Could someone explain Finnish sauna etiquette to me? Do you do it with your friends? With family? With other sexes...

Could someone explain Finnish sauna etiquette to me? Do you do it with your friends? With family? With other sexes? What do you do if you get a boner?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7WF0KGtiETU
youtube.com/watch?v=7afkRD1Wb_4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

> What do you do if you get a boner?
hmmm really causes my neural cells to depolarize....

do you usually get boners around guys cause its time to be hones t with yourself

you get naked and sweat with anyone youd like

friends, family, coworkers, mixed sex and no, no you don't get a bonger, if you do the sauna isn't hot enough

/

You go with whoever you are with, family, friends,... on some occasions with opposite sexes too, if it's a private sauna.

>get naked
>shower
>get in
>sit on the upper benches
>try not to die
>get out when done

You won't feel like having boners in sauna, if you do, it might be a non-sauna.

youtube.com/watch?v=7WF0KGtiETU

Shower beforehand? :D

this

if it's your own or your friends or whoever sauna you most likely don't shower before going in
if it's like a public sauna at a swimming pool or spa or something it's polite to wash yourself before using the sauna

Yes :D

That really made me think. My dad never does it, but I've always done it, but I've never thought about why I do it... hmm. Why do people shower or won't shower before sauna?

is.. is that.. an electric sauna kettle? because that's definitely a case of the non-sauna

1. clothes off
2. show everyone your'e benis
3. lie down and assume a sexy position like they do in stock photographs
4. if there are any Germans in the sauna, fart loudly, that usually drives them off, though the smell of shit might attract Swedes and other poofters, so perform this with caution

The shameful secret of everyone. Everybody is a faggot who owns an electric sauna, but everyone living in urban area has only electric ones.

It's anyways much less hassle to just to twist a knob to heat the sauna than put lumbers inside. Especially if drunk.

...and why do you go to sauna when you're drunk? are you retarded or something?

Saunad make me horny, and i usually end up fapping if im alone

>Do you do it with your friends?
Yes

>With family?
Depends on the family's culture, some families stop mixed-gender saunaing when the kids get start to reach puberty. I've saunaed with my dad countless times, sometimes with his girlfriend, both are in their 70s

>With other sexes?
Depends, if it's college mates, probably yes, if it's some office gathering with a slightly stiffer (no pun intended) atmosphere, maybe not

>What do you do if you get a boner?
It's possible, but more difficult thanks to the heat, so usually you can use Jedi mind tricks to order him down

So your hair and skin don't burn, you haven't started to sweat properly in the beginning

In our countryside yurt we don't have a shower, so I just splash some water over my head when going in.

Check your metsä privilege, friend

Why not? Is fun

t. finngol

Also forgot's, usually there's someone in the group assigned as ''sauna-bouncer'' and you have to wrestle them to get into saunas and see female vaginas :-D

youtube.com/watch?v=7afkRD1Wb_4

>Why not?
because it's unhealthy and the whole point of sauna is spiritual and physical health. so... if you do that shit you're either an underage pleb or a full grown retard

>not submitting to the King Alcohol in sauna
I thought Estonians were Finnish, guess our differences are bigger than expected.

guess so. you don't know shit about sauna

You don't get to decide the rules here, pal. Alcohol is always welcome to saunas and that's very European thinking ''omg don't be drunk in sauna :D'' fugg you're gettings it all wrong mate.

Sauna is perfectly fine place for alcohol. Fuck any ''health purpose'', nobody goes to sauna for that :D

I guess all Finns have done sauna'ing wrong then. What makes you think alcohol is not okay in sauna? Alcohol is perfectly fine.

>being this bydlo
shameful display

a couple of beers is alright, being drunk is just plain retarded

Sure, if you're totally wasted it probably won't be healthy. But it's not like you're entering a church or monastery to perform Sacred Rites or something. The whole point of sauna is that it's your own space where you can chill out and calm your nerves, if a couple of beers makes it more enjoyable, I don't see a problem. The benefits to physical/spiritual health kind of follow automatically.

Annoying editing and noisy chads, there's nothing more disgusting than Finns trying to act like extroverted Unitedstatians, perkele

this fucking guy

ok so let's get one thing straight. do you or do you not take a beer into the leiliruum?

People have drunk alcohol in saunas since forever and will continue to do so, I see no problems.

>Finns trying to act like extroverted Unitedstatians, perkele
That's true, I think he is from Helsinki. Also swamp wrestling is pretty gay if dicks touch, I'm not a homophobe but dicks touching is too far.

Sometimes if I'm lazy. Most of the time I have it outside while I'm taking a break from the löylying and listening to birds and frogs lose their shit

no they have not. this is a new and bydlo way of doing sauna. read a book if your parents didn't teach you the way

same here, only i always leave drinks outside. it's kind of a tradition to not take food/drink into leiliruum. sad you don't remember this

>read a book
That's not how you do sauna you autist :D my dad drinks beer in sauna, his dad did, I drink, everybody drinks. Reading books about supposed old ways is not how sauna works. You also can not prove that in my family lineage alcohol has not been part of sauna tradition since the beginning of time, maybe not having alcohol would be heresy.

I decide to trust my dad and people around me over any autist books.

my dad doesn't drink in the sauna, neither does my granddad, they told me this is not the way to do sauna. i know the kind of people who do drink in sauna or rather it's more proper to say the kind of people who like to get drunk in a hot room, not do sauna. it's bydlo tier behavior and you're a bydlo if you do it, so is your dad and everyone you know.

What's so fun about sitting in a hot wooden room that every Finn has to have it ?

Most Finnish thing I've ever seen.

Could someone explain Finnish sauna etiquette to me?

always wank off the guy to your right as is traditional Finnish custom.

also no women allowed.

Maybe it's more about semantics

I understand "drinking" and "being drunk" to cover even the limited case where you've had those 1-2 beers at max and are still able to act civilized.

Perhaps you have different customs then, nigger? :D

Besides any elitistic behaviour is exactly the opposite of what I've been teached, we are all equally bydlo in sauna and you you're not welcome in my sauna if you think otherwise.

They are not exactly cocaine-tier in fun, but enjoyable.

Gomfy sauna lad :DDd

Naked male bonding sessions in the sauna were the highlight of my trip to funland to be honest
No homo

i think the distinction is pretty clear in english and pretty clear in actual life. if you have 1-2 beers you shouldn't be drunk unless you're a featherweight in alcohol consumption

question (just to annoy you tbf): when is the correct time to start collect birch branches for the viht/viha?

>Naked male bonding sessions in the sauna were the highlight of my trip
N-No homo... yeah.

Where comes this ''you are not drunk if you are not completely wasted''? I consider ''drunk'' to be wherever tipsy begins and from there onwards. If you don't even get tipsy then there's no reason to drink alcohol to begin with.

>Where comes this ''you are not drunk if you are not completely wasted''?
you just made it up btw.

Do people talk in there or just lay back and enjoy the heat? My huritage is finnish and my grandpa has a sauna but I've never used it.

it's perfectly ok to just shut up for the whole experience or have the most meaningful conversation ever. either one is fine. the middle ground is best avoided for it is fake and annoying.

After midnight xD either that or the elves will get you

Either silence or meaningful talk, like Estonian flag said.

>the smell of shit
>repelling Germans

yes, and the one thing we know about the elves is they love that gay shit. terrible folk

maybe it's the sound which scares them outside to dig trenches?

never been to a sauna, would really like to go to one. i love hot tubs, hot baths, hot showers, anything that makes my skin warm and wrinkly