This is crushing, it feels too real. what are your thoughts Sup Forums? i think it is a great and emotionally raw album

this is crushing, it feels too real. what are your thoughts Sup Forums? i think it is a great and emotionally raw album.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=E8jDZE8yWIM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

She was the crow the whole time.

i haven't listened to it yet so i can't comment too much about it but the cover looks very mysterious

Lyrically, I agree with you, i really felt the lyrics on every song, but musically, it didn't do much for me

it's not entertainment, it's something else.

The weird, voyeuristic feel of this album is almost too much for me to handle. It's literally just a dude whose wife just died talking about how terrible it feels to have your wife die in intensely mundane detail. It feels like Phil literally made this album as part of his grieving process, and that I'm literally listening to someone grieve on recording. It's not made for anyone to listen to. The music is so simple and boring because it doesn't matter - Phil is just going through the motions and making the music as a coping mechanism. People who complain that the album is boring musically are completely misunderstanding why the album was made.

overrated garbage for redditors

>People who complain that the album is boring musically are completely misunderstanding why the album was made.

No, that's a completely valid complaint. There are millions of sad and tragic things happening every day. I feel bad for the guy, but you might as well listen to 911 operator tapes or read the journal of a cancer patient.

I understand that this album might have value to people who are deeply invested in Phil, or can really relate to this kind of loss, but I think music can be more than just a confessional journal and I think it's somewhat disingenuous to praise the album on those grounds.

There needs to be some level of abstraction or deeper reflection for it to really resonate with me, I feel like I know nothing about Phil's wife as a person or what she really represented to him. Maybe he wasn't comfortable with revealing much about her, but it's almost paradoxically impersonal to focus on his own pain without saying anything about who she was. It's all about his suffering, which is difficult to find in meaning in for anyone besides the aforementioned target crowd and Phil himself.

He should have just wrote a book

This album is pandering trash and phil killed his wife btw xD

I think it is very emotion album with very real emotion on the lyric in the albim very sad lyroc in albim i am make sad water frim lryioc in albim sad wief di reel emotin sid angry lyrois albimlsm sahfoaishfsakfnasfiohasoifshaoifhsoaiv

this, it would've been the best book in the last 50 years. Instead we get a barely top 5 album of the 2010s (so far)

Maybe not a normal book, more like a book of poetry/prose. Definitely would have been a more complete artistic work than this album.

banking on your wifes death. hmm yeah thats real art right there

That's pretty much what he did, in music form. The lack of instrumentation/varied sounds is clearly intentional, especially coming from the man behind the microphones and mount eerie.

youtube.com/watch?v=E8jDZE8yWIM

I thought that as I posted. I'll admit the man's voice saying (it's more spoken than sang) the lines has a power to it. Still stand by my statement though, maybe if he cut out the meager musical element he would have come up w even more affecting lines focusing on them solely.

when he sings "I went baaack to feel alone" like he did in The Moon tugged at me :(

He's a musician though...

anthony get out

>nu-males

What does it being boring musically have anything to do with how it was made? They don't affect each other.

*why (not how)

Its the saddest album ever made. Theres no more grief to go around after this.

What fucks me up is we know Phil had been through some shit before meeting his wife and this must be physically destroying him.

name 1 (one) album of a similar theme that is better than this

How can somebody have so much sad that they make the Glow Pt 2 and this? I think this guy runs on sad

he didn't know sad until he had to make this album and he's said as much

a breakup is nothing compared to what he went through last year

Are you retarded?

it's sad. maybe one of the actual rawest sad albums to be released. he wasnt thinking of creating traditional lyrical music with this album when recording it, but putting his actual feelings of a certain point in his life into it.

i've never lost the mother of my children mortality wise, but i have lost a wife

it was sad

i get it.

maybe not 10/10 strong 8.5 tho

the part about the flowers in Seaweed makes me cry like a little bitch

AOTY

the part when he talks about putting her ashes on the hill facing north so she can see the sunset, but there's no point since she is the sunset to him :(

if you're memeing this album chances are you're 15 and have never experienced grief of any sort

Did you ever find your wife?