Throughout all this Ghostbusters remake hullabaloo...

Throughout all this Ghostbusters remake hullabaloo, where was the hate train for the remakes of Robocop and Total Recall?

I felt like I was the only one that was truly livid that two classic Verhoeven movies were being tainted with boorishly CGI driven imitators, and still haven't seen either out of protest.

Yet, people were okay with Total Recall (despite the charisma vacuum that is Colin Farrell) and people even LIKED the new Robocop despite it lacking any good satire (A parody of Fox News and Bill O'Reilly? Oh my god this has never been done before!) and a fun but at the same time, plausibly gritty looking future (ED-209's in Iraq lmao)

So truly, why does the new Ghostbusters get the hate? Why the backlash against reboots now?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hyjfNQ0lJn4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Everyone hated that they remade/rebooted all those movies. Ghostbusters was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Because at least RoboCop's remake was directed by the guy who did the Elite Squad movies (and it had based Michael Keaton as the head of OCP). Paul Feig is a fucking hack.

No, its just /pol being insecure about their male sexuality and feeling threatened by any woman with power, because women as they are now already make them blush and avoid eye contact.

I didn't watch any of those either, or Conan, precisely for the same reason I'm not watching Ghostbusters, or will ever watch a new Gremlins.
I don't get why suddenly this is such a big deal either.

>Sup Forums

More like SJW's are being used by souless corporations as enforcers which is unironically tragic.

There is literally nothing wrong with sexism. It is entirely rational to be pissed that they replaced the entire cast with women and made a big fucking deal about it.

There was no astroturfing campaign to label people as misogynists if they expressed antipathy towards those movies

There is no fucking conspiracy thats making you be a virgin against your will causing you to hate any woman

>astroturfing
Been watching Braindead have we?

I'm not sure how killing zombies with a lawnmower relates to Sony's marketing

Term was used in latest Braindead episode. Word gets never used and now suddenly it does.

Tv is influencing you and you dont even realize it.

Also they arent zombies. Though I dont understand why theyre fighting each other,

>idiot confusing lack of interest and hate

Both movies were just blockbuster whose original movies had niche fanbases. There's not going to be a strong opinion about the remakes because no one really gave a shit and the movies were ok.

The new Ghostbusters movie was a big fuck you to everyone who grew up with the original movie and in top of it, they use third wave feminism to avoid any bad criticism to the point on telling anyone who doesn't want to see the movie a woman hater.

So yeah, that's why.

This thread again.
Turn the robot on for Sup Forums

But user, all the criticism on release was about the leads being women. This was even before there was a trailer.

Stop reasoning in hindsight.

OP, if you get a Christmas gift you never wanted, do you hate it? No, you accept it but think little of it.

And if you get a gift you've been wanting for ages, but it's the absolute shittiest version of it, do you hate it? Yes, yes you do.

There was the same initial hate.
Difference is there weren't a bunch of articles and twitter faggots and a whole campaign dedicated to spurring those haters.

Sorry, I forgot that the American userbase was retarded

Some people hated it because of the women, and the lousy shoehorned actresses they picked ("funniest women in hollywood, peasant! no other female is as funny as these hippos!").

Most of the hate came after that abysmal trailer, and then the second one. It was an insult after insult to fans of the original.

>Word gets never used and now suddenly it does.
Are you new to the Internet, or the world.
If so: welcome friend, enjoy your stay.

There was plenty of hate back then, but there was no money to be made by the media so they didn't talk about that hate.

The only difference between the hate against those two and the GB hate is that Hollywood tried to turn the GB hate into a marketing scheme, helping the film make money and helping whoever wrote about it and spun the right narrative get some extra clicks.

Astroturfing on /tv. The only words used here are kino, just, based and Bane. Admit it, you fucking watched Braindead and now are influenced as the mindless tv drone you are.

It's reddit and Sup Forums

Sup Forums doesn't have time to care about pleb flicks

Oh really? Because I thought the criticism appeared when the Sony emails were leaked and the atrocious cast, the script and the fact that Sony threatened to sue Murray if he didn't make a cameo and did publicity stunts for the movie were discovered.
Everything else was just a confirmation of what a mess of a movie this would be.

I'm not reasoning in hindsight, retard. There are legit reasons for fans to hate this movie and media can only deflect it with feminism. Personally, I never gave a shit about Ghostbusters, I was just hoping to enjoy the trainwreck, but after what they've done to Murray, they deserve to lose everything.

Its okay, one day you'll get a woman and discover women are not to all be hated.

Or you know. It is Sup Forums

When do we accept that we also have faggots here?

Every single thread created here is always attributed to other places.
Dr. Who General is tumblr
Capeshit is Sup Forums
Game of Thrones general is reddit
Baneposting is Sup Forums
racists and sexists are Sup Forums

Maybe, just maybe, we are not perfect and have a bunch of faggots creating faggot threads all day.

user stop. The truth is hurting my feeling.

Please user, don't.

lmao, this is why you idiots had your 10 years of fame and now everyone is calling on your bullshit

Would it be hard to make an argument while you do your $15/hr job?

One day, if you're a real man, you'd net the most amazing woman in the world, and some time later find out that's no matter how hot and amazing she is, you very quickly get tired of her bullshit.

Wow what a complete asshole you are. Not the op but at no point in his answer did come close to even slamming women. Bravo sir, bravo!

>Been watching Braindead have we?

What's wrong little babby, don't know what astroturfing is? That word is probably as old as you are

You're not talking to the same person, friend, but who cares.
I've seen "astroturfing" being used everywhere forever, only because you discovered it recently doesn't mean the rest of the world also did.

>So truly, why does the new Ghostbusters get the hate? Why the backlash against reboots now?

There is nothing special about the GB hate train. The robocop, nightmare on elm street, total recall, the thing, vacation, etc. all got hate but put their head down and quietly walked their walk of shame into obscurity.

Most of the time, normies don't even notice these remakes coming out or don't watch them. My brother didn't even know they made a total recall remake and thought the robocop reboot was cancelled because there was barely any news about it. Ghostbusters came out the door roaring with a shitty trailer and "gurl powa!" with Sony brushing off the slightest criticism "Oh, it's just sexist men!" that just fuels the flames.

>we
You're not we bane tourist

>All these replies

He clearly hit the nail on the head here.

You're an idiot.
Both of those movies had huge numbers of hate threads on Sup Forums.

I didn't even know Braindead was a show and I've heard that word many times before, and long before last month.

>he

Keep "pretending", retard. Still waiting for an argument too.

I am familiar with the word Astroturfing and I have never seen braindead.

Seems like you are projecting and you heard the word at two places for the first time and you made the connection.

It wasn't bait he just didn't bother to put into context what he read, he just reacted to feminism so it's more like baited himself.

There was hate, however, the situation went like this:

> A _______ reboot? It looks like shit
> Yeah, you are right.

On the other hand, this happened with Ghostbusters:

> A Ghostbusters reboot? It looks like shit
> HOW DARE YOU, YOU SHITLORD MISOGYNIST??!?

And then it all snowballed from there. I'm not saying some genuine misogynists/racists/whatever didn't cry because of the female cast, but then more people got involved when Twitter and other media exaggerated the whole thing.

Every fucking reply proves you are bitter virgins.
You do see that don't you?

i actually enjoyed total recall

Nice projecting.

Maybe if you pay this movie to Tiffany and Tyrone she could give you a lowkey handjob popcorn style, senpai

you're stretching too far with robocop, total recall was a bit run of the mill though

youtube.com/watch?v=hyjfNQ0lJn4

>Same thread two or three times a day
>Each thread has a hundred plus replies furiously taking the b8
I think you dumb niggers are your own biggest problem.

Hey I am not the one invested in hating on a movie because there are women in it.

>Tiffany and Tyrone
Is that why you think you don't get a girlfriend? Because women and black people? Its everyone else that is wrong?

I remember the hate train for both. Damn it was terrible. But it was short. Because the producers didnt hated the fans and played victim.
And they didnt feminism-washed it like Ghostbusters2016

Yes, accuse others of being virgins. Those who popped their cherries are clearly of a single mind and would all agree with you

>unchecked quints

:0

I feel like we are getting somewhere. you now admitted you are a virgin so we are almost there for you to see were this unnecessary hate comes from.

Total recall could have been good, but they forgot the spirit of the old movie and gave too much fucking screentime to the wife.

Conan was decent until the attack before Conan grew up. Then it was generic shit and it wasn't Momoa's fault. He looked more like Conan as Khal Drogo desu.

Robocop is the best of the bunch because I expected it to be shit, but it included interesting characters (oldman) and good old sci-fi ethical challenges while somewhat respecting the original.
Would have been better if it was called cybercop or roboman or something. Still good.

Ghostbusters is a shitty remake with shitty recycled jokes and "grrl power" """"humor"""".
It doesn-t respect the original and introduces poor "progressive" ideas while portraying women and colored people with sexist and racist stereotypes. But apparently it's ok when SJW do it. And don't tell me that director isn't one. Just look at what he wanted to do with the wonder woman movie.

Nah brother, I was actually agreeing with you. We retarded faggots gotta stick together.

>Just look at what he wanted to do with the wonder woman movie.
Looked it up.
>The idea for Feig’s film would’ve involved a Wonder Woman who “keeps hitting the glass ceiling” of the superhero world. Conceived as a lighter action-comedy, this Princess Diana of Themyscira has to contend with male heroes like Batman and Superman who are perhaps not as forward-thinking regarding their female counterpart as they should be. (I think the word “jerks” might’ve come up.) Feig compared this Wonder Woman to the suffragist Cicely Hamilton (who wrote the 1908 "feminist" play Diana of Dobson's).
It's true. This man has no dick.

a)those movies had smaller fanbases
b)they were actually hated by the fans of the originals everyone else simply forgot about them
c)none of them were used as a flag for femifascism and they didn't try to deflect critisicm with horse shit about "muh angry virgins muh patriarchy boiz stink girls rule XD" so they didn't stir up controversy and were quickly forgotten
That about sums it up

So let me get this straight, because a movie replaced a male cast with a female cast I'm supposed to accept Hollywood's total lack of originality?

>So let me get this straight, because a movie replaced a male cast with a female cast I'm supposed to accept Hollywood's total lack of originality?
Oh but that's the best part. There was already a sequel planned and it was fairly decent. Then this faggot proposed an allfem movie and they hired him instead.

both films wernt brilliant but they were okay, good effects, semi decent acting and atleast they kept to the same sex. I mean thats whats so bad about the new ghostbusters film, a lot of the fans of the original two wanted them to make a new ghostbusters with the old actors not new ones, they also went about it the wrong way by swapping genders i mean why? why would you do this? this feminist shit is terrible its ruining a lot of good things and i don't understand why they now have to do it with films, television etc. i enjoy and love seeing female leads but when its put across in the way they did "whole crew were women"... why?