Got an old cat which I've had almost all my life but it's started getting pretty senile and is pissing all over the...

Got an old cat which I've had almost all my life but it's started getting pretty senile and is pissing all over the house. What do?

Could be an infection or injury or problem with the litter box. Check that 1st, then assume senility.

shit in your hands and rub it on your chest

Punch ur mom in the face

You can buy cat diapers.

My dad's a vet and he said she has a kidney problem and put her on medication

I just don't know what to do about the piss smell in my house. Debating getting her put down, my dad would fucking kill me though

Hey. If its fur starts looking greasy, its probably starting to go into kidney failure. I had a cat who went that way, and it was sad at the end. I should've put her down earlier. If they ate mostly kibble all their life, it fucks their kidneys up.

Trips has spoken

Trips of truth

dubs. also how does kibble fuck their kidneys up? That's all my cat eats so I think I know why she has kidney problems now

done.

Do what's best for the cat obviously and take the above advice about not jumping to the senility conclusion. I'm guessing your one of these people that don't waste money taking your animals to the vet, but I do advise you step up and take care of your family if it's needed. It's not even a choice it's your responsibility to do so. If it's time to say goodbye for the cats sake not yours then you'll need to get a vet involved anyway. Please make well informed decisions

My dad's a vet and has checked her over, she's on kidney medications now but keeps pissing everywhere

I saved her when she was a stray so she doesn't wear any collars or anything, I doubt she would wear a diaper lol

>how does kibble fuck their kidneys up?
I dunno dude. Calcification, minerals they don't need. Stuff like that. I have another cat that I got around the same time as the greasy one who died. After divorce, I took one and the X took the other. I feed mine only cans of wet food, one hockey-puck sized can a day. She looks great, perfect health. Fifteen years old. Goes outside, kills birds. Outside cats normally die early, but not this one. No sir, she's bullet proof.

Yea I don't think that's what fucked her up then because she is about 19 or 20 and is an outside cat, I think she's just getting old tbh

Well if that's true you should take his advice. If it's just incontinence then it could be any number of things. Infection, bladder control issues or even the medication it's on. I know it's tough but you really have to be positive before you take action. One thing is for sure though it's not the cats fault so please don't get angry with it, especially if it is deterioration of the faculties. That will only confuse and frighten an already confuses little cat

Thats getting pretty old. For sure, no more outside. Maybe some kitty grass in one of those Chia Pots.

Yea I guess I'l just have to get used to a background odor of cat piss in my house for a while. Don't think I could bring myself to put that cat down anyway

I read that in Karl's voice.

Also, if they're pissing in plain sight, they're asking for help and they know they're sick. Normally cats will hide it in corners.

I'd rather her be happy than depressed and healthy inside, She only really comes in to sleep and when it's too cold for her

No she's not doing that

Good on you mate. My cat has the same problem, don't notice the smell anymore. Sure my friends and girls smell it, but who cares about them. At least my cat has always been loyal. 13yrs and counting

I hear ya. I keep mine inside from Nov til April. But they get used to it after a couple weeks. In a couple years I won't allow her outside at all, because other cats will chase her. For now, she's cool, but soon it'll be the wrong end of the fight.