Tell me about DC Sup Forums

Tell me about DC Sup Forums

I'm moving there soon and thinking of going to Alexandria or Arlington. DC proper sounds fucked desu.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-JjtR9oJlLQ?t=55
trulia.com/real_estate/Washington-District_Of_Columbia/crime/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oslo,_Minnesota
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

it's shit

youtu.be/-JjtR9oJlLQ?t=55

>alexandria
could you guys please stop stealing names of old world cities

t; butthurt refugee

I'm from Reston and both of those places are nice desu

I'd pick Alexandria over Arlington though. Yes DC proper is a fucking shithole.

Been living in Vienna for a year, moved here from a small town so being on the edge of the suburbs was good for me. Took pic related from my porch.

It's been a year and I'm making more money and getting kind of tired of spending 2+ hours a day in transit to get downtown. Clarendon seems like a pretty cool place for young professionals, and Rosslyn is walking distance to Georgetown. Old Town Alexandria has some really shitty old places, but seems pretty cool for live music and drinking.

Do other countries do this? I used to live near Bagdad, Florida. There's also a Hollywood, Florida and a Jupiter, FL. Would it really be so hard to come up with an original name? I mean shit name the town after yourself at least have your own story, fuck.

What's Clarendon like? I'm really thinking of moving there.

I lived there briefly and loved it. It has great bars and restaurants and has its own metro stop. There's also a mall there although it's probably not the nicest one I've ever been to. Never felt unsafe walking around at night. It's a great place to feel like you're living in DC without actually being in it. Only downside is that it is kind of yuppie libtard central and you will run into more than a few snobby cunts.

>Do other countries do this?
Other new world countries do this as well (e.g. London in Canada) but they sometimes change the names a little bit (like they changed Braunschweig to Brunswick etc.)

Why are you moving to an area you know nothing about? Why not visit first and actually see instead of getting advice from Sup Forums? 80% of DC is fine, just expensive as fuck. It's been gentrified for a decade now.

>Le epic banter haha alienz xDDD
>hammond you're so silly to believe that haha trolled
>drives through black area
>omg gonna die
>this is what all of DC looks like

Surprised that shit got on air without looking pretty racist

I still see thugged out niggaz and homeless people all over the place, even in NW. Is this normal for a big city? I lived in the woods before this DC is the only city I've ever really seen.

Although the shadiest shit I've ever seen at night in DC was just a homeless guy shooting up and minding his own business, so maybe not so bad.

This is a good place to get honest opinions though. Not even him. Better have a Washingtonian/Virginian/Marylander tell you if an area is trouble frankly than >get shot.

>Thuggish people and homeless

Common in every city in America

No really, it's not, 10 minutes of research on bad areas of DC will let you know where to go.

trulia.com/real_estate/Washington-District_Of_Columbia/crime/

Otherwise by the end of this thread you'll have people memeing about the entire city being a war zone, etc because they saw a black guy with baggy pants on the Metro near L'Enfant

I live in DC. City is way better than Alexandira.

Good transit for US.Lots to do. Nice architecture. Not sure what your concern is.

DC was once dangerous, like 25 years now. Now most of the city is gentrified and nice. There was a time when living east of the river was considered a bad idea, even 5 years ago., But even that is gentrifying now.

The poor areas of Alexandria, VA, and MD are way worse than DC.

>Do other countries do this?
Not really, it's a side effect of having a lot of immigrants and vast unnamed areas that need naming quick.

This. We have a lot of shit to name and native names don't always cut it, unless everybody wants to live in Pawnsaquanee or whatever. Also immigrants often named towns after wherever they were from, so yourselves are partially to blame. I bet there's an Oslo or New Oslo somewhere in this country.

where are you coming from?

I lived in DC for two years and hated every day of it.

It's hot. It's expensive. The people are all incredibly self-important. The city itself is split between shitty ghettoes and fancy neighbourhoods for rich liberals and lobbyists.

I hope it gets nuked by Iran.

Virginia is a massive shitheap desu
If you're not going to live in DC at least live in Maryland

Northern Virginia is a traffic clogged suburban outpost of the American military-industrial complex. Manmade lakes, shopping centers, McMansions, and government employees. What little culture the area has is, I shit you not, based entirely around traffic patterns.

The city itself is really nice if you can afford it. World class universities, spooks, museums, gorgeous architecture and a genuine history and culture. Sometimes you'll find yourself standing in front of the Belgium embassy or some other cool landmark.

pretty much.

VA area is 90% strip malls and generic subdivisions. Full of ghetto areas too. Nothing to do in VA. MD parts of DC are even worse.

DC itself is expensive, but like a European city.

Adams Morgan is the shit. The best nightlife and has plenty of bars, restaurants, cafes, and even a chilled bookstore or two.

Adams Morgan is awesome but I disagree it has best nightlife. it used to, but H, U, and 14th st replaced it.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oslo,_Minnesota
Turns out there is

>Surprised that shit got on air without looking pretty racist