I went to the dermatologist for my ingrown toenail and im not sure what she did to the nail or my toe but it's only...

I went to the dermatologist for my ingrown toenail and im not sure what she did to the nail or my toe but it's only gotten worse since the visit. Any advice?

Other urls found in this thread:

anonyourself.club
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

heres another pic

bump

Omg dude your gonna die!

bruh I had the same, it was not that bad but still, it's an infection, I don't know what the fuck the dermatologist did to you but all you had to do was to take some antibiotics for a week

I had one way worse you'll probably get surgery, just under local antiseptic I was walking fine after 3 days and playing sport after 2 weeks

looks infected, my man

go to another one and get that removed if its real. theyll either cut the entire toe nail off or just like the edge. if the latter then i can assure you its definitely worth it. the pain of an ingrown nail is unbearable and the literal second of pain from the needle to numb is well worth it. plus some docs will kill the nerve in there making it so the nail will never grow past the edge again. (a good thing)

make a cup bull of boiling water
add fuck loads of salt
wait 45 seconds
pour into wound
pour salt on it for 30mins and leave it elevated
deal with the throbbing
reapeat twice every day
make sure you keep the wound dry in between
and in future clean your feet
clip toenails
and take out the ingrown ones asap

trips say licks

Kill yourself before it spreads

i just cut some of it off i think i can patch myself up but ill keep you guys posted

The fuck?

No, it's an ingrown toenail, you don't just "take pills and make it go away", the nail has GROWN IN TO THE SKIN, and it needs to be cut out.

fuck

yeah, but that shit is infected and needs antibiotics

im saving this shit

Neat!

Rip

Use an stimulan, is allways effective

forgot to mention i have some antibiotics

lmao you fucking moron it barely looks infected. Just keep it covered, use some dettol and don't do anything stupid with i- oh wait.

Well your first mistake was going to a dermatologist. Dermatologists don't know shit about feet. Go see a Podiatrist ASAP. Trust me.

I found this while playing in the water. i dont think i cleaned out the sink after the last time i came in it so it might have a bigger infection

what's that?

my ingrown toenail was only fixed when part of the nail root was surgically removed

I had one back in 2010, I was younger and didnt tell my parents untill one day I came home with a bloody sock. It was a bit worse than yours but not much worse, so I got a surgery and it was painfull for like 3 days, after a few days I could walk normally again and after about 2 weeks everything was fine again. So just get a surgery. An inflammation will not just dissappear from itself.

ITT: op gets HIV

i have no fucking clue but I might bleed out

starting to see the edge of the nail

progress

Thats the spirit OP. Cut that shit out like a fucking man.

my god why am I looking at this and enjoying it in some twisted way

For fucks sake, when I chopped part of my knuckle with a potato peeler I didn't mess it as hard as you.

Get a band aid, bandage, piece of toilet paper NOW

Or just chop your fucking head and finish the job.

just rubbed a ton of Neosporin on that fucker but i cant find any band aids

And just to be safe, clean the wound, apply something to cover the hole, and remember to repeat the process tomorrow

Kitchen paper (the one that absorves a lot of water) would do fine for the moment

To bleed out you have to loss like 5 liters of blood

>I went to the dermatologist for my ingrown toenail
the dermatologist must be as dumb as you are for treating an ingrown toe nail when they should have referred you to a podiatrist

Had mine removed a few weeks ago. On cephalexin too.

where did you have yours done? at the Optometrist?

i couldnt find any band aids. if it wasnt already infected it will be soon

does your toe normally look that odd? also where did you get the surgery and hows it healing

Local podiatrist, cut it right out after having me wait multiple months.

when it does get infected you can have it treated by a proctologist

Healing wonderfully, they had me soak it twice daily for two weeks, now I'm on cephalexin and it's begun scabbing over. I only have it bandaged when wearing shoes and it no longer drains.

My before pic

i used to get ingrown toenails and they took the whole root of the nail out on the one side. ur doctor just removed part of the nail so it will probly come back. on my other toe they ripped out the whole nail and it grew back weird and with fungus

what the fuck? it looks like ur entire toe is split open.

wow

why didnt you try and preform surgery like op?

You couldn't get worse medical attention even if you were treated in Tropico

Refresh, it isn't healing.

The nail grew and took the skin with it, it wasn't actually split open.

Should've left it alone to heal

I did.

how the fuck do you even let it get that bad

I'm a local legend now at the hospital.
Nurses were taking pictures.

>couldn't find any band-aids
>uses Duct tape

Good job. You most likely fucked the future of that toe up user. I wish you none of the best.

Are you this fucking stupid?

looks more like jenkem than blood but i guess that could just mean you didnt go to medical school

u dont need a doctor for an ingrown toenail if u know what u are doing. It's something u can easily do self surgery on if u know what ur doing. Too bad u guys were dumb and didn't fix it before it got that bad. U guys would never survive in a post apocalyptic society

>local legend

I'd hope I'd be one if my toe looked like that, holy shit.

Not a medical student, it was a mixture of soapy, warm water and blood.

They call me Devil because my toe had horns.

i bet youre the kind of guy who keeps a katana under his bed just so you can protect yourself when the zombies come

Looks fine; its red, its clotted. Keep a bandage on with antibacterial cream and only take it off for showers.

When the zombies start beating the door your knowledge will save us all

Your brain specifically

hopeful bait. unless you're actually retarded.

have the bullies been tough on you lately?

I'd have gotten my toe cut off. I don't fucking need it anyway. what have toes ever done for us?

Help us balance. I went there ready to lose the toe. I just wanted it gone. It was excruciatingly painful.

Shoulda told him before he wrapped it in Duct tape

>reads through thread

god all-fucking-mighty

minutes too late

Stop the government from monitoring all your online activity. A VPN will make it look like your physical ip address is from another country, keeping you hidden, anonymous and worry free. Plus you have all the benefits of viewing region locked content anonyourself.club

What did you even do to fuck it up like that?

I had something like this on my toe when I was 16 so I got high as fuck and cut it off with a steak knife and I'm glad I did

Jesus fuck. It's nightmarish.

Well I let it grow out, I had seen the podiatrist months before but they would never call me back.

The antibiotics didn't work.

I wish I had taken more pictures before the surgery, it'd make a good shock thread.

Heya, if your still here, did you ever have the side slits/grooves the nail grows past grow up again?
I've had a few of mine removed and for whatever reason on one of my big toes the outside edge groove decided to grow back in slowly after like 3 months. I now have to randomly give it a quick clip like once every month or so :S

are you fucking serious lol

Still here, this is the first time I've had one removed. It hasn't started growing back yet

Stop fucking around, u may have cut the meat or the same nail edge cut it
Do u have any liquid antibiotic? (like an antiflu)

Jeez, for how long did you got that?

Months, it's gone now.

not fucking around at all. ill take another look at it tm and throw some more Neosporin on it. if worst comes to worst ill have to get surgery

Deviltoe here.
Get surgery now, use mine as an example.

Change up your shoe game. Change your socks more often. Don't clip your nails too close. Hopefully your doc told you all that already.

Mine surgery is blast. Recommended

Ah alright, maybe I'm just odd or something then.

The slits the nail grows through on both of my big toes were all about as hard as the nail itself, so having the one side slowly continue to grow out and need to be repeatedly clipped is like I have a small near vertically growing nail in it's place.

I've been unable to really find anything similar off quick searches, so thought I'd ask since you were available in hopes you'd have had the same thing happen, and maybe had a better doc since mine was just a quick rip and patch job at a quick clinic(urgent care) facility.

Thanks anyway.

you should be going to a podiatrist for that, not a dermatologist.

There better be something under the duct tape nigger

I went to a quick clinic, the doctor almost fainted. She agreed to get me a next day appointment. She was a fucking bro. I went to the hospital the next day and the dude ripped it out.

soak you toe in warm water and vinegar

get some antibiotics

op here. just Neosporin because i couldnt find any band aids

go to a fucking dollar store or walmart, and pick up some damn bandaids

Where's the pus then? Not an infection. It's inflammation. I get these all the time when ripping out my ingrown toenails. Looks like a piece left behind the raw flesh. Use nail clippers or something similar to grab if and rip it out. No shoes. No socks for 2 days. Let it air and it'll be fine.
Source. Lifetime of ingrown nails and 17 years microbiology work in pathology lab.

Ugh I always see these threads and post the same advice.

i have NEVER seen an ingrown toenail on /b. That's because "ingrown toenails" dont exist.

You are suffering from overgrown toeskin. The problem is with the skin around your toes, not your nails. People with "fat toes" will suffer from infections on the lateral sides of their toes if the skin is not fixed. To do so, you will require a vandenboss procedure. No amount of wedge resections surgeries will fix the toes in this thread.

The good news: a vandenboss procedure WILL cure you. The bad news: you will have to hold your doc's hand to explain this to them, and the procedure is pretty intense.

Good luck user

Yeah cos nerves cause nails to grow don't they. Fucking idiot.
They do a bone scrape to remove the bed tissue. Remove that and there is nothing to grow a nail. Easy procedure if the nail is causing too much pain.

You're an idiot.