.

>tfw spock almost has a better sex life than yourself

>Spock is a walking meme
>Data is a brobot

Gee, I wonder

>not getting spock and installing aftermarket vagoo and milkmounds

your loss, it's very comfy

With the amount of cosmic mind fuck the enterprise comes across I'll take data thank you

Dr. Phlox was the shit, dude.

why did so many people hate this show?

>Thought Spock was a mary sue
>Data shows up

Ooh look at me I make meme rap songs about cats! Fuck off.

cause it was pretty bad

Ah, I get it! A colloquial expression! Chunky bloke, colossal dude, enormous fellow, hefty chap, sizable gentleman, tremendous individual, huge chum, massive male, substantial chap.
Thanks Geordie!

How so?

Premise was fucked for one thing. So much time is spent with the "temporal cold war" plot which never got interesting because it took place in a future we never saw. The characters were mostly uninteresting and it was filled with obnoxious pandering with the "sexy" decon chamber scenes.

It got better over time but it wasn't enough.

Temporal cold war=Post 9/11 US military recruitment propaganda

looka this cunt

Season 1 and 2 were total shit save for the andorian episodes, the vulcans weren't emotionless in it and every single one of them always seemed to be yelling at people, and the villains sucked because we already knew that everything worked itself out fine due to the fact that TOS/TNG/DS9/VOY all happened and made it meaningless in the end.

Season 3 started to improve, and season 4 was when it finally found it's own place and got good, save for the last episode. But by then it was too late.

Data.

youtube.com/watch?v=DzLo-q_CK2w
youtube.com/watch?v=dcJwpR67aPI

The first video isn't Data, it's a someone evil takes over Data episode

Keep it going bro

Watching Wesley with the machine, it was suddenly so clear. The Android would never stop. It would never leave him. It would never nerve pinch him, never shout at him, or get drunk on Romulan ale and mind-meld with him, or say it was too busy Pon farring to spend time with him. It would always be there. And it would die to protect him. Of all the would-be science officers who came and went over the years, this thing, this machine was the only one that measured up. In an insane quadrant, it was the sanest choice

That's enough Mr Data!

Data often seems more of a liability desu

>implying he didn't save the ship 10^x times
Data was the reason for practically every mission either going smoothly or never ending in disaster.

>it's a Data gets arbitrarily affected by the same neural/biological/psychic phenomena that's affecting the rest of the crew episode

>It's a Tasha gets funky with a drunk robot episode

underrated tbqh fäm

Not a Trek guy. I'm assuming Data is a robot Did they ever address him aging? Did his weight ever change, and if so was that ever addressed? I don't know why but I'm curious.

>implying Data wouldn't be the greatest baneposter ever

When TNG started Data already served for like 20 or almost 30 years. H doesn't age but his actor sure did.

>At this point in the scene, Beverly is seen jamming more cordrazine into old, worn hyposprays while looking off into the horizon at the planet's binary moons, her red hair matted and uniform dirtied by the previous day's events.

This doesn't answer my question. Also what the fuck is H?

HE doesn't age but Brent Spiner did. Thats why he and basically everyone looked so bloated and miserable in the TNG movies especially Nemesis

HE?
As in "he" doesn't age, meaning Data?
Or is it initialism?

Was she bisexual?

Why did they make her look so stupid here?
What the fuck were they trying after?

david lynch

it was the 80s

everything looked silly in the 80s

He chose to manually age in the future so that's the excuse for actor aging

oh please let dataposting take off

I believe "HE" in this case is a nominative pronoun, the male person or animal being discussed or last mentioned, that male one who is neither speaker nor hearer.
Captain, if I may, this anonymous poster appears to be suffering from acute autism, as he is unable to comprehend a simple written statement.

Oh, damn, very nice spot, user.
Armus sure did turn her Twin Peaks into Blue Velvet.

Data

He's superior to Spock in everyway and 100% obedient

yes thank you data.

Data, you capitalised both the H and the E in "HE".

There was no previous need for emphasis, don't you see it?

DATA?!

Data with his emotion chip thing. Then he can laugh at all my shit jokes.

It's a "Data betrays his friends for a promotion" episode

Your mother was a tricorder!

>go gambling with Data
>never have to work again

Dah-Ta

youtube.com/watch?v=9v_YRe7lht4

>they didn't even bother to film one goodbye scene for her

youtube.com/watch?v=qlV3bsafkq0#t=3m29s

Good she was fucking annoying

This is not a valid question.

Make me choose between Seven and Data.

Spock.

For the bantz.

Oh man, I love both, but I guess I'd go with Spock because of his vast experience. Data is one of my favorite characters ever, but he can be unreliable since he's almost a child.

What an unusual quirk, eh number one? Data appears to be... emulating autistic behaviour, for want of a better term. I want everyone to stay back, but keep an eye on him all the same.

Worf I'm assigning you to watch Data. Report back immediately if anything untoward occurs. This should be an interesting learning experience for him.

Her character was like a stock Sims character with only the career picked out.

Even Dr. Ubenge had more personality.

What are you talking about? It only happened once or twice, and usually when everyone else on the crew was being mind controlled or whatever too. You're thinking of nu-Star Trek where Spock screams and punches Sherlock.

>Captain, there are very few people aboard the Enterprise who could have broken off a piece of my dick in their ass. Commander Data IS one of those people.

WEW LADS
WE HAVE OURSELVES A WINNER RIGHT HERE

That last sentence I read in a crystal clear perfect Worf voice.

Literally the best female character on TNG. Troi is the goddamn mess, and Beverly is constantly harping and nagging about doing shit because her sensitive feeeelings no matter what the laws of the federation or the prime directive says.
>"But Jean-Luc, I don't caaaaaare that their race forbids autopsies, all I care about is myself and my medical degree!"

Polaski was a sassy old dame who did her job and didn't take any guff. Truly GOAT.

EXCUSE ME Mr Worf? Did I hear you correctly? Your out of line, commander!

Spock is a Commander you faggot.

She actually grew too.

Came to see Data as a person, and a better doctor than Beverly as well.

But Commander, if you will just-

66-79 Spock without any of the Commie bullcrap.

Uhh Captain you better have a look at this...

It's a rare Pepe off the starboard bow.

Onscreen.

Magnify. Again Mr Data.

Troi are you sensing anything?

When the going gets tough and the ship needs saved; Spock. If I'm the Captain: Spock.

Since I'm a retarded minwage worker who'd never get in Starfleet anyway where I on the Enterprise I'd be some peon and since for the majority of the ship these men are astronomically high ranks I'd rather work under Data.

Don't get me wrong I like hardwork and a hardworking competent boss is great but I have my hobbies too and I if I was going to go either of those officers to get time off it would be Data every time.

Sure he turns evil every now and then and gets possessed even more but I reckon he'd let you arrange some other twat to cover your watch while you do something stupid. While Spock probably wouldn't wait to make eye contact before telling you to fuck off.

I CANT SENSE ANYTHING CAPTAIN IM BEING BLOCKED BY ELECTRICAL INFETTERENCE

I feel...smugness. And virginity. I've never sensed something so strange.